By Microsoft Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The official Microsoft Outlook app designed for iPhone and iPad.
Outlook is a free email app that helps you get more done from anywhere with one unified view of your email, calendar, contacts, and attachments. Outlook automatically surfaces your most important messages – across all your email accounts. Swipe to quickly delete, archive, or schedule messages you want to handle later. Easily view your calendar, share available times, and schedule meetings. And attach files from your email, OneDrive, or Dropbox with just a few taps.
Outlook works with Microsoft Exchange, Office 365, Outlook.com, iCloud, Gmail, and Yahoo Mail.
Why use Outlook?
Manage your inbox
• Outlook automatically triages your inbox for you, surfacing your most important email. Less relevant email is placed in your “Other” inbox.
• Swipe to quickly delete, archive, or schedule messages.
• Schedule emails and they will return to your inbox at a later time.
Your calendar built-in
• Switching between your email and calendar apps is a thing of the past. Outlook includes your calendar and notifies you with appointment reminders.
• Find available meeting times and share them in email or schedule a meeting.
Attachments made easy
• View and attach any file from your email, OneDrive, Dropbox, and other accounts with just a few taps.
• Send large files even if you haven’t downloaded them to your phone.
Find anything fast
• Filter your inbox to only show messages that are unread, flagged, or have attachments, with a single tap.
• Quickly find the right messages, people and files by typing just a few letters.
• Outlook shows people you communicate with most often, and lets you conveniently drill down to see all related emails, meetings and files.
Feedback or questions?
• We want your feedback to make Outlook better! Please share your comments within the app by going to Settings>Help>Contact Support. We read all feedback.
• See the answers to frequently asked questions by going to Settings>Help>FAQs.
What's New in Version 1.3.4
The picture of your cat in your Camera app. The link of this really smart article you just read. This other picture of your cat in your Camera app. Don’t you just wish you could directly share them all via email no matter which app you’re in? Well, now you can!
Introducing Outlook’s brand new share extension! Open it up from any other app and we’ll get everything ready for you. You’ll find text and links automatically inserted into the email body, and photos directly attached.
We’ve also added some extra goodies for you in this update. We’ve given our calendar an upgrade (sharing your availability got a prettier!), improved our IMAP support, created new default sounds and added swipe navigation for Mail and Calendar.
Best email app so far
I love this app for business email. It works perfectly with my Office 365 account and has some great features. One of my favorites is that I can define what happens when I swipe left or right. I move all of my read email that doesn't require further action to an Archive folder where I'll return to it later to decide if I need to file it or if it can be permanently deleted. This app allows me to specify which folder I want the email to go to when I swipe right, and I love that.
It is missing support for Tasks, and I would love to see Microsoft add that functionality to this app. I'm also anxious for them to support viewing multiple calendars / advanced features (like categories) like you can on the OWA app. Still, this is a great email solution.
Looks like a good start, but needs work
Seems like a good start for Outlook on iOS, but needs improvements before it's ready for mainstream.
Microsoft's marketing verbiage in the app description will tell you all the positive attributes, so I'll just supply the drawbacks:
• Can't manage tasks and notes. (Hopefully coming soon?)
• When you add a Google Drive account, it tricks you and adds your Gmail, too. There is no way to disable Gmail and just keep Google Drive. I don't use Gmail, so I have to remove Google Drive from Outlook completely to keep Gmail from showing along with my regular email.
• Can't choose which folders to sync. Microsoft didn't seem to take into account Exchange users who have rules set up to move incoming messages to subfolders. To find out if there is new mail in those folders, I have to tap each one and wait for it to sync. #bigfail
• If you have more than five or six all-day events on your calendar, the view at the top doesn't adjust to let you see what they are regarding. You have to individually tap each one to see what it is.
• It takes three taps to move a message to another folder. In Apple's Mail app it only takes two taps.
• Unable to add an account in Airplane Mode or when no Internet connection is available.
Easily the best mail app out there
Easily worth 5 stars. I was previously a user of Accompli and was happy and now with the rebranding and enhancements for Outlook, this app is fantastic. Microsoft's commitment to regular updates to this app further solidify my satisfaction.
As far as feature set, I'm able to do everything I need from this app and have not found I need the desktop site to complete certain actions. The Swipe options make the app customizable to my preferences and the folders management is just what I need.
Suggestion for future update: give me text editability options like OneNote. (Right now it's hidden after selecting copy. I'd rather it be attached to the keyboard.)
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jul 28, 2015
- Version: 1.3.4
- Size: 43.3 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Microsoft Corporation
- © 2015 Microsoft Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.