"Wonderful for the imagination" - AppAdvice
"If you haven't heard of Wunderverse, now is as good a time as ever to check it out." -- TouchArcade
Wunderverse is a place for endless adventure. Out here you can explore and create unlimited interactive adventure tales in a fun, new environment made for your imagination.
- A complete platform for interactive storytelling adventure on iOS and Mac
- Collect and explore adventures written and imagined by others
- Create your own absorbing, interactive adventures through a new form of storytelling
- Take advantage of a rich rules system with over 75 unique Events, Outcomes and Conditions, plus unlimited Skills, Abilities, and more for you to weave player chance and choice into every adventure you create.
- Imagine untold places, characters, and objects for players to discover through an open storytelling environment
- Share adventures with friends to explore
- Publish your adventures for everyone in the Wunderverse to play!
Wunderverse was designed as a way for anyone to play, create, and share exciting adventure tales with untold places to discover, characters to meet, mysteries to solve, and treasures to find.
No programming skills are needed to create and enjoy your own adventures in Wunderverse. Through a fun and versatile rules system and an open narrative environment you can set up endless obstacles and challenges for players to overcome as they explore your stories — all based on the actions players take, what they are carrying, their current conditions, their skills and abilities, random chance, and a myriad of other possibilities that make going on quests so much fun.
Currently, there are eight known worlds in the Wunderverse where exciting adventures can be created, shared and enjoyed. These include medieval times, ancient ruins, 40’s crime noir, a post-apocalyptic future, atomic space, a huge city, and more. And the Wunderverse is a big constellation! Diverse and interesting new worlds are bound to be discovered soon.
What are you waiting for!? Come explore in the Wunderverse!
Wunderverse includes lots of basic story editing tools for free. You can upgrade to the full set of story building tools with the Pro Tools upgrade subscription. Pro Tools subscriptions are for one year. Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Your subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when a purchase to the subscription is made, if applicable. You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal in Account Settings after purchase.
New Story Builder Features!
- You can now add tappable “hot spot” areas to your images that can have their own story Outcomes and Conditions. (Great for maps, “pick a card“ kind of things, etc.)
- New “Present a Choice” Outcome that lets you present a list of custom choices to your players. Each choice can have its own story Outcomes and Conditions
- Ability to track the number of moves a player makes, and change story outcomes based on that number
New Playing Features
- Players can now wear (put on) objects without having to take them first
- Players can now see the achievements they accomplished or did not accomplished when a game ends
- A new, easier to read CRT effect for the retro appearances (Eight Bit, Mainframe, Groo, and a new Frobose appearance)
- Fixed an issue with speakable items (conversations) not fitting on smaller phone screens
- Fixed an issue where skills, abilities and afflictions would loose there values if their names were changed
- Other minor fixes and enhancements
Ratings and Reviews
What Did You Do?
It was actually getting easy to use as I got the hang of it, it was a great game for me to play as a blind person with voiceover. But now, since you updated it, it's completely unusable for me! I was actually getting the hang of using it and had a really good game in progress, but now I'll NEVER be able to finish it unless you can somehow make the app accessible again. Please try at least, I enjoyed making games and want to do it again like everyone else.
Wunderverse is a slick collection of tools that makes creating text adventures easy. There’s an early learning curve but I figured out most issues by experimentation and just playing around with the program.
I look forward to seeing more adventures by other users. Huge potential for creative expression here!
Ok, I think the concept is great. I shared this app with many of my friends who grew up with text games and choose your own adventure books.
Everything about this app “looked” great except...
Unfortunately we were hoping to read/play a few adventures? Um.... we’re just suppose to wait to see “if” someone shares or work/write our own?
I’ll keep peeking back in but the cupboards empty???
Look for in-app announcements about new adventures. The first step was to get this new platform out so that writers could start creating. That has already begun. The first featured adventure is available now. Look for it in The Aftermath (from there, tap "More Adventure" -> "Find Adventure"). Make sure to upgrade to 5.0.5 first. There are also some fun member-made adventures starting to be shared with everyone, too. You will find they are putting a lot of great thought and creativity into them. Be sure to check those out. And it really is a lot of fun creating your own adventures, and sharing them with your friends to play. You might give it a try!
- Durable Brand Software LLC
- 57.8 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2018 Durable Brand Software LLC
- In-App Purchases
- The Pley $0.99
- Pro Tools Upgrade $5.99
- Out of Gas $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.