Inbox by Gmail
By Google, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Your email inbox should help you live and work better, but instead it often buries the important stuff and creates more stress than it relieves. Inbox, built by the Gmail team, keeps things organized and helps you get back to what matters.
• HIGHLIGHTS - Get the most important information without even opening the message. Check-in for flights, see shipping information for purchases, and view photos from friends right up front.
• BUNDLES - Similar messages are bundled together so you can deal with them all at once. And get rid of them with one swipe.
• REMINDERS - More than mail, you can add Reminders so your inbox contains all the things you need to get back to.
• SNOOZE - Snooze emails and Reminders to come back when you are ready to deal with them: next week, when you get home, or whenever you choose.
• SEARCH - Inbox helps you find exactly what you’re looking for— from your upcoming flight to a friend's address— without having to dig through messages.
• WORKS WITH GMAIL - Inbox is built by the Gmail team, so all your messages from Gmail are here, along with the reliability and spam protection of Gmail. All of your messages are still in Gmail and always will be.
What's New in Version 1.3.170827
• Bug fixes and performance improvements
IMAP Push Refugee
I’ve been salty about the lack of push support in IMAP on Gmail for as long as it’s been an issue. A problem that only seems to exist to purposefully punish iOS users not using G apps so they can get all their juicy metrics on use. Being that G apps on iOS have been a second class citizen for the last few years I was surprised by the quality and use-ability of Inbox! I still wish we had true native email push from Gmail on iOS, but I’ll settle for a native-like app that is actually nearly and in some cases better than the desktop web interface!
Some day, some enterprising engineer is going to figure out how to fix that little ‘problem’ of not following all the IMAP standards, enabling native push on iOS without angering a product managers god metric on users. I’m convinced it’s purely strategic and non-technical why that gap was never fixed after they booted everyone off exchange compatible mail sync without an enterprise apps plan.
Really good, but needs an easier delete function
I really like Inbox. The bundling function is great even though the algorithm needs improvement, but it's not that bad (plus if you take 30 seconds and create a rule against certain emails being bundled where they don't belong and a rule to bundle them elsewhere then the problem is solved).
I like the snooze feature a lot, it made me cognizant of how I structure checking email into my day and I've become more efficient as a result. I would like the snooze to be a little more custom friendly, as my free time varies by day.
The only real issue is I can't find the delete button. I'm an obsessive email cleaner. Once I no longer need an email, like a promotion or a website newsletter, it's gone. If they added an easy to use delete button into the swiping function or a delete button in the trash I would use Inbox until the end of time.
Finally my sock drawer is organized!!
After running out of room on my Google drive again, I thought I would give this new app a try. Not only do I have pairs for all my socks, but there are lovely places for each of them, and I can find things. I am delighted!
I am able to sort my clients emails efficiently, and have reminders on the top of my day. It also is easy to see pictures without needing to open each individually--I can glance at them.
I noticed this morning that Google on my computer is also formatted this way for easy synchronization between my iPhone, my iPad, and my laptop. It's still early in the game for this app, although I'm quite encouraged by what I see.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Sep 11, 2017
- Version: 1.3.170827
- Size: 195 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Basque, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © 2017, Google Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.