Coinbase - Buy Bitcoin & more
By Coinbase, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Coinbase is the world's most popular bitcoin, ethereum, and litecoin wallet. We make it easy to securely buy, use, store, and accept bitcoin, ethereum, and litecoin. Coinbase for iOS has been designed from the ground up to to provide the best possible digital money experience on mobile.
More than 10M customers trust Coinbase:
- "Slick design and very easy to use to send bitcoin on the move."
- "Works like a charm for checking your account and sending & receiving bitcoin."
- "Send, receive, scan QR codes and monitor your Coinbase account - What more could you want?"
With the sleek and simple Coinbase iOS app you can:
* STORE BITCOIN, ETHER, AND LITECOIN SECURELY - Securely store it in your Coinbase wallet or vault for zero fees
* BUY IT EASILY - Instantly buy and sell bitcoin, ether, and litecoin using a combination of bank accounts, PayPal, credit cards, and debit cards
* START SPENDING - Send money to friends or shop with merchants who accept bitcoin
Additional features include:
- Send and request bitcoin, ether, and litecoin
- Track bitcoin, ether, and litecoin price anywhere with bitcoin price charts, bitcoin price ticker, and price alerts
- Check balance, transaction history and transaction details for all your accounts in a glance
- Send bitcoin, ether, and litecoin via email, QR code
- Bank level security means your bitcoins, ether, and litecoin are safe
- Set a passcode to protect the app
- Remotely disable your phone's access if it is lost or stolen
- Realtime and historical bitcoin, ether, and litecoin price charts
If you're having issues with the app, or have some feedback, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What's New in Version 3.0.9
The Bitcoin Segwit2x fork quietly passed. The network is not usable, so Coinbase will not be supporting this asset.
With this release, we've made a few improvements we think you'll love:
- Improved buy / sell confirmation pages
- Alerts have been added to the dashboard
- Improved SEPA experience
- Quite a few bug fixes
Until next time!
Takes too long to go into wallet
Coinbase is great. However, it takes 4-7 days for your transactions to clear when using your bank account, or linking your bank account. Even though im not planning on selling anytime soon, it shouldnt take so long for my purchases to be approved and show up in my wallet or portfolio. Also, they recommend using or linking your bank account, instead of using your debit card which is immediate and doesnt take 4-7 days to clear. Why does it take so long to clear?
I understand that they want to make sure funds are in your account (i assume), but 4-7 days, is way too long. I dont think i can sell anything until everything has cleared. I also noticed that the $ was already taken out of my bank account- so why are they not available as soon as you have taken the money out of my account? The good thing i guess is that the price i purchased them at is locked in. But still would be nice if they were in my portfolio as soon as the money has been taken out of my account. All in all, this is a great, easy and fast way to buy crypto !
I’d like to rate -5
I’m interested in trading. Bitcoin has attracted my attention so I’ve followed the experts advice and “purchased” this app. It’s so far in the iCloud and every-time I try downloading it, the little circular time indicator showing progress simply times out. So I guess this is due to the sudden popularity of crypto currency, which appear to be more like the famous gold filled coffer at the end of a rainbow. It’s a mirage, an illusion of riches. I think everything will go back to some orderly trading fashion when the futures market is open, and those people who think are overly rich will soon realize the true trading value of all these fantasy currencies. Only countries like Russia or Venezuela can currently mine Bitcoin and they will eventually need to sell to make greenbacks. If this review takes so long to write all this bs is because I’m still waiting for the stupid app to download. Thanks for your patience. One more thing, if by any chance you’re progressive environmental minded person, start protesting as the mining of the remaining B 6 million (to reach the mathematical limit of B 21 million) will consume more energy than the 20 largest cities in the US do in a year time. I’m still waiting for the app to download. Thanks again.
A Must Have For Bitcoin!
I have been sitting on a bunch of coins for a year now and since it hit $11k per coin recently, I decided it’s time to sell some. I did a lot of research before choosing Coinbase and they seemed to have the best user reviews of all the US based Bitcoin services. The setup was very easy and selling was incredibly easy. Anyone who has tried to sell Bitcoin in the past will tell you, selling the coins was not only overwhelming, but also difficult. Coinbase has changed all that. I have sold coins with both the website and the app, and surprisingly, the iPhone app is actually easier use and offers a better user experience. I would definitely recommend this app to anyone interested in buying/selling Bitcoin!
Unrelated, I would highly recommend you enable MFA (Multi Facet Authentication) which adds a second layer of authenticating when logging into the app. This helps prevent unauthorized access as Bitcoin wallets are a prime target for hackers.
- Category: Finance
- Updated: Dec 01, 2017
- Version: 3.0.9
- Size: 62.3 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Coinbase, Inc.
- © 2016 Coinbase, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.