By Microsoft Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The official Microsoft Outlook app designed for iPhone and iPad.
Outlook is a free email app that helps you get more done from anywhere with one unified view of your email, calendar, contacts, and attachments. Outlook automatically surfaces your most important messages – across all your email accounts. Swipe to quickly delete, archive, or schedule messages you want to handle later. Easily view your calendar, share available times, and schedule meetings. And attach files from your email, OneDrive, or Dropbox with just a few taps.
Outlook works with Microsoft Exchange, Office 365, Outlook.com, iCloud, Gmail, and Yahoo Mail.
Why use Outlook?
Manage your inbox
• Outlook automatically triages your inbox for you, surfacing your most important email. Less relevant email is placed in your “Other” inbox.
• Swipe to quickly delete, archive, or schedule messages.
• Schedule emails and they will return to your inbox at a later time.
Your calendar built-in
• Switching between your email and calendar apps is a thing of the past. Outlook includes your calendar and notifies you with appointment reminders.
• Find available meeting times and share them in email or schedule a meeting.
Attachments made easy
• View and attach any file from your email, OneDrive, Dropbox, and other accounts with just a few taps.
• Send large files even if you haven’t downloaded them to your phone.
Find anything fast
• Filter your inbox to only show messages that are unread, flagged, or have attachments, with a single tap.
• Quickly find the right messages, people and files by typing just a few letters.
• Outlook shows people you communicate with most often, and lets you conveniently drill down to see all related emails, meetings and files.
Feedback or questions?
• We want your feedback to make Outlook better! Please share your comments within the app by going to Settings>Help>Contact Support. We read all feedback.
• See the answers to frequently asked questions by going to Settings>Help>FAQs.
What's New in Version 1.4.3
New in 1.4.3
- Bug fixes
And everything from the previous version, 1.4.2:
Updates and improvements to support the new iOS 9
Spotlight Search on iPhone and iPad
Find emails quickly using Spotlight Search on iPhone or iPad. Search results appear immediately as you enter text. Even email messages with IRM protection appear in search results.
Turn your productivity up another notch? Wireless keyboard users, rejoice! You can now use keyboard shortcuts to get around Outlook in no time. Compose a new email with ⌘n and use the tab key and arrow keys to navigate through the different fields in the email. To move between tabs, tap ⌘1, ⌘2, ⌘3, ⌘4 and ⌘5 for Email, Calendar, Files, People and Settings respectively.
iPad Air 2 Only
Multitasking. Noun. The ability to do several things at the same time. E.g. Running Outlook side by side with other apps.
Here are a couple of ways you’re going to want to try it:
. Copy content from any app and directly paste it into the email you’re currently composing. It’s so easy you just won’t be able to stop.
. Open your Word, Excel or PowerPoint attachments in their respective apps to review them while you read comments from an email. Even better, make the edits required and click on the “Send” button. The document will be automatically attached to a new email for composition.
Comprehensive and Easy to Use -- But Two Big Flaws
A pretty good job by Microsoft. A very comprehensive e-mail, calendar and contacts app, with support for every type of account out there! Any many other great features. But, unfortunately, Outlook for iOS has two huge flaws: (1) users cannot select which of their accounts should be used as the default for sending calendar/meeting invitations; and (2) Outlook stupidly does not sync contacts that are in contact folders (e.g., "Friends", "Work", etc.), like all other programs and apps do, so Outlook does not sync 99% of our contacts. :( Hopefully, Microsoft will fix these very bad bugs/omissions soon! Also, the Microsoft Outlook iOS customer support (accessed from within the app) is *HORRIBLE*! The reps cannot even understand (much less answer) basic questions, and suggest that you reboot the app and iPhone, regardless of what your question is (no kidding!)! :(
It's the One - Kills Apple Mail.
Die hard Apple fan here - yet Microsoft has killed Apple's current version of Mail. Calendars are reliably accurate unlike iOS Calendar App. When moving to a folder, you can search for folder name (huge for me). Only negative I've come across is icons at top of screen are dangerously close together so easy to mistakenly delete when moving messages. Relatively easy to fix unintended errors with the immediate undo that appears at bottom of screen for a few seconds after you do something (move, delete, etc.). Love to see more swipe configuration options like common folders to move messages to etc.
With minor UI tweaks / options like this and you get 5 stars from me!
Keep it up Microsoft - when software is concerned, you've proven you can beat em' if you join em'. Nice work.
Has a few shortcomings
Two things that stand out that this app lacks in functionality. First, it is royal pain if you are searching through emails for something particular and you open the email and find that's not the one, so you go back to the in box or folder to continue searching. But the app doesn't hold your place where you left off, it bounces you right back to the top of the folder. This is incredibly frustrating if you have many emails to search through. My Yahoo email keeps your place by keeping the email you just opened highlighted when you go back to the list.
Second, but much less irritating, is that the address book in the app doesn't recognize groups you may have set up in the web-based version. The app should have all of the functionality of the web-based.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Sep 17, 2015
- Version: 1.4.3
- Size: 51.2 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Malayalam, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Microsoft Corporation
- © 2015 Microsoft Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.