By Microsoft Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
“The best email app for the iPhone.” - The Verge
Meet Outlook for iOS, the app that helps millions of users connect all their email accounts, calendars and files in one convenient spot. Newly redesigned, Outlook for iOS lets you do more from one powerful inbox.
See what matters most first with the Focused inbox that keeps the important messages on top. Switch between your emails and calendar to schedule your next meeting or share your availability with just a few taps. Or grab a document from your Files list and attach it to an email seamlessly.
With everything you need only a tap away, managing your busy days is now easier than ever.
Outlook for iOS works with Microsoft Exchange, Office 365, Outlook.com (including Hotmail and MSN), Gmail, Yahoo Mail, and iCloud.
Here’s what you’ll love about Outlook for iOS:
Seamless inbox management
- A “Focused” inbox that displays your most important messages first. The more you use it, the smarter it gets.
- Swipe gestures to quickly schedule, delete and archive messages.
- Smart filters to help you sort through your inbox.
Easy access to calendar and files
- Share your meeting availability with just a tap and easily find times to meet with others.
- View and attach any file from your email, OneDrive, Dropbox, and more, without having to download them to your phone.
Work on the go
- Open Word, Excel, or other Office document attachments to edit them directly in the corresponding app and attach them back to an email.
- Set your Out of Office messages directly from your iPhone or iPad.
- Multitask seamlessly on iPad with full Split View support in iOS 9.
Try other great Microsoft apps for iOS: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, OneDrive, Skype, and Wunderlist.
What's New in Version 2.0.2
A couple of weeks later, we’re back with some new finishing touches for Outlook 2.0. What was good just got better. This includes some new details throughout the app as well as a few bug fixes.
In other news, we now support the iPad Pro for a bigger and wider Outlook experience. We recommend trying out the multitasking view to be even more productive on-the-go.
Finally, we’ve improved performance for users with Apple Watch connected to their phone or for those with very large folders.
Question or comments? Let us know through our in-app support. We’re listening.
Don't know if it's the app update or because I'm on iOS 9. But I can't even open the app. Crashes every time.
- iPhone 6 Plus running iOS 9.1 beta.
*For version 1.4.2
The latest update (ver. 1.4.3) has solved the previous crash issue I was having.
-iPhone 6 plus on iOS 9.1 Beta
-iPad Air 2 on iOS 9
Back up to 5 Stars! Awesome app!
The latest version (2.0.0)
This version, although I enjoy the new look, the functionality could be a lot better. The first thing I've noticed is when launching the app, it fails to load mail until I refresh. In addition to that, the app is incredibly slow. Switching from different email accounts, to simply going back to a previous page, there is a slight delay/lag. The overall app is just okay... This delay is just too noticeable to ignore.
iPhone 6 Plus
Running iOS 9.1
Latest version 2.0.2
Huge improvement from the last update as far as the lag. It's not quite 100% yet, (a little delay still exists in-between checking emails - also sometimes email fails to load properly) but the effort is being put forth to reach that. That being said, I can comfortably bump this up to 3 stars.
iPhone 6 Plus
Indispensable tool for mail
I have had Outlook on my desktop ever since I found out that the preview window was not an active window so you wouldn't trigger any web beacons attached to image files. I fell in love with all the options available for handling email messages and keeping them organized. When I changed to an iPhone, I thought that I would have to be content with Mail on iOS. Imagine my pleasure when Microsoft announced the availability of Outlook for iOS. It was everything I was hoping for. While it will not replace Outlook desktop, it is very handy to have on my iPhone. Thanks, Microsoft and Apple! You have both made me very happy.
Choosing account fields to sync
Great so far, please add the promised option to choose what fields to sync with the app per account. I was told months ago by support it was coming. For example I have one gmail account that I only want to sync the calendar with outlook, not the email or contacts! iOS email and other email services offer this feature for a reason. Forcing users to sync all fields on every account makes this app non-usable for me. It sure would help with complaints I am reading in reviews about contacts and other fields all being blended together from multiple accounts. Let us choose what fields to sync per account! Do this and I will ditch iOS mail for good and give it 5 stars. Thanks and great work so far!
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Nov 13, 2015
- Version: 2.0.2
- Size: 47.3 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Malayalam, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Microsoft Corporation
- © 2015 Microsoft Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.