Photo Find points you to the location where a photo was taken.
Take photos of anything in the Camera app to mark a spot, and navigate back later.
Follow the arrow on foot, or see the photo's location on map.
Try the Widget: Copy a photo and quickly navigate if it has location information.
On a devices that supports AR, tap the AR Mode button to see the photo hover near where it was taken. Or, if you're far away, it will hover in the direction it was taken.
Use Photo Find to:
- Hike back to your favorite camping or hunting spot
- Find your car using a photo when you can't remember where you've parked
- Meet up with a friend based on a photo he or she sent you
- Take the long way — drive by direction instead of turn-by-turn
- Re-live memories in the context of your current surroundings
- Have a photo scavenger hunt with friends
How to use:
1) Open the app
2) Paste a photo from the clipboard or select one from your library
3) If the photo has location information, you will see an arrow pointing to the location where the photo was taken.
4) Go in the direction the arrow is pointing. The distance will count down as you approach your destination.
5) Tap the distance to open the photo location on a map or copy the coordinates.
Keep in mind this app only works with photos that have EXIF location data. Not all apps save location data with photos, and the Camera app will only save location data if you have granted it access to your location.
This app also relies on the accuracy of your device's GPS and compass sensors, as well as the accuracy of location and altitude data when the photo was taken. There can be significant error in all these measurements, so accuracy of the app is limited by these factors. The inaccuracies can be more apparent in AR Mode. Photo Find works best for navigating outdoors to photos that were taken outdoors with good GPS reception.
The compass will now use magnetic heading when true heading is not available. This fixes an issue where the compass would appear unresponsive when true heading was not available. (Thanks for making me aware of this issue, Brendan C!)
Ratings and Reviews
Great app!! Saved me from my own stupidity
I just dropped my car off at the airport for a Turo renter. I took pictures of the car and I sent the renter a message giving the combination to the key vault. However I had forgotten to note the parking space and didn't realize it until I was back at the terminal. I did a Google search on how to find the location of a photo, found this app, downloaded it, and found my car very fast and accurately. I love this app. Great job!!
This app works great, lets you navigate to just about exactly where a photo was taken, within a foot or two. Useful for anything that won’t move after you take it’s picture, like cars, plants, or even your keys.
This is too fun. If you haven't downloaded it, you should click the download button. That way you'll get the app. And then you'll be happy.
- Ganotis Holdings, Inc.
- 10.6 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Ganotis Holdings, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Unlimited use pass for Feet and Miles units $4.99
- Become a Patron $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.