codeSpark Academy with The Foos - coding for kids
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
codeSpark Academy with The Foos is the #1 learn to code program for kids 4-9! This award-winning app has been downloaded and played by over 4 million kids in 201 countries.
codeSpark Academy teaches the basics of computer programming through a variety of interactive learning activities including puzzles, games, step-by-step creative projects, game design and offline printables – all of which can be monitored by parents.
“My 5 year old does not want to stop playing this. He caught on very quickly!”
“My daughters are 6 and 8 and this is their new favorite game. Now they want to be programmers!”
* Kids learn key programming concepts and use them to code their own projects in Foo Studio.
* Personalized daily activities based on your child’s progress.
* Curriculum developed based on collaboration with and research from MIT, Princeton and Carnegie Mellon.
* Word-free. Anyone, anywhere can play.
* Perfect for pre-readers, ELL students and kids with reading and focus-related challenges.
* Supports 3 individual child profiles.
* No collection of your child’s private data.
* No advertising or micro-transactions
* No written communication between players or external parties.
* No commitments or hassles and you can cancel at any time.
PRESS & AWARDS:
codeSpark teaches basic computer programming skills — "the ABCs of coding"— with no reading necessary - NPR
"[codeSpark Academy] is easy to learn, full of playful characters and it's easy to experiment." - Children's Technology Review
"Most appealing to me as a parent was seeing how my children enjoyed working together on the puzzles" - Parents' Choice Awards
*** 2016 American Association of School Librarians - Best Apps for Teaching and Learning
*** 2016 Kidscreen Awards - Best Learning App for Kids ***
*** 2016 KAPi Awards – Best App or Product for Younger Children ***
*** 2015 Parents’ Choice — Gold Medal ***
*** Apple Editor’s Choice & Top Educational App ***
codeSpark Academy is inspired by visual programming languages such as Scratch from MIT, Alice from Carnegie Mellon University and other ‘beginner’ programming languages like Logo, SmallTalk, and Squeak.
Our word-free interface allows anyone, anywhere to play. They’ll master core computer science concepts such as pattern recognition, problem solving, sequencing, algorithmic thinking, debugging, loops and conditionals.
Our creative space Foo Studio allows kids to put programming concepts to work by making video games and programming interactive stories. Creations can then be played and remixed by other coders around the globe.
To be successful, kids must:
* Determine the actions needed to solve each Foo’s problem
* Order actions in a logical sequence
* Recognize patterns
* Use those patterns to make their code more efficient
* Test solutions
* Learn from tests and try revised solutions
DOWNLOAD AND SUBSCRIPTION:
* Download and try for free. Trial offers the full codeSpark Academy experience for a limited time
* After the trial expires, subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
* Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase
* Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours prior to renewal
* Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, is forfeited when the user purchases a subscription
codeSpark Academy is FREE for teachers, librarians, and verified non-profit educational institutions. codeSpark Academy was voted top choice by teachers and librarians for introducing computer science in elementary schools. Additionally our FREE teacher dashboard allows educators to track student progress and turn on and off parts of the app.
codeSpark is delivering computer science education to kids in over 200 countries by turning programming into play.
What's New in Version 2.04.00
Fooville got some new updates!
- 12 new Foo Pets
- 2 new Game Kits
- Register for a parent or teacher account using your email address - no need for a separate username anymore
- Bug fixes and optimizations
If you encounter any problems, email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’re enjoying the new updates, please leave us a review.
We're bummed! My boys asked me to download the app ages ago when it was free. Then we had to update and now are being charged $7.99 a month. This really isn't fair to my kids (who are loving their coding). I asked them if they wanted to pay for it using their allowance. They would like to, but that would take all of their cash. And we don't have the extra money to spend each month. If it were half this price, I may reconsider. But for now, we have to cancel. Fortunately, we have other coding games/robots that we received for Christmas. I just see this as a different set of skills that are being developed and would love to keep it.
Great first coding app
My boys, who are 3 and 5, really enjoy playing this app. It's always the first one they pull up. Granted, my 3 year old doesn't quite get it as well as my 5 year old, he can still play it and get the beginning concepts of coding. Our school uses this app so it's fun for my 5 year old to play it at home as well as school. Thanks for making coding fun for kids!
Good app, but TOO EXPENSIVE
This is a good entry-level app for coding. Although it has a limited set of instructions, kids can really create games and enjoy coding. I'd recommend it, but it is too expensive!. I know devs need to be payed well and you need to make some profit for investors, but a 7.99/m is too high for most people. Either you are too greedy/naive or there isn't too many users (and it would be less and less). So you can do smart things, like avoiding pay 30% to Apple/Google by accepting subscription in your website and allowing users to login on any of those platforms.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Dec 12, 2016
- Version: 2.04.00
- Size: 141 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: codeSpark, Inc
- © 2016 codeSpark, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- codeSpark Academy Enrollment$7.99
- codeSpark Academy Enrollment$3.99
- codeSpark Academy Enrollment$39.99
- codeSpark Academy Enrollment$59.99
- Subscribe to codeSpark Academy$29.99
- Subscribe to codeSpark Academy$79.99
- codeSpark Academy Enrollment$89.99
- codeSpark Academy Enrollment$119.99