Universal Piper - Bagpipe Lab
By Universal Piper
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Plug your electronic chanter or your midi keyboard to your iPad and step in the first Lab dedicated to bagpipe !
A lab to create your own bagpipes:
- Four accurately recorded bagpipes : chanters recorded note by note, drones recorded separately
- two GHB,
- a galician gaita,
- a uillean pipe in D
- Real drones starts,
- Complete access to volume, sound and tuning of each note of the chanter and drones to create your own bagpipe preset,
- Each instrument can be transposed plus/minus an octave,
- Switch to tempered tuning at any time,
A complete effect rig:
- Effects dedicated to bagpipe : a customizable second voice, a humanizer (simulation of bag pressure change), a valve noise,
- Classic effects including equalizer, reverberation and spreader (stereo image enhancement),
- Effects from the guitar world : delay, flanger and vibrato.
Each configuration can be saved and called back any time.
To steer those sound capabilities, Universal Piper integrates an advanced MIDI controller management for live performance:
- For electronic chanter, to make it short, select your chanter and fingering in the list and Universal Piper does the rest. Still, you can go further managing several type of chanters, modify notes using custom or predefined mode (mixolydian, dorian,…).
- A MIDI input is also dedicated to MIDI keyboard and other instrument (EWI, sax,…).
All effects and sound parameters can be managed through MIDI (Program Change, Control Change, Note ON/OFF, Pitchbend are supported).
Universal Piper - Bagpipe Lab also integrates a MIDI and BWW file reader including tempo and grace notes (only BWW) adjustment.
Finally, Universal Piper V3 registered users on PC and MAC can share their sounds and presets with your iPad application.
(*) : Universal Piper is compatible with most of the MIDI electronic chanters and fingering :
- Degerpipe : standard, extended,
- Degerpipe II : standard, extended,
- E-Pipe 15 : standard,
- Master Gaita : standard, asturian, french, GHB, galician, galician extended,
- OpenPipes : Bb3=MIDI 60,
- Redpipe : GHB standard, GHB minimal, GHB extended, France, gaita extended,
- Technopipe : GHB, asturian, galician closed, galician open, french half-closed,
- Trino : standard,
- Generic Midi Chanter : Bb3=MIDI 70
Still, if your chanter is not in the list, please contact us. Universal Piper is CoreMIDI compatible. An adapter, not included, such as iRig, MidiMobilizer, CameraKit, MIDI Puc, iodock, is required to plug your MIDI chanter or MIDI instruments.
Note : technochanter is not a MIDI chanter.
What's New in Version 1.1.1
Bug fix : reverb and delay now decays after midi input stops.
Bug fix : metronome plays without chanter or drones activity.
Trino configuration file finally added.