Steve Reich’s Clapping Music is a game that improves your rhythm by challenging you to play Steve Reich’s ground-breaking work – a piece of music performed entirely by clapping. Tap in time with the constantly shifting pattern, and progress through all of the variations. If you slip up or your accuracy falls too low, it’s game over.
“Maddeningly addictive” – The New York Times
“Might be the toughest rhythm action game since Rock Band.” – FACT
“Brilliant – and infuriatingly addictive” – The Guardian
“Clapping Music is Rock Band with better music (yeah, I said it)” – Kill Screen
• Improve your sense of rhythm by playing Clapping Music
• Play through three levels of difficulty – can you become good enough to perform?
• Hone your skills in Practice Mode
• Find out more about Steve Reich and his work with interviews and performance footage
• A stunning design and interface that changes colour as you progress through the piece
• Completely free with no in-app purchases
• Enter competitions for the chance to attend workshops and even perform the piece live
Steve Reich’s Clapping Music was conceived by the London Sinfonietta and realised in collaboration with Queen Mary University London and Amphio – creators of acclaimed music apps Beethoven’s 9th Symphony, The Orchestra and Juilliard Open Studios. It was supported by the Nesta’s Digital R&D Fund for the Arts, the Arts & Humanities Research Council and public funding by the National Lottery through Arts Council England.
Find out more about the app and its creators: clappingmusicapp.com
If you enjoy the app, don’t forget to rate it and leave a review.
Thanks for updating to 1.0.4. In this version, we fixed a crash on launching the app, which was experienced by a small number of users, as well as making a number of other small improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Adam Neely sent me
Haven’t tried the app yet. Hope it doesn’t crash
Adam Neely DIDNT Send me
I had this game downloaded a while ago. 4 stars because it's very frustrating and confusing at first
I tap right when I’m supposed to but it doesn’t register until .5 seconds after I tapped. I like the game. Plz fix
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.