Your email inbox should help you live and work better, but instead it often buries the important stuff and creates more stress than it relieves. Inbox, built by the Gmail team, keeps things organized and helps you get back to what matters.
• HIGHLIGHTS - Get the most important information without even opening the message. Check-in for flights, see shipping information for purchases, and view photos from friends right up front.
• BUNDLES - Similar messages are bundled together so you can deal with them all at once. And get rid of them with one swipe.
• REMINDERS - More than mail, you can add Reminders so your inbox contains all the things you need to get back to.
• SNOOZE - Snooze emails and Reminders to come back when you are ready to deal with them: next week, when you get home, or whenever you choose.
• SEARCH - Inbox helps you find exactly what you’re looking for— from your upcoming flight to a friend's address— without having to dig through messages.
• WORKS WITH GMAIL - Inbox is built by the Gmail team, so all your messages from Gmail are here, along with the reliability and spam protection of Gmail. All of your messages are still in Gmail and always will be.
This release brings enhancements that help you get more out of your inbox:
• Now optimized for iPhone XR devices
Ratings and Reviews
For the love of millions, please optimize for iPhone X
Since the launch of the iPhone X, Inbox by GMail has received multiple updates improving app performance and fixing various bugs. I really appreciate the attention given to refining the UX as much as possible for a buttery smooth interface and overall app dynamics. It's my go-to email app on my iPhone X, period. I have tried many email clients for iOS (and this includes the regular GMail app) but never felt like my experience was amplified by any of those. Inbox by GMail is perhaps the only email app that, since the first time I used it (on my iPhone 6 Plus when Google launched the app), floored me in terms of its UI (and UX); dwarfing any measly expectations I had from any email client out there and what the possibilities could indeed be.
However, it's been over a month since the iPhone X went live and even though there have been regular update releases week-over-week, it sadly feels as if my experience is handicapped now and every time I use the app, I'm left longing for how immersive Inbox by GMail could possibly be and how the UX could be that much richer.
I'm a huge fan of this app and I use it on several occasions during any given day. I enjoy using it so much that I would've given it a 5-star rating if I were using any other iPhone but I'm disappointed enough to only rate it 3 stars. I hope this issue gets the attention it needs because it truly does deserve it.
5 Star App w/1 Star Support
UPDATE: Look....Google, if I take back all the bad things I said about your support of iPhone X will you PLEASE not kill off Inbox. For those that don't know Google plans to transition everyone back to Gmail. This is a HORRIBLE idea! Yes you've added some features from Inbox to Gmail but that does NOT make them equivalent. C'mon guys Inbox is leading edge and innovative. Gmail is stodgy and good for luddites.
I'd pay for this app and even consider a subscription to keep it going. However you guys gotta bring back location based reminders! What genius over there decided removing functionality was a good idea? How great to get the email to appear at either the right time or the right place.
OLD: Seriously Google why does it take so long to properly support your app? It's going on 3+ months and STILL no iPhone X support! Google and the Inbox team had the same slow support from initial launch to an iPad supported app. It's frustrating because the actual app and the features are so amazing and helpful to get your particular set of to-do's done. I'll happily re-write this to a 5 Star once you support the app and all the phone/tablet combinations fully and consistently. PLEASE!
This app has changed my life :-)
App update: Ever since the latest update, inbox prompts me as to whether to open email links in Safari or download the google chrome app every time i have a link in my email even though I turn off the “ask me every time” button. It is driving me insane. Please fix this google!!!
Love this app. I literally was about to ditch gmail because I hated the gmail app and the way gmail works in the native iOS mail app. I accidentally found out about this inbox app while reading a review about the new iOS 10. This app works like mail should. I love the bundling and I love how the links, pictures, and receipts within emails are visible. I have half the number of clicks as I use to and now I can find which email I'm looking for without opening each one. It is easier to delete things too. I do have two requests: 1. Give me an easy way to mark a message as "read" without opening it. 2. Give me a easy way to review my "unread" messages. The reason I give it 4 stars instead of 5 is because for some reason the badge icon never changes from the number 2 no matter how many unread messages there are. Goofy! I finally turned off the badge icon. Overall, i will never go back to regular gmail and I am using the inbox by gmail interface on my computer also!
- Google LLC
- 241.7 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Basque, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Google LLC
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.