Do you have tinnitus or “ringing in the ears”? Tinnitus HQ helps you understand and relieve your tinnitus symptoms.
Recent research shows that tinnitus can be treated by listening to sounds that have been filtered to remove your specific tinnitus frequencies.*
With Tinnitus HQ, you can apply advanced filters to over 500 high-quality sounds to find relief for your symptoms.
Simply apply a bandpass filter to any sound or mix to isolate frequencies in a narrow range. Move this filter up and down the frequency range until it closely matches the ringing frequency in your ears.
Add a bandstop filter at these frequencies to any sound or mix to create your tinnitus mask.
You can set a wide range of filter widths from 0.1 to 4.0 octaves, down to 1Hz resolution.
With Tinnitus HQ you can create advanced natural-sounding tinnitus masks to help relieve your tinnitus symptoms.
Tinnitus HQ features:
• Over 500 high-quality natural sound recordings
• Wide frequency range: 128 Hz to 16 kHz
• Precision bandpass and bandstop filters to identify and mask ringing frequencies
• Filter widths from 0.1 to 4.0 Octaves, settable to 1Hz resolution
• Easy-to-create blended mixes of any 4 sounds
• Runs in background while using other apps or when the screen is locked
• Timer with slow audio fade-out
• Beautiful high-definition images from around the globe
• Modern easy-to-use interface
• 15 different natural sound categories, including Rain, Rivers & Streams, Ocean, Lakes, Wind, Water Fountains, Fire, Birds, Crickets & Insects, Cars, Trains, Public Places, Household, Industrial, Soundscapes.
Download Tinnitus HQ now.
* See http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0138595, http://www.pnas.org/content/107/3/1207.full, http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2918775/ for descriptions of notched sound therapy and its positive results.
* Please talk with your doctor about ringing in the ears and any other symptoms. Don’t use this or any other app as a substitute for professional medical advice.
Image credits: http://www.phase4mobile.com/image-credits-tinnitushq
• Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Simply Notch Therapy For Tinnitus
Very happy with Tinnitus HQ. Nice, simple user interface to create ‘notch’ and mix different sound files together. Extensive library of sound files to select from to create custom library. As for effectiveness in reducing perception of tinnitus, only time will tell.
After a few days of use, I have one recommendation for the developer. Setting the frequency of the notch could be improved significantly by adding “+” and “-“ buttons to the current ‘slider’ control. This would allow precise setting of the tinnitus frequency. Also, adding similar “+/-“ controls to files in a mix would provide better balancing in a mix.
Great, economical app! Looking forward to reduced perception of tinnitus and future upgrades/improvements to the app.
Good developers, good app
I use this to mask my tinnitus for sleeping, works well and has a great assortment of sounds you can mix together. The developers respond promptly to problems.
ZERO info about how to use this app. ZERO. Also, why not make the filters available for “outside” sources, such as my music. Big waste.
Please tap "Getting Started" in Settings & Help (this is also shown when the app is first used). Tap "Add Audio Filter" to add a filter to any sound or mix. Tap the info icon on the filter screen for detailed instructions. Please tap Send Feedback and we'd be glad to help further.
- Phase4 Mobile, Inc.
- 56.4 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- Copyright © 2018 Phase4 Mobile, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.