Fire Finder is your best source for finding information and images of wildfires in the United States. Display fire data on a convenient map with satellite imagery or choose from a list of fires. Easily share fire images and information with friends and loved ones.
- Maps wildfire locations and fire perimeter data (where available)
- Photo gallery of fires (where available)
- Display fire information from state and federal sources including: inciweb.org, fire.ca.gov, U.S. Forest Service and more
- Map active fire perimeters from geomac.gov
- Refreshed interface to take advantage of iPhone X hardware
- Added ability to show more detailed fire information and increased number of images
- Added categories of images to easily show satellite views and maps (when available)
Ratings and Reviews
very pleased so far
I've only had this for a couple of days, but right now I am very pleased. I live in an area where you have to keep track during "fire season." and in a typical day I would visit several web sites to keep tabs. This app consolidates data from many of those sites all in one place, and has links back to the agency sites.
Thank you for this - I love it!
So helpful during Fire Season
I am a California Native and fire season can get pretty crazy here. We have to pay attention even when the fires aren’t close bye because of summer traveling. I used to bounce between 3-4 different websites and twitter just to figure out where all the active wildfires were. This was well worth the 99 cents to save me a lot of time.
Nice App for fire info
App works nicely for seeing major fires. The only quibble I have is that I live in Minnesota and normally I want to see info on fires in Western Montana where many of my extended family live. When opened, the app always centers where the device is at and I have not found a way to set different location to start checking from.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.