By Microsoft Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The official Microsoft Outlook app designed for iPhone and iPad.
Outlook is a free email app that helps you get more done from anywhere with one unified view of your email, calendar, contacts, and attachments. Outlook automatically surfaces your most important messages – across all your email accounts. Swipe to quickly delete, archive, or schedule messages you want to handle later. Easily view your calendar, share available times, and schedule meetings. And attach files from your email, OneDrive, or Dropbox with just a few taps.
Outlook works with Microsoft Exchange, Office 365, Outlook.com, iCloud, Gmail, and Yahoo Mail.
Why use Outlook?
Manage your inbox
• Outlook automatically triages your inbox for you, surfacing your most important email. Less relevant email is placed in your “Other” inbox.
• Swipe to quickly delete, archive, or schedule messages.
• Schedule emails and they will return to your inbox at a later time.
Your calendar built-in
• Switching between your email and calendar apps is a thing of the past. Outlook includes your calendar and notifies you with appointment reminders.
• Find available meeting times and share them in email or schedule a meeting.
Attachments made easy
• View and attach any file from your email, OneDrive, Dropbox, and other accounts with just a few taps.
• Send large files even if you haven’t downloaded them to your phone.
Find anything fast
• Filter your inbox to only show messages that are unread, flagged, or have attachments, with a single tap.
• Quickly find the right messages, people and files by typing just a few letters.
• Outlook shows people you communicate with most often, and lets you conveniently drill down to see all related emails, meetings and files.
Feedback or questions?
• We want your feedback to make Outlook better! Please share your comments within the app by going to Settings>Help>Contact Support. We read all feedback.
• See the answers to frequently asked questions by going to Settings>Help>FAQs.
What's New in Version 1.1.6
Bug fixes and performance improvements
Good mobile email tool, getting better
Outlook's focused inbox and focused notifications are perfect to keep on top of email from real people without getting distracted by "other" messages. The app also includes good file management with recent files and cloud storage integration. The calendar and people sections are also useful.
Recent updates have improved the speed and stability. While there are settings to modify the swipe actions, they removed the long swipe to delete--I hope they add this option back.
-needs more default scheduling options.
-The "people" section should have a "recent" people tab, with hundreds of contacts now listed, it's harder to find the handful of recently contacted people.
-The iPad version needs some tweaking to take advantage of the larger screen.
-The reply/forward buttons at the bottom of the message view takes up too much space, seems redundant.
-Viewing calendar details: close button in upper left is no bueno for one-handed iPhone-ing, should make use of gestures or a slide in from the side modal window, etc.
-Snoozed message function needs more refinement, getting better though.
-Needs ability to set out of office message.
-Support for Passbook attachments could be better.
Features are weak
I was so excited when I first heard that Outlook was finally on the iPad! I hate the Apple mail/contacts/calendar especially when connecting to Exchange. It's not what I expected.
What I like:
• Integrated mail, contacts and calendar
• Better integration with Exchange than Apple for calendaring
• Integration with OneDrive, gdrive, etc.
What I don’t like:
• The keyboard dies at least once every two days. The keys to the right of “k” just stop working and the only way to get them working again is to close the app and restart it. VERY annoying!
• No integration with other apps for mail, calendar and contacts. Once you turn off Apple mail, contacts and calendar. Every other app thinks you no longer have mail set up, can’t find any contacts, can’t see a calendar. This makes it nearly useless! Outlook is a completely isolated island!
• Sounds… I can't stop the dang thing from chiming every time I get an e-mail and I get a lot of them day and night! So I have to turn off the sounds.
• iPad version does not have a month-at-a-glance view of the calendar. Which is very odd because the iPhone version does!
I may actually go back to the Apple versions because of all of these deficiencies, which says a lot because I hate them. For MS taking so long to bring this app out, I am disappointed at its lack of features.
Good start but one big issue
The swipe to pull up all your folders is super clunky. The swipe is very "touchy" and doesn't always work well or at all. The list of mailboxes folders should not be in a "box" but full screen. Don't want to say it but apple mail has that part down right. The switch between folders and inbox is just not there yet. Please improve that experience and you will have a top notch app.
I can to on about the numerous features that you hit dead on - but too any others have pointed them out. I want to make this app as seamless as sitting in my office with outlook 2013 open.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Apr 24, 2015
- Version: 1.1.6
- Size: 22.9 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Microsoft Corporation
- © 2015 Microsoft Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.