This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Say more with GIF Keyboard by Tenor. Add tone to your conversation.
With Tenor’s GIF Keyboard for iPhone, iPad and iMessage discover or create the right GIF or video to visually sum up exactly what you’re trying to say, directly from your keyboard. Express the emotion, inside joke, or clever response you want to share.
iMessage App Features:
- Get the same great browse and search experience as GIF Keyboard, including access to your favorites and uploads.
- Press and hold on any GIF to create a sticker that you can drag and drop onto any text, image or GIF in iMessage.
- Create your own GIFs with your front or back camera and personalize them with text, a handwritten note or drawings. Share instantly or save to a Pack.
- Create packs of your favorite stickers and GIFs that you can easily share with friends and family.
Syncs with GIF Keyboard
- Everything syncs to your Tenor GIF Keyboard so you can take your stickers and GIFs everywhere GIFs are supported.
GIF Keyboard Features:
- Send the right GIF or video to express exactly what’s on your mind, directly from your keyboard!
- Search Tenor’s millions of GIFs and videos to find the one that perfectly fits the moment. You can also search by emoji to see the GIFs related to that emoji..
- Need inspiration? Browse by category like reactions, trending topics, and more.
- Once you find the right GIF or video, simply tap it to automatically copy it to your clipboard, tap the iMessage text box to paste it and watch as it plays inline in your conversation.
- See a GIF you like while browsing on your phone? Save it directly to your GIF Keyboard from Safari with the share button and our share extension. No need to save it to your camera roll because it’s instantly available from your GIF Keyboard!
- Keep the GIFs you love handy -- double tap a GIF to favorite it and customize your GIF Keyboard.
- Works with your favorite messengers and social networks including iMessage, Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, Facebook and email. Just long-press on a GIF to pull up options to share the GIF, video, link, or save to camera roll.
Tenor’s GIF Keyboard needs “full access” in your iPhone settings. This gives the GIF Keyboard full access to the internet so we’re able to give you the GIF you are searching for and ensure that our library is always updated with the latest and greatest GIFs and videos.
Note: We do not log keystrokes or send them to our servers other than to search by key terms for the perfect GIF. If you have any other questions about full access please email us at email@example.com.
Tenor was formerly known as Riffsy.
What's New in Version 4.2
We've overhauled Tenor's GIF Keyboard iMessage app for iOS 11.
* Your iMessage GIF Keyboard is much faster, more reliable, and now supports HD GIFs
* Captioning is available in your Tenor iMessage app, along with easier favoriting and sticker creation
* Fast access to your profile, uploads, and favorites within your Tenor iMessage app
* Better GIF search, making finding the perfect GIF even easier
Finally, in iOS 11, Tenor is always one-tap away at the bottom of every iMessage conversation. Drag the blue Tenor "GIF" icon to the left side of your iMessage tray so it's always available.
Don’t like the update
I don’t ever write reviews unless it’s to this point. I LOVED this app and put many people into it......BUT this update with the iOS 11 is TRASH!!! The app still does what it needs to do but crashes a lot more on me now BUT that’s not really my complaint because I’m sure that can be fixed. I HATE THE WAY IT LOOKS NOW! The white background doesn’t make me feel special by using THIS keyboard vs what apple offers. I don’t see the option for the font change anymore. The GIF doesn’t just go away after you select it and paste it so it’s annoying to have to hit the X button to back out. Again it crashes after I hit that X button so I have to find what next GIF I had my mind set on. Overall I hope that the developers do take time to read this feedback and care enough that little ol me wants to see a change. I’m asking for a option to set the background back to black and for my GIF to just go away again after I copy and paste it so I can seamlessly use multiple GIFs. GIFs are all I like to use and I’d love to give this app the love that it deserves but PLEASE make changes. Also the record feature is pretty nice! I’m only giving one star in hopes of getting someone’s attention. ☹️
GIF App changes wud get more Stars
(2) of my friends recommended this App. (1) has an iPhone & the other a Samsung. They loved it.
I've been using this for about (6) weeks and have a pretty good idea of how it works now. It's great if you want a single GIF at a time but if there are (2) or more in same section you either have to save them to your favorites right then or go back & search thru the whole list again.
Also, maybe it's just me but when I add captions, but all the words don't always show up. I was told it use to word wrap & you had font/font color/font placement options. I haven't seen any of that. Those would be really nice to have.
It would be great to be able to enlarge or shrink the GIF. Or even to create New GIF's within the app itself versus having to download a GIF Creator App in addition to this one.
Creators/Programmers of this App will hopefully begin to make some adjustments for the better of it's user experience. Plus, please make it IOS 11 compatible or you might end up losing a lot of us because of "bugs"! I would definitely upgrade my Star Rating if even just a couple of changes for the better are made.
This was the first and only app I downloaded for gifs. It’s been alright since I’ve had it for maybe 2 years or so. It would freeze every now and then, but it was tolerable. With the recent update to accommodate IOS 11, it freezes on me constantly (Yes, everything is updated). Every time I try to copy a gif to my keyboard this occurs. As you could imagine, or as you may already be aware, this is pretty frustrating. Hopefully it’s just a small glitch they’ll have worked out soon. Or maybe it’s because my 6S SO is unable to handle it, but I highly doubt that. I hardly write reviews, and I’m sure this is a bug that’ll be worked out soon enough, but as a man who likes to use gifs as a frequent means of communication, I’m already weary of this bug.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Sep 19, 2017
- Version: 4.2
- Size: 80.4 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Danish, Dutch, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Tenor, Inc.
- © 2017 Tenor
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.