Shiftgig is the smartest and easiest way to find a side hustle. Join the thousands of other gig workers who set their own schedules and work when, where and for whom they want. Browse our marketplace of available shifts at sporting events, conventions, restaurants, banquets, hotels, schools, warehouses and more.
To get started, download the Shiftgig app to apply. You’ll be asked to record a short video so we can get to know you -- so make sure to put your best foot forward. And don’t worry, no one sees these but our hiring team.
- Clock in on site right before you start work and clock out right after you end work. Our new verification feature will confirm your location and prove to the client that you were on site
- Minor bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Shiftgig Tampa - 3 Stars
As a college student looking for extra streams of income this is a great concept! However, there are ideas that should be addressed to better the app.
• When you claim a shift you should be able to adjust the hours. Ex: Dishwasher job is 5pm - 130am, the app should allow you to change the out time if necessary so that there is more coverage otherwise the jobs ended up not being picked up. (Maybe keep the minimum required hours to at least 4)
• Additionally, the Pay should be higher given the cost of living expenses in an area. Ex Tampa’s average monthly rent is $1000 for an apartment. At $10/hour even full time that’s $1600 ($10/hour for 40 hours for 4 weeks), the extra $600 I’d be lucky if I could afford the costs of a car and all the commuting I have to do. Possible idea to have companies be responsible for transportation through Uber or Lyft.
•Referral Program?? There should be one where it could be used as another form of income.
•Lastly there should be more advertising to get more companies to post jobs, so that there is an abundance of jobs available not just dishwasher positions.
Horrible customer service makes the app useless
I’ve been unable to use the app since I signed up several months ago. My skills were inputted incorrectly from the hiring team so I am unable to see available shifts to pickup. I’ve called and emailed numerous times with no success. The emails go unanswered for at least a week. When you finally get a response it’s a generic email saying “the issue is being looked into” or “it’s being forwarded to the proper department”. From that point it’s pretty much the end of the line as the communication essentially stops as you will need to start from square one and repeat the process from the beginning. I would not recommend this app to anyone unless you like wasting your time and being frustrated. You’re at the mercy of the hiring team and they may or may not input your skills correctly which will determine whether or not you will even see available shifts.
Don’t work for these idiots
The company is un responsive doesn’t answer emails or phone calls will change your shifts on you within several minutes of you leaving for your shift. Your paychecks will be short- they’ll be no explanation for any type of downgrades or upgrades to your status. You can apply to the companies they work with directly and get a job making 150% what they pay. Believe in yourself and walk away from a scam.
The development team responded with the standard email telling me to send an email to the address that does not respond. There’s no reason to work for these idiots even the other apps will hire you for a higher hourly rate then they will they’re just stealing from you -the app Crashes and burns if you have a problem this company is unresponsive and you’ll go broke working for $11 an hour.
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We’re sorry about your experience and encourage you to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can resolve the issue. While we didn’t live up to our promise this time, we are committed to giving Specialists like you the opportunity to find gig work quickly and easily.
- Shiftgig, Inc.
- 94.8 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © Copyright 2014 Shiftgig, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.