By Blackboard Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Welcome to Blackboard's mobile solution that helps students stay informed, up-do-date and connected. This app includes Blackboard Collaborate with the Ultra experience - a synchronous web conferencing solution for high-quality virtual classes and meetings.
With the Blackboard app, you can:
• Quickly view updates to your courses and content
• Take assignments and tests
• View grades for courses, assignments and tests
• Participate in Collaborate sessions on the go
We love feedback! If you have any questions or comments use the in-app feedback to help improve the application.
Note: This application functions as a collaborative tool between our app software and your institution's Blackboard Learn server. Blackboard cannot guarantee that the content created by instructors or other users will be compatible with this app. Access must be enabled by your institution. Features and functionality may at times be limited if your institution has not updated the appropriate software or experiences server outages.
Downloading or using this app indicates consent to the terms and privacy information at http://www.blackboard.com/footer/terms-of-use.aspx.
What's New in Version 3.0
We listened to your feedback and made some big updates in this release:
- Tablet Support: The Blackboard app now provides an optimized experience no matter what type of device you use.
- Simplified Navigation: The new course overview screen makes it easy to get to course content, grades, announcements, and discussions.
- Faster Performance: We cleaned things up to make the app quicker, such as reducing some animations.
- New Discussion Indicator: See which posts are new in discussions.
I really appreciate the developers listening and making improvements! I will say that I’m biased and liked the way the original “Blackboard Learn” App felt and was laid out compared to this. This new app seems too cartoony for me. But maybe I’m just being picky. I’m not currently in a class as I’m on a break, but one of my favorite features from the old app was receiving notifications immediately whenever a grade was posted. If this feature has not been put on this update, adding that again that would be great. Notifications of responses for class discussions should be optional as well.
Strongly dislike the new Blackboard
I’ve been a user of the Mobile Learn app for years, but I was forced to download this one when I updated my phone to iOS 11. I don’t get notifications any more, so it’s more difficult to stay up to date with communication from my professors. When I went to the settings to add push notifications for announcements, it said that feature was “unavailable.”
I also dislike the design of this app and the way it’s organized. The description says this app is supposed to be easier to use, but it’s honestly more difficult.
Really Not All That Bad
I’m a freshman and this is my first time using Blackboard. There have been some days when it’s nearly impossible for me to connect on my phone, but I can get on just fine on my laptop so it wasn’t an issue. I love the design of the app, and it is faster now. It works for me. I prefer Google products and programs, but Blackboard works just fine.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Oct 10, 2017
- Version: 3.0
- Size: 228 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Maori, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese, Welsh
- Seller: Blackboard Inc.
- © Blackboard Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.