PDF Max is a desktop class PDF app for reading, annotating or signing PDF documents on your iPhone/iPad. Mark up documents with highlights and handwriting, insert texts and stamps, fill out, sign PDFs and even manipulate PDF pages. With over 3 million downloads across platforms, PDF Max helps hundred thousands of people over the world to go paperless everyday.
PDF Max Features:
* READING FEATURES
- Smooth and responsive even with large PDF documents
- Smooth vertical scrolling - allow you to scroll through your entire PDF document smoothly and efficiency.
- Open documents in multiple tabs.
- Multi-purpose SideBar includes everything you need to skim through your documents like never before: Page Thumbnails, PDF Outlines/Bookmarks, Annotation List & Search Panel.
- Smart Zoom: Double-tap on text blocks and PDF Max will zoom the touched text block to fit the screen. Simple & efficient reading.
- Open external files linked via PDF Links
- Friendly & Easy to use User Interface
* ANNOTATING FEATURES
- Text markup: Highlight, Underline, Strike out & Squiggle
- Unlimited threaded comments (notes) attached to any annotation.
- Create VOICE ANNOTATIONS: Record and embed voice annotations within the PDF document.
- HANDWRITING with Advanced Zoom-In Writing feature
- Eraser tools to manipulate your handwriting
- Shape tools to draw Line, Arrow, Rectangle & Oval with intelligent snapping
- Rich format Freetext tool to type over PDF pages
- Stamp tool to insert Predefined, Standard Business Stamps & Custom Stamps
- Signature tool to manage and insert your signatures
- Undo/Redo function to correct your mistake
- Save and organize your favorite tools and access them quickly when needed.
- Easy to scroll document while annotating with one finger or stylus pen with optional Horizontal and Vertical ScrollBars
- Smart caching mechanism to avoid data loss.
* EDITING FEATURES
- Manage PDF Pages (Insert, Copy/Cut/Paste, Reorder & Delete PDF Pages)
- Manage PDF Outlines (Table of Contents) , PDF Embedded Links
* FORM-FILLING FEATURES:
- Support Text field, checkboxes, radio buttons, dropdown list, buttons & date-time fields
- Support AcroForms & Static XFA Forms
- Zoom-in writing to fill out scanned/non-interactive PDF forms
- Manage your signature plus one-time signature for customer
* PDF OUTLINE, PDF LINK & BOOKMARK MANAGEMENT FEATURES
- Create and manipulate PDF Outlines
- Create and manage PDF Bookmarks
- Create and edit PDF Embedded Links
* FILE MANAGEMENT FEATURES:
- The all-new file manager with Thumbnail View, List View modes. Sort by Name, Modified Date or Size.
- Categorize files or folder by Color Tags or Favorites (Starred)
- Seamless, desktop-like integration with Dropbox or Google Drive. Work both with or without an Internet connection.
- Rename, Copy or Move remote files/folders.
- Local Library for organizing files from different sources.
- Copy/Move files or folders between online cloud storage services.
iCloud Drive support.
* OTHER FEATURES
- Bookmarks management with ability to export as PDF Outlines
- Email or Print PDF in editable or flattened format
- PDF documents/forms modified by PDF Max are compatible with Adobe Acrobat standard
Let's go paperless! More at http://pdfmax.app
3 million downloads, 6 years in development makes PDF Max the world’s most popular mobile PDF app!
What's new in v6.2:
- Support new iPad Pro 2018
- Fixed missing My Signature tool
- Bug fixes & improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Update removed key functionality
Had this app for several years and it has generally improved when updated. However, a key function is now gone with v6, ability to open/read Word documents. Not sure why they took this away or if it’s a mistake with this version and will be fixed. The dark theme default seems unnecessary as well. They just don’t need to over think these things.
Don’t think I would buy this again if searching for app to handle pdf’s.
Use to be fantastic, now just crashes
I really wish they could fix the crashes. So in the pdf, I’m putting info, if you touch your ipad to get to the next open field to add info it crashes. I have used this app for the last 5 years or so and never had a problem till recently. I hope they can get this resolved soon and give it the update it needs.
Newest update issues
The newest update now will not open windows documents at all . They are in the program but you can’t do anything with them now . Older version allowed you to put these files into the app & to view the content . Now it says file not supported .
Please put it back to how it was.
New version 👎
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.