Halide - RAW Manual Camera
By Chroma Noir LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
“This iOS Camera App Brings Out the Pro in Amateurs”
“Lavish, tactile, respectful, illuminating, gorgeous.”
“Halide has the potential transform how you make photos with your phone.”
“This sort of maniacal attention to the smallest of details deserves to be celebrated.”
- Daring Fireball
Halide is a groundbreaking camera app for deliberate and thoughtful photography. With high-end tools and beautiful details, Halide is your go-to camera when you want to really take a photo rather than a quick snapshot.
Use gestures in Halide’s to change exposure and manual focus. Customize controls to adapt the app to your needs. Halide’s professional tools include focus peaking, a detailed histogram, adaptive level grid, and RAW support.*
- Beautiful, intuitive gesture-based interface
- Focus peaking* and powerful manual focus
- Full manual controls including exposure, ISO and white balance
- Live histogram for perfect exposure*
- Captures RAW or JPG for the best quality shots*
- Grid overlay with built-in level
- Quick-review of your last few shots
- Intelligent automatic and manual mode
Focus peaking requires iPhone 5S or later (5S, 6, 6S, 7, 8, X, SE)
Histogram requires iPhone 6 or later. (6, 6S, 7, 8, X, SE)
RAW requires iPhone 6S or later. (6S, 7, 8, X, SE)
What's New in Version 1.5.2
This update fixes a few bugs and crashes. If you still have problems, please email email@example.com, and we'll get right on it!
This update includes all the features from 1.5.0, including a completely new UI for iPhone X. All camera controls now sit within thumb’s reach, letting you easily shoot with just one hand. This new design uses every pixel of the new edge-to-edge screen, so nothing obstructs the viewfinder, giving you a uniquely unobstructed look at your subject. Every screen was further polished and designed from scratch for the iPhone X.
Under the hood, we ensured Halide works perfectly with the new cameras on iPhone X. Halide 1.5 captures Depth, letting you apply Portrait effects to your captured photos in the Photos app, and manual focus lets you see the new f/2.4 aperture on the iPhone X telephoto lens in all its glory.
We’ve made several improvements on older iPhones, too, to provide a more ergonomic experience.
Good would like to see some things added
This app is pretty good. It’s designed beautifully. With that said and this is coming from a professional photographer, there are some changes I’d like to see. More like future updates suggestions I guess. (I hope the developers read this!!!)
Here are features I’d like to see added by v2.0
-longer exposure times up to at least 30sec with possibly a bulb mode via Bluetooth shutter buttons or even just custom time entry for night photography
-ability to choose Heif or jpg
-ability for timer release to reduce screen touch shake when on a tripod with long exposures.
-more detailed histogram option (more bars)
I really hope to see these features added primarily the longer exposure times it’s the main reason I bought this app only to find its limitations quite quickly to somewhere around 1/4th a sec. Keep up the good work guys
One of the best camera app for anyone to pick up
The app uses the space so thoughtfully and you can use it as a regular camera app, as well as a RAW shooter with manual controls like shutter speed, iso, manual focus, wb etc. it also has Taptic feedback after you successfully take your shot. It is also customizable and you can choose your most frequently used controls to be on the always-on-top bar. Gestures are also amazing and easy. Overall it’s highly recommended.
Debatable value add
- Easier AF to MF switching. i.e. a semi auto mode where side swipes overrides existing AF closer or further.
- Customizable haptic knock such as to focus lock rather than orientation which isn’t all that important and easily post editable.
- Focal length in a non awkward position and continuous zoom. Yes there’s only 2 discrete positions but it helps with visualizing composition and reminding yourself what you wanted to focus on when you look at the pictures again a few days later.
- Adjustable focus during simulated depth mode. I somehow thought it was the whole point of this app.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Nov 17, 2017
- Version: 1.5.2
- Size: 25.2 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Chroma Noir LLC
- © 2017 Chroma Noir LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.