The completely redesigned UCSF Mobile is the official UCSF app and puts campus information at your fingertips. Newly redesigned and improved, it features location-awareness and real-time information so you can see what’s open around you and estimated travel time. UCSF Mobile is also integrated with the UCSF calendar and news. New features include:
• Predicts shuttle arrival & travel times and integrates with NextBus
• Set shuttle alerts 5 minutes ahead
• Integration with Google & Apple maps
• Walking & driving directions from your location
• Allows notifications of content updates, features, & news
• Access to UCSF Directory & important resources
• Bookmark features lets you save and review info later
• More map details: address, phone number, websites, business hours for UCSF services including food, fitness, more
• Multiple UCSF Facebook & Twitter feeds
• Detailed food and shopping info at Parnassus, Mission Bay, and other locations
• Expanded universal search of main campus buildings, departments, & services
• Includes important UCSF numbers
Download the new UCSF app, that provides you with a completely revamped mobile experience. Our new design has enhanced features to make navigation and access to info much easier, including ability to search and find UCSF social feeds, receive push notifications, walking & driving directions using Google or Apple maps, and real-time campus business hours for various retailers and services, and real-time shuttle arrival times.
Ratings and Reviews
App almost useless; shuttles sub-par
The previous review by faculty member trying to use shuttle reflects my sentiments exactly. They gave 1 star. I gave 2 stars because most of the time the regular shuttle schedules show up on the app.
Today even that would not load. And the “shuttle live” hasn’t worked in months!
Finally, timeliness of shuttles and quality of drivers is highly variable, and often sub-par.
Nothing works. Trip planner is never available, shuttle routes are never available. As faculty trying to see patients and get from one location to the other, this app not only refrains from assisting, it actually forces em to incur additional transportation costs and I am LATE to wherever I need to go.
Poor GUI, incomplete implementation
The details of this app should be finished before it is released. The use of icons is not clear. What does the suitcase icon mean? What does water lily icon mean? Half the icons are not obvious, therefore to use them you have to learn by clicking. What’s wrong with a dropdown menu with text descriptions? What do all the different colors mean? Does a red square denote something different from a yellow one? If not, why have all these garish colors? What does the bicycle symbol mean, or the shirt symbol. Lots of other problems: e.g. ** Cannot book fitness classes through app. ** What does “Full Service” mean for the banks? They appear to ATMs only, and some only dispense cash (and don’t take check deposits, so not even ‘full service’ ATM). ** Scoot is listed as being on campus — it is not.
- University of California at San Francisco
- 3.9 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2017 University of California, San Francisco
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.