"Picture the best interactive armchair retrospective you can imagine" - Vanity Fair
Art Intelligence is pleased to present its third edition featuring world-renowned, artist-photographer Cindy Sherman.
Cindy Sherman has been using her camera to explore the changing roles—and myriad faces—of images of women in media since the mid-1970s. Acting as her own photographer, model, make-up artist and stylist, she takes aim at the movie roles and masks, the fairy tales and fashions, the imagery and icons that have defined female identity through the decades. From the rise of powerful women pop stars and politicians in the 1980s, through the culture wars and gender backlash in the 1990s, to the new narcissism of social networking in the 2000s and beyond, Sherman has used her art to re-stage, re-cast, and reflect our grandest illusions, fantasies, pretensions, and realities—in ways that look deeper at the ways we look.
*Featured by Apple multiple times. Awarded the appoLearning Seal of Approval*
Designed for the serious student and armchair art fan alike, Art Intelligence lets you get into art-your way, the artist's way, every way.
1. INTRODUCTION. Your first glimpse into the artist’s life and times. See the big picture before diving into the work.
2. GALLERY. Feast your eyes on the artist’s greatest hits and inspirations. A curated archive of high-resolution images at your fingertips. Up close. In-depth. Absolutely gorgeous.
3. TIMELINE. Navigate and explore two interactive, parallel time streams. Make connections between the art, the history and the world at large.
4. VISUAL BIOGRAPHY. Meet the artist, up close and personal. Experience the story of a lifetime, in words and pictures.
5. RESOURCES. A bibliography that give you access to all the resources cited within the app, so you can learn even more.
Designed for the serious student and armchair art fan alike, Art Intelligence is a road trip into the world of Cindy Sherman you can take over and over again.
ABOUT ART INTELLIGENCE
The Cindy Sherman app is curated by Bridget L. Goodbody and powered by Art Intelligence, the first and only app-building platform that makes it easy and affordable for art and education professionals to connect people to pictures, images to ideas, and world-class art to world-wide audiences.
You asked. We listened. We've vastly improved navigation, enhanced social sharing and added bookmarking capabilities. Let us know what you think. Say email@example.com.
Ratings and Reviews
Best Use of the iPad
Seeing these pictures on the iPad is incredible. Being able to interact with her personal timeline and events of the time is a perfect use of digital technology. So much more fun than a coffee table book. I went through the entire app while commuting to work. What a great use of my morning! Art Intelligence is 3 for 3. I want to see the comprehensive contemporary art version with timelines for all the artists.
A must for serious art fans
This is an amazingly comprehensive retrospective of Cindy Sherman's work. Once I got over ogling the images and exploring the nifty interface, I realized that the editorial content is of exceptionally high quality. Who wrote all this?! Thank you!
Basically, this is an Art History textbook from the future. I hope many more are coming from Art intelligence.
Creative, integrated and hands on app with cool design that lets you take a self tour of an artist's body of work and the time and culture it came out of. Clever writing and differently conceived.
- Art Intelligence, LLC
- 389.8 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2014 Art Intelligence
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.