Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"A fast-paced and relentlessly hard racer, Fluid SE is well worth your time. 8 out of 10" - PocketGamer
Fluid SE is a thrilling time-trial racer mixed with the arcade gameplay of Pac-Man, brought to you by Radiangames, creator of Inferno+, JoyJoy, Super Crossfire, and more. Speed through the mazes to collect the dots, find the optimal path, and avoid the swarms of spectres.
In Fluid: Special Edition, you guide Streak (a speedy black fish) through 40 levels filled with dots, obstacles, and powerups. Each dot you collect spawns a spectre that tries to chase you down, while the powerups give an upperhand temporarily, either with a speed boost, a vortex that attracts spectres, or spectre-bursting spikes.
* Finish the levels as fast you can and you're rewarded with up to 5 stars.
* 5-star times aren't initially shown, but getting a 4-star or higher time will reveal that level's 5-star time.
* Levels are unlocked in groups of 5, with each group requiring a minimum amount of stars.
* Every 5th level is a bonus level (with no spectres), while every 4th group has Turbo Levels, which speed up Streak's speed even more.
* Each group has its own Game Center leaderboard, along with a star total leaderboard.
* In addition, there are 12 Game Center-enabled achievements to help track your progress and further reward solid gameplay.
* Use the amazingly smooth and accurate virtual controls or an iOS7-compatible game controller.
More press reviews:
"Overall, this app is utterly flawless. From the graphics to the gameplay to the premise, everything about Fluid SE is just as lovely as it is entertaining." - AppAdvice
What's New in Version 1.01
* Added time-based GameCenter leaderboards for each group (must complete all 5 levels to rank in the leaderboards).
* Added group time display if you have 25 stars in a group.
* Added a help screen (start of game, and from pause menu).
* Added an instant restart button (appears after you start moving).
* Added a flip stick option so you can play right-handed.
* Decreased the number of stars needed to unlock some groups (up to 10 stars less).
* Slight rendering speed-up.
* Changed level 33 so it's less reliant on luck to finish.
* Fixed Rate The Game link to point at Fluid SE instead of JoyJoy, and it appears sooner.
* Couple minor fixes.
Congratulations on creating yet another stellar game. We are always impressed with the attention paid to involving the player from beginning to end -- to details often overlooked by other app developers and the intense satisfaction derived from the stunning visual performance of the graphics (for want of a better way to say it) that we find in every piece of work coming out of this great game creator.
Fun. Worth the money. Satisfying. In our house, it was played by by a 9 year old, a 60 year old and a 46 year old --- all in the first day we grabbed it from the App Store.
For me, this is a top of the line racer. Don't be fooled by the minimalistic design of Radian Games apps, there is some really deep gameplay and wholesome arcade goodness wrapped inside.
Great fun to be had here, as with all their games. If you are "thinking" about buying Fluid SE, grab it now, one of my best purchases in awhile and I buy a TON of games.
Kudos to the developers here, you've created a fine game that I feel is one of the best values on the AppStore.
Radiangames keeps cranking out super polished, crazy fun premium games on iOS. Perfect controls and fast paced action as usual, easy to recommend.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jun 18, 2014
- Version: 1.01
- Size: 47.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Luke Schneider
- © 2014 Radiangames
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.