MP3 Audiobook Player is the easiest and most convenient app for listening to audiobooks in MP3 and M4B formats on your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad!
••• The app does not feature any audiobooks, but only plays your own audio files •••
The purpose of this app is to make listening to audiobooks in MP3 and M4B formats easy and convenient!
There are lots of websites with all kinds of audiobooks dubbed by professional actors and enthusiasts. Most of such audiobooks are distributed as folders with multiple MP3 files.
I'm, the author of the app, listen to audiobooks all the time. Therefore, I did my best to make MP3 Audiobook Player a tool that has everything necessary to make this process intuitive and convenient.
• Plays MP3 and M4B (without DRM protection) audiobooks.
• Adjustable playback quality (0.5x to 3.0x).
• Boost sound ( for audiobooks with low volume )
• The book cover is loaded from an image file in the book’s folder or from an embedded image from an audio file.
• Automatically saves the current playback position for all audiobooks.
• Jump to any file (can be enabled in settings).
• Supports standard headphone controls.
• Supports Apple Watch.
• Playback control from the Control Center and Block screen.
• A sleep timer with adjustable sleep periods or sleep after the end of the current chapter.
• Possibility to add/remove books through iTunes and from the computer via Wi-Fi
• Support WebDav for adding audiobooks directly from Explorer on PC or from Finder on MacOS
Thanks again for choosing our app! With this release:
● Bug fixes and performance improvements.
If you like MP3 Audiobook Player, would you mind taking a moment to write a nice review on the App Store? We'd greatly appreciate it.
Thanks for using MP3 Audiobook Player!
Ratings and Reviews
I have two quibbles and one problem with this app, which is otherwise very good. I like the interface overall - it presents the information I actually want to see, and doesn’t waste most of the screen showing me a pretty picture of the cover. The book list shows a decent number of books at once on my phone, and has a search feature. I also appreciate being able to easily skip by time or chapter.
The quibbles: First, I’d like to have an overall progress indicator, either instead of or as an alternative to the chapter progress indicator on the play screen. Sometimes I need to know how much time is left in the book, and there doesn’t appear to be a good way to tell with the current UI. Second, I’d appreciate an index (similar to the Contacts app) so it’s easy to jump to titles later in the list.
The problem: Loading multiple books using any method other than iTunes file sharing is either painful or broken, and those other methods were a major attraction of the app for me. If you drag&drop multiple .m4b book files via WebDav, the copy operation will crash because the player app moves the files into folders before they’ve finished copying. It seems to work OK for 1 book at a time, but if you want to load 200 at once (or even just several), forget it. This operation is likewise painful using cloud sharing - selecting 1 book at a time is impractical for large numbers of books, and multiples at once has failed in unpredictable ways for me multiple times.
Great Groundwork, but with a Bug
I love the number of options that are available in adding books to the app. I bought this app to avoid the hassle of using iTunes. I’ve been running into an issue repeatedly that make the app frustrating to use. Periodically, if I pause/play my audiobook using the controls on the lock screen or using my headphones my place is not saved. I can tell I’m going to lose my spot if the current time position stops changing. Also, once it messes up, the pause button on the lock screen stops functioning. I have to open the app then press pause, next time I press play it starts from the last time I paused, not the most recent. I’ve attempted to email the author and didn’t get a response. I’ll keep holding out for an update. The author has done a great job with this application and I’ll update my review once the bug is fixed. I appreciate your hard work!
Imported zipped book into iPhone X iOS 11.1.2
I have a mp3 book in 44 files. I could not successfully get this book imported into the app using any of the suggested methods. It would loop on the first mp3 file continually. Tried to send a message to author at his website to ask for his support but got the following message “There was an error trying to send your message. Please try again later. “ I had tried the free version first which had the same problems. Upgrading to the Pro version was a bad idea - it fails too.
Edited: Pro version. Upgraded from 1 to 4 stars. I got a 174 part zipped mp3 book imported from my iCloud Drive and it did work ok. So far it has loaded the files sequentially and seems to be working.
- Oleg Brailean
- 22.9 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 BiOM Software
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.