The dedicated EDM (Electronic Dance Music) version of the award-winning music making app is here!
Create powerful EDM tracks to your own chords in minutes with SessionBand - the world's only chord-based audio loop app. It's the quickest way to produce your own complete, studio quality Electronic Dance Music – wherever you are and whatever your level of ability.
Volume 1 includes 15 fresh and diverse EDM styles recorded exclusively for SessionBand by Polish dance music producers Loopoholics. Everything you need to produce your own bass-busting, speaker-smashing tracks with over 17,000 razor-sharp, chord-based loops included in the download.
Create your own pumping tracks in minutes with dirty saws, melodic arps, nasty leads and massive basslines – sounds inspired by EDM giants from Daft Punk, Avicii and Nero to Hardwell, EDX and Nicky Romero.
Whether you understand music or not, this is the one music app that's focused on delivering you complete, finished tracks in minutes.
Whether you're a songwriter, producer or simply addicted to dance music, SessionBand EDM – Volume 1 instantly converts the chords you select into great-sounding, high-energy audio.
And with a host of pro features like automated mixing, auto-transpose, one-touch live recording, real-time tempo shift and Audiobus compatibility - allowing you to seamlessly export our unique content into other top music apps like GarageBand - it has never been easier or quicker to create your own studio quality music even if you can't play a note!
Note: We recommend using SessionBand EDM with iPad 2, iPhone 4S or newer devices.
Preview the loops from SessionBand EDM at sessionbandapp.com
The world's only chord-based audio loop app is the fastest way to create studio quality music
* Simply pick a style
* Choose your chords
* Watch them turn into pro-audio dance music
* Stretch or shorten loops in seconds
* Build up your track in minutes
* Instantly hear your track across all 15 different EDM styles and tempos
* Auto - transpose your entire track
* Mix your track (manual or automated)
* Adjust track tempo (+/- 15%)
* Record direct to audio
* Copy straight to other music apps
* Share with the world!
Over 17,000 precision-cut EDM loops included in the app
* Over 17,000 chord-based EDM loops included
* 15 contrasting popular EDM styles
* Tempos from 126 bpm to 128 bpm
* Each of the 15 EDM styles includes loops in the 10 most popular EDM chord variations for every root note:
* Maj, min, maj/6, min/7, sus2, sus4, m(b5), maj7, m7 and m7/6
* 15 drum fills/alternative drum patterns included in each of the 15 styles including risers and up and down sfx
You don't have to be a musician or a producer to make your own great-sounding EDM tracks
* Simple, intuitive interface allows easy chord selection and loop manipulation
* Chord preview function lets you audition the chord of the loop you are about to insert. If it doesn't sound right - simply pick another one!
* Copy/paste lets you build up tracks quickly
* Simple play, mix, transpose, record and export functions
Create huge, ear-busting EDM tracks on the go!
* Once you've downloaded the app, you don't need internet access
Here's what people say about the SessionBand app range...
“Extraordinarily useful” Jamie Cullum
“Supremely versatile” Jazzwise
“The perfect app” James Torme
“Remarkably polished” Forbes
“Perfect for songwriters, producers, singers and music newbies” 148 Apps
“A definite recommendation for amateur and professional musicians” iTopnews Germany
“...a simple and clear user interface” Jazz Drummer World
“This app has numerous features to make your track sound professional and stunning” appPicker
• Improved export/backup of SessionBand track files
• Metronome count-in can be recorded
• Fix for A-Z track listing bug
Ratings and Reviews
Great app, but it crashes too much
I think this app has the potential to be an amazing tool for making music. The only problem is, it crashes too much. Specifically when I change or add something to the song. So far I’ve been experiencing 3 or 4 crashes in the span of a few minutes every time I start the app. It’s really hard to be productive with these issues. I don’t want to say I regret buying it because I actually really like what it has to offer, but I’m kinda on the fence with this one. That’s $3.99 potentially wasted. I hope there’s a fix for it soon, I’d really like to make music with this app...
Very pleased to see this is still being loved...
....looking forward to updates to the other volumes (I own them all :).
What you need to know before you buy this app
If I could I would give this 3.5 stars. The interface is gorgeous, but uncluttered. Intuitive controls let you jump in right away and the interactive help is second to none. Samples are flawless and easy to manipulate. The creation of professional sounding tracks can be accomplished in a matter of minutes.
Despite all the above, the app is still lacking. First, the audiobus interface HAS to be fixed before I would recommend this to anyone. The app is too limited without it, which leads me to my second point. While there are thousands of samples that drive this composer, each EDM style (there are 16) only has one bass line, one synth pad, and one lead. Only the drums afford multiple patterns. For instance, when you compose a song you select a style. Within the style you select loops with almost any conceivable chord. The lead synth for that chord will play the exact same pattern regardless of which chord you select. This makes for a monotonous song and essentially makes this app a background track generator, not a full-blown song creator.
In short, if the audiobus errors are fixed, and you're looking for a background track for basic tracks, then this is a great choice.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.