ElliottGarage presents EGDR909, a drum machine that emulates the vintage hardware from the 80's with all the facilities of modern software.
Its realistic and clear interface recalls the analog machine from the past, for all the vintage fanatics.
You can play with the groove presets included or you can create your own beat to play along your favorite song via InterApp, Audiobus, Core MIDI and clock MIDI.
You can also share your drum patterns with iTunes filse sharing or Audio Copy.
- Interface like the real drum machine from the 80's
- 16 steps sequencer, with variable lenght
- 48 programmable rythm patterns
- Save the pattern you've created and play your songs
- Manual Play, Pattern Write and Pattern Clear mode
- Drumkit pieces parameters control (tuning, decay and snappy)
- Song Mode page (swipe to left to open) with loop option
- Swing and tap tempo
- Quick Edit mode
- Core MIDI & clock MIDI (network session, external controller, inter app midi)
- Audiobus support
- Ableton Link support
- Interapp Instrument
- Export with iTunes, mail or Audio Copy
- AU3 support
Check the videos on http://www.youtube.com/ElliottGarage
- Fix quick view on iPhone
- Fix visualization on iPad Pro 12.9
- Fix volume issue on iPhone
- AU3 with full parameters automation and transport sync with host
- Audiobus 3
- Ableton Link 3.0 support
- Added ‘Open in’ for recordings
Ratings and Reviews
Missing about 1/3 of the unit (updated)
I was really hoping that the low review from the other party was just a fluke however I just purchased this wanting to have something like an old 909 and I find that the right third of the machine is not showing any buttons on my iPhone 6. Not happy with this at all however I am curious if the developer can fix this. If not, I just wasted $3.99. If the developer contacts me I can fix this, I’ll look at changing the rating.
Update: I’ve been playing around with this app and got it working to I could actually see what I could do and I was very impressed. I was still having problems however the developer responded and is aware of the issues and looking at getting them all fixed. That being said, I find this a great little app to re-create that 909 sound. I thank the developer for responding and listening to the reviews and working on improving the app.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for reporting the issue. I've found that the app don't load correctly the interface if launched in portrait mode, but it needs to be started with the phone already in landscape mode. I'm gonna fix it in the next update.
Awful and unreliable
For the price it sounds decent, not great, but passable. Use with Audiobus to send through some effects and EQ and it starts to sound good.
However, the EG apps all suffer from the same problem. They are programmed by a lazy moron. The knobs are too small and fiddly, they are so sensitive it’s hard to get an accurate setting, the UI overall is clumsy and does things when you don’t want it to (like slide out an overlay or enter a different mode). I have 3 of the EG drum machines and they’re all the same. Should be called Elliott Garbage, because that’s what they are. They’re cheap so at least it’s not a huge wasted investment. But the time taken to learn them is.
Trying to integrate with a larger Audiobus driven system, it’s painful. The drums don’t respond to clock or transport commands very well or reliably. So getting tempo sync is almost impossible. Yes the 909 supports Link, so that can help tempo.
There surely better out there. Don’t waste your time and energy
Developer Response ,
Hi and thanks for your feedback. I'm updating all my drum machines to support AU3 standard and I'd like to have more info from you. Could you please write me at firstname.lastname@example.org?
Broken Buttons missing do not buy
Buttons are missing and save setting buttons do not work. Reinstalled same result. Conclusion broken do not buy.
Developer Response ,
Hi, could you tell me what device and iOS version give you the issue? Thanks
- andrea angelini
- 97.8 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPod touch (6th generation).
- English, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © @2014 ElliottGarage inc
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.