Plag — Information Network
By Deep Sea Marketing S.A.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Plag is an essentially different way to spread information.
The idea for Plag is to create a perfect medium for spreading information as wide as it deserves to be spread, without any boundaries.
Plag works like a virus. When you spread information, it goes to the users who are closest to you physically. The infected users can spread information exponentially further or they can resist the epidemic by keeping the information to themselves.
Everyone has a fair and equal chance to be heard by the whole network right from the start - there is no friending or following on Plag. If your information is interesting to people, it can eventually spread to the entire world.
What's New in Version 1.9.5
BETTER COMMENTS WITH UPVOTES
You can upvote comments now. If there are enough votes, you will see the “Most upvoted comments” section at the top. You can’t see other users upvotes, just yours.
-> Swipe comment to the right to upvote it
<- Swipe comment to the left to reply
x Tap on comment to get context actions (now with translate option)
BETTER AREA DESCRIPTION CARDS AND CURATION
Topical areas now have an archive of all posted cards.
- new interface
- now you can access the area management screen right from the card
- cards that need a curator's attention will be shown first
- you can see who made the curation decision at the bottom of the card
- ability to see user activity (if any) in your areas
- curated and joined areas sections combined into a single section
- you can see the areas you’ve joined or curating even when they're empty
- indication if there are any cards waiting for curation in your areas
- ability to send messages to other users now available to everyone
- typing indication
- ability to opt out of getting messages
- ability to block particular user in Talks
And one more thing – the badge on the app icon now shows the number of unread comments instead of the number of assigned cards.
Old bugs fixed, new bugs added. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Hotfix: Replying to a reply does not crash the app anymore.
The app is excellently designed for its advertised purpose. The problem stems from moderation abuse, and a lack of consistency when following their own guidelines. Plag claims to be an information an "information network", where you spread info/ideas of topics without fear of "manipulation" unlike "other social media". Unless the moderation team doesn't like the topic you're discussing, then you will be restricted, your cards censored, and if you keep discussing these forbidden topics, eventually banned.
Would not recommend for discussion of politics or anything of global importance.
I can definitely see this growing into a worldwide web of ideas of millions of people! There are some bugs to fix, like when the app just close if I try to edit cards that I already posted, but soon this will be big...
This app is awesome. Vast variety of great material on every topic imaginable. A lot of funny pics, gifs, videos, beautiful photos from around the world, inspirational wisdom, intellectual conversations. Ask questions, get answers and spread it all over the world
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Jul 17, 2016
- Version: 1.9.5
- Size: 48.4 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Lithuanian, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Turkish
- Seller: Deep Sea Marketing S.A.
- © PLAG Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.