Trails · Outdoor GPS Logbook
By iosphere GmbH
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Record all your outdoor activities be it hiking, jogging, cycling, or canoeing, and observe real-time statistics on your Apple Watch.
Trails records and displays your geo coordinates along with comprehensive statistics including duration, distance, altitude, ascent/descent, speed, pace, step count (iPhone 5S and newer), and many more. Capture photos, mark waypoints and create segments along your path to complete your recording. No login required, no automatic uploads or data sharing, no ads!
Import tracks from GPX files, let Trails guide you along imported or self-recorded tracks and see your progress along the way. Topographic maps display elevation lines, ski slopes, lifts, and other relevant landscape information. Get Trails Pro to unlock imports, routing, offline topographic maps, and more.
◉ Your Logbook
• Dashboard: View and filter activity summaries across multiple tracks
• Tags: Organize and filter your tracks
• Track analysis: Compare any two graphable statistics in zoomable, interactive graphs
• Heatmaps: Spot peaks at a glance
• Editing: Split and cut segments, insert waypoints
◉ Apple Watch Support
• Start and stop recordings, see live statistics, track your active energy & heart rate
• Apple Watch Series 2: Record GPS tracks without your phone
◉ Tightly Integrated
• Health & Activity app: Save track summaries to your Health database
• Today Widget: Start/stop recordings & see live statistics
• Siri: Start, stop, and resume recordings
• Spotlight (system search): Find existing tracks, waypoints and photos, or start recording from Spotlight
• 3D Touch on the homescreen: Access your last track or start recording immediately
• Bluetooth accessories: Pair external heart rate monitors and bike computers (cycling speed & cadence)
◉ Privacy-Focussed Sharing
• Wi-Fi sharing: View your tracks on a bigger screen without uploading them to the internet
• Export: Share tracks as GPX files, upload them directly to supported services, or create a weblink via Trails.io (see https://trails.io/s/2xal4g/ for an example)
• No login required, no automatic uploads or data sharing, no ads
◉ Trails Pro Features
• GPX file import via AirDrop, email attachment, weblink, or file provider extension (e.g., iCloud Drive or Dropbox)
• Offline topographic maps in various styles (powered by the OpenStreetMap community)
• Routing: Follow a track or a set of waypoints
• Unlimited recordings: Record as many tracks as your device can store
• Alerts: Audible alerts remind you in configurable intervals and read out one or more statistics
You can try out all other features and keep up to five tracks without Trails Pro. Record more tracks by deleting older recordings.
Trails Pro is available as a 3, 6, or 12 month subscription via in-app purchase. The subscription is non-recurring: It will end automatically after 3, 6, or 12 months respectively. No automatic re-billing, no hidden fees.
If you have any question about Trails, please don't hesitate to ask us! (email@example.com)
Trails supports recording your location in the background. Please understand that continued use of location services can decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 4.01
• Introducing Trails Vector Maps, an entirely new map style based on OpenStreetMap data: Trails Vector Maps can be downloaded for offline usage, support various display options (including topographic information), and improve readability compared to the previous OpenStreetMap-based map styles. Trails Vector Maps require Trails Pro.
• Fixed issue when importing large GPX files
• Updated web viewer (Trails.io & WiFi sharing) for improved statistics display
If you enjoy Trails and would like to support our continued development efforts, please consider leaving a rating or review on the App Store. If you have any question regarding Trails, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Does not work with Apple Watch 3 GPS
I just spent four days in Zion Park hiking and was excited to use the app. Do not download or use this app. The mileage and elevation tracking are grossly off. For a 7-mike hike, the app recorded 20.8 miles! For 1,400 feet in elevation gain, it recorded 2,800 feet in gain. I contacted Trails support, sent both days worth of tracking data from their app and they simply said they cannot resolve and told me to request a refund from the Apple App Store. I wrote this I hoped that it might save someone the trouble I just went through as well as the disappointment of not being able to track a few epic hikes.
UPDATE: Trails responded to my reviewing claiming I did erratic zig zagging causing the error. Any person who hikes inclines at altitude knows this is the norm - they’re called switchbacks. If an app cannot track someone cl moving switchbacks then it should never claim to be a Trails app.
Absolutely THE BEST tracking app
I rarely write reviews but I love this app. It works perfectly for what I do (hiking and kayaking). I love the features! I can map, the stats are awesome, I can take a picture and see exactly where on the map it was taken, it auto turns off when I get back to where I started so I don’t end up recording my ride home, etc, etc. I bought the pro version because it’s worth it and soooo reasonable compared to the other expensive pro versions of other trail apps. This is THE BEST mapping app for keeping track of your outdoor activities!
As of October 30 2017 still no heart rate info. When I go to activity on iPhone the app states heart rate info was not captured. When I check the Trails app on my watch and go to stats heart rate is activated. Still no response from developer either. If this is a pro feature then they should state up front. I can’t seem to find this info in their advertisement on the App Store. I’m using iPhone 7plus and on Apple Watch Series 2.
I really want to like this app. I can't however because it does not work as advertised. Many glitches such as creating new trail despite same trail already recorded. Also, and this is huge for me, I have an Apple Watch and when I do a trail run or walk, the app never ever sends workouts to the health app despite that I have all activity from Trails activated in the health app.
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Oct 27, 2017
- Version: 4.01
- Size: 76.3 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, German, Kölsch, Spanish
- Seller: iosphere GmbH
- © 2014 iosphere GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Trails Pro for one year$4.99
- Trails Pro for 3 months$1.99
- Trails Pro for 6 months$2.99