By Microsoft Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The official Microsoft Outlook app designed for iPhone and iPad.
Outlook is a free email app that helps you get more done from anywhere with one unified view of your email, calendar, contacts, and attachments. Outlook automatically surfaces your most important messages – across all your email accounts. Swipe to quickly delete, archive, or schedule messages you want to handle later. Easily view your calendar, share available times, and schedule meetings. And attach files from your email, OneDrive, or Dropbox with just a few taps.
Outlook works with Microsoft Exchange, Office 365, Outlook.com, iCloud, Gmail, and Yahoo Mail.
Why use Outlook?
Manage your inbox
• Outlook automatically triages your inbox for you, surfacing your most important email. Less relevant email is placed in your “Other” inbox.
• Swipe to quickly delete, archive, or schedule messages.
• Schedule emails and they will return to your inbox at a later time.
Your calendar built-in
• Switching between your email and calendar apps is a thing of the past. Outlook includes your calendar and notifies you with appointment reminders.
• Find available meeting times and share them in email or schedule a meeting.
Attachments made easy
• View and attach any file from your email, OneDrive, Dropbox, and other accounts with just a few taps.
• Send large files even if you haven’t downloaded them to your phone.
Find anything fast
• Filter your inbox to only show messages that are unread, flagged, or have attachments, with a single tap.
• Quickly find the right messages, people and files by typing just a few letters.
• Outlook shows people you communicate with most often, and lets you conveniently drill down to see all related emails, meetings and files.
Feedback or questions?
• We want your feedback to make Outlook better! Please share your comments within the app by going to Settings>Help>Contact Support. We read all feedback.
• See the answers to frequently asked questions by going to Settings>Help>FAQs.
What's New in Version 1.1.2
• Calendar updates to better support daylight saving time
• Improved general attachment handling throughout the app
• Various improvements to better handle images inline
Good mobile email tool, getting better
Outlook's focused inbox and focused notifications are perfect to keep on top of email from real people without getting distracted by "other" messages when away from the desk. The app also includes good file management with recent files and cloud storage integration. The calendar and people sections are also very useful.
Recent updates seem to have improved the swipe action so it's more fluid now. With each update Microsoft is improving the app, which hopefully points to a good future for continued refinements. While there are settings to modify the swipe actions, they removed the long swipe to delete--I hope they add this option back.
-I'd like to see more default scheduling options.
-The "people" section should have a "recent" people tab, with hundreds of contacts now listed, it's harder to find the handful of recently contacted people.
-The iPad version needs some tweaking to take advantage of the larger screen.
-The reply/forward buttons at the bottom of the message view takes up too much space, seems redundant.
-Viewing calendar details: close button in upper left is no bueno for one-handed iPhone-ing, should make use of gestures or slide in from side modal window, etc.
-Snoozed messages need the option to mute the notification. (Mailbox still does message snoozing better)
-Finally, you can't set an out of office message, so still have to keep the gmail app.
Still needs work
Still used as my default client, despite the issues below which I've had since v1.0:
1. Allow for customization of email preview (I prefer a "subject-only" view)
2. Allow for customization of date range of downloaded email; currently hard-coded to 1 month. If on a plane or other disconnected state and you need something from 32 days ago, you're out of luck.
3. Fix the bug that makes the icons at the bottom of the screen slide half off the screen when multi selecting. (New in this ver... Boo)
4. When the app gets focus, either via opening or coming up from the background, indicate when the inbox was last updated. Prevents the user from manually initiating a needless refresh. The "mailbox updated just now" is great but that only applies to ONE mailbox. If you have 3 or 12 or however many email accounts mashed together in outlook, the pop up is deceptive.
5. Allow files to be shown in a consolidated view. Currently, files are grouped by where they reside (OneDrive, dropbox, etc). Allow for sorting by modified date/name/type regardless of source as well as grouping by source.
6. Allow for image loading to be optional. Web bugs are no good for anyone. Would be cool to allow different settings for focus and other inboxes
Is it a replacement for the stock iOS mail app? Absolutely! Email the way it should be. A step ahead of the rest by offering attachments from a wealth of storage services, not limited and useless like other clients. Very clean interface and intuitive as well. Nice job.
Is it a replacement for the stock iOS calendar? No. It is lacking in features, recurring events being the major one. That's not actually saying a whole lot though. I've purchased and used another developer's calendar app for years now because the iOS calendar app doesn't cut the mustard either. Not for advanced use anyway.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Mar 26, 2015
- Version: 1.1.2
- Size: 24.0 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Microsoft Corporation
- © 2015 Microsoft Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.