SignalSpy - Audio Oscilloscope, Frequency Spectrum Analyzer, and more
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
SignalSpy is a suite of powerful tools that let you analyze audio signals. Included are an oscilloscope, a spectrum analyzer, level indicator and spectrogram.
All tools are built for extreme accuracy and thus can be used in studio applications. Many of the tools are configurable to adapt them to your needs.
- Four highly accurate audio signal analyzers.
- The oscilloscope can be synchronized to your waveform using a trigger level.
- Frequency scale configurable between logarithmic and linear.
- Very fast screen updating giving you a true real-time display.
What's New in Version 1.1
This version brings some important bug fixes and improvements:
- A completely rewritten rendering engine with greatly improved performance. Now you can open a lot of analyser windows next to each other without a drop in frame rate.
- Improved appearance of the oscilloscope and spectrum analyser on Retina displays.
- We fixed a crash caused by some higher end audio devices having a default sample rate that is not 44.1 KHz.
Lousy company, lousy scope
Until they spend time fixing this app, avoid it eveb though it is very nice to have scope software on a Mac at low cost. It just doesn’t work for the treble audio band because it simply won’t scan fast enough, a shortcoming that renders is close to valueless for any audio work. Wholly wacko system of synching to signals bearing no relationship to what hardware scopes do - it grabs a moment and show it. It is not able to run along in real time, like other scope programs do and lousy rudimentary synching. Poor, crude, and noisy graphics using a black background when plain old black lines on white background is vastly easier on the eyeballs. Developer does ot reply to inquiries. Apple shoud definitely remove this poor app from the store.
Can’t recognize pro interface
I want to like this app - the graphics quality and response time seem really good. But it crashes as soon as it tries to use my BlackMagic Mini Recorder, which is the simplest interface available to ingest HD-SDI video. Practically any other sound-related app can see this audio with no problem. This would be a great tool for quality-checking imbedded audio, but if all it can use is the built-in mic, that isn’t much use. The developers never responded to my inquiry about this, and their website doesn’t exactly inspire confidence. Please, fix this bug so I can leave you an updated higher rating!
Works great and very fast spectrogram
This app is working great for me as a real time spectrogram visualization. Very smooth, much better than the spectrogram than audacity, which is obviously implemented in a much less efficient manner. As for the accuracy concern of other reviews, I’m not sure why I don’t seem to have that issue.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Sep 16, 2014
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 1.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Codelle
- © 2014 Codelle
Compatibility: OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor