Translate and learn millions of words and expressions and express yourself as if you were a native speaker.
Reverso is the best tool for those who seek quality translation, looking to master a foreign language: reading, writing or speaking, and it's free.
Students, teachers, business professionals or others, whether beginners or advanced, use Reverso to learn new words or expressions, and eliminate the risk of being mistaken.
It provides you instant translations of the selected text when reading content on your browser, on Safari or any other app.
Reverso Context is based on data gathered from millions of real-life texts (official documents, movie subtitles, product descriptions) in both languages. Theses texts are processed with powerful "big data" algorithms and machine learning to provide you the best results.
What do we mean by context? The search results (translation) of a specific word or expression are weaved within real-life sentences, so you will be sure to understand and learn exactly how the word can be used, and make no embarrassing mistakes.
Just type or say the word or expression you wish to translate and the results will appear instantly: relevant translations, presented with examples of how words are used in sentences.
The app offers flashcards and quizzes based on your search history and favorites to help you memorize them and to improve your language skills. Unlike standard learning tools, it focuses on words and expressions that you really need and want to learn.
The bits and bytes:
* Instantly translate selected text when reading content on your browser, iBook or any other app, with no need to exit the app you are using click the familiar "Share" option and select the Reverso option
* Translation in 12 languages: Spanish, French, Italian, English, Portuguese, German, Polish, Dutch, Arabic, Russian, Romanian and Hebrew, and we are working on more.
* Advanced features include pronunciation, history, phrasebook of your favorites and more.
* Create vocabulary lists based on your personal selection of examples and translations. Lists remain available even when you’re offline.
* Enjoy natural pronunciation of complete example sentences.
* One click to get translations, frequency details, and conjugation when applicable.
* Search history, also available offline.
* Suggestions: words and expressions will be suggested to you as you type.
* Share your findings via email or social media.
Auto-renewable subscription terms:
Choose a subscription that fits your needs:
- Monthly subscription (with a 7-day free trial) for €2.99 EUR;
- Annual subscription for €14.99 EUR;
These prices corresponds to the same price tier that "Apple's App Store Matrix" determines in other currencies.
-Your free trial subscription will automatically renew to a paid subscription unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the free trial period.
-Any unused portion of a free trial period (if offered) will be forfeited when a premium subscription is purchased during the free trial period.
The free trial or the subscription can be canceled anytime by turning off auto-renewal in the iTunes account settings. This must be done 24 hours before the end of a free trial or subscription period to avoid being charged. The cancellation will take effect the day after the last day of the current subscription period, and you will be downgraded to the free version.
* Join us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Reverso.net and follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.reverso.net/ReversoEN to discover new content, languages and features.
* Visit our website: http://context.reverso.net/
- Siri shortcuts : activate the app and launch translations through Siri
- Synonyms and definitions : see synonyms and definitions in several languages
- Learn new words and expressions with various exercises and games, even when offline
- Discover even more words and expressions through an integrated thesaurus. Navigate between translations and synonyms seamlessly.
- Integrated conjugation module in 7 languages (and more to come) available for all forms of verbs in source and translation languages.
- Improved performance and UX : faster responses, nicer graphics, and extended content.
- Choose your learning strategy based on SRS (spaced repetition system), and tailored to your preferences.
Ratings and Reviews
Useful in Russia
There are a lot of mistakes in the translations. So if you don’t know Russian doesn’t help in every situation. This is a great app for an intermediate or advanced user however. I’m also noticing that Google translate is much slower here in Moscow and this app is very quick. I love the idea of presenting example sentences. It is absolutely essential to learning. This app has great ideas and I’ve been waiting for something like it for a long time. I’ve already submitted at least a dozen small changes and fixes to the translations. That’s an awesome advantage of this app. It does still need some work however.
Learn & Practice sections don’t work
For the life of me I can’t understand what’s going on in the “Practice” and “Learn” areas of the app. Sentences and words flash across the screen but there is no clear objective to why. A small explanation popping up would be helpful. Also, if you press the microphone button in those areas it doesn’t speak the translation or takes forever to do so. I have no idea how I’m supposed to practice or learn anything without bare words on a screen. I can read a Spanish newspaper if I wanted that. Otherwise the search feature and examples section are pretty great.
Good app with serious problem
I keep getting a prompt to buy reverse so premium however when I try to do it I get the message that in app purchases are not permitted. Then when I go to the App Store, and try to purchase the premium addition, I get thrown back to the app itself with the same message. If you really want to sell the premium version, you need to fix this problem. It has been going on for months and I thought it would be fixed by now. Since it hasn’t, I am writing this review. I certainly hope someone reads them.
- Theo Hoffenberg
- 107.2 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2015 Reverso-Softissimo
- In-App Purchases
- Premium version $2.99
- Premium version $19.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.