By Microsoft Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The official Microsoft Outlook app designed for iPhone and iPad.
Outlook is a free email app that helps you get more done from anywhere with one unified view of your email, calendar, contacts, and attachments. Outlook automatically surfaces your most important messages – across all your email accounts. Swipe to quickly delete, archive, or schedule messages you want to handle later. Easily view your calendar, share available times, and schedule meetings. And attach files from your email, OneDrive, or Dropbox with just a few taps.
Outlook works with Microsoft Exchange, Office 365, Outlook.com, iCloud, Gmail, and Yahoo Mail.
Why use Outlook?
Manage your inbox
• Outlook automatically triages your inbox for you, surfacing your most important email. Less relevant email is placed in your “Other” inbox.
• Swipe to quickly delete, archive, or schedule messages.
• Schedule emails and they will return to your inbox at a later time.
Your calendar built-in
• Switching between your email and calendar apps is a thing of the past. Outlook includes your calendar and notifies you with appointment reminders.
• Find available meeting times and share them in email or schedule a meeting.
Attachments made easy
• View and attach any file from your email, OneDrive, Dropbox, and other accounts with just a few taps.
• Send large files even if you haven’t downloaded them to your phone.
Find anything fast
• Filter your inbox to only show messages that are unread, flagged, or have attachments, with a single tap.
• Quickly find the right messages, people and files by typing just a few letters.
• Outlook shows people you communicate with most often, and lets you conveniently drill down to see all related emails, meetings and files.
Feedback or questions?
• We want your feedback to make Outlook better! Please share your comments within the app by going to Settings>Help>Contact Support. We read all feedback.
• See the answers to frequently asked questions by going to Settings>Help>FAQs.
What's New in Version 1.3.8
- Alternative Browser Support
Our users are diverse so our browser choices should be too. We've added support for opening links in Dolphin and Opera browsers in our settings.
Share your feature ideas with us through the “Suggest a Feature” view in the app. We’re listening.
Solid app for email
I gave this app a shot as my yahoo app was very buggy. The UI is very smooth and though it has some bugs the developers seems to be very proactive in pushing out updates. (UPDATE: most have been fixed) I like that the app is very peppy and opens up emails in a smooth manner. It also works offline for more recent emails and you can set certain emails/attachments to be accessible when you are offline so it's great while traveling. I also like the fact that you can attach docs using multiple sources which is very useful. It would be great if there is a possibility to attach emails like I'm used to in Outlook on the PC but that maybe asking too much :) it would be great though.
Update 08/17: Have stopped using the yahoo and iOS mail app. Both have been buggy. Still love this app.
Decent, but needs work
Better than Apple's standard email, but still needs a lot of work before it can be your only email.
Three months ago I sent them a report about an issue with contacts; you can't add or change contacts within the Outlook app, they rely on the Apple contacts. It makes sense to use existing functionality. They acknowledged they have a bug where they never apply any new contacts or changes to existing contacts from Apple contacts to Outlook. Also, the categories from Apple contacts are treated as a contact in Outlook. As long as you don't need to add or update contacts, the App works fine.
I think Outlook handles saving and attaching files much better than Apple mail. However, Apple is reworking their mail app with the new release of iOS, and I suspect it will have enough improvements to surpass any current benefit of Outlook.
Good and not so good
Nice message management capabilities but some limitations with swiping in that there is only one option available for each direction. Many clients offer multiple options under a single swipe. There is a bug involving the keyboard when composing a new message where the backspace key stops functioning until you kill and restart the app.
Calendar is nice in that it can easily display multiple accounts however, there is no access to Exchange shared calendars which limits business functionality. Cannot edit or reschedule existing appointments or meetings which seems odd. There is a bug where recurring appointments in Google calendar are displayed incorrectly. For example, an appoint,net that should recur the 2nd Thursday of the month appears every Thursday in Outlook for IOS even though it appears correctly in other calendar client software.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Aug 22, 2015
- Version: 1.3.8
- Size: 50.1 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Microsoft Corporation
- © 2015 Microsoft Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.