By Microsoft Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The official Microsoft Outlook app designed for iPhone and iPad.
Outlook is a free email app that helps you get more done from anywhere with one unified view of your email, calendar, contacts, and attachments. Outlook automatically surfaces your most important messages – across all your email accounts. Swipe to quickly delete, archive, or schedule messages you want to handle later. Easily view your calendar, share available times, and schedule meetings. And attach files from your email, OneDrive, or Dropbox with just a few taps.
Outlook works with Microsoft Exchange, Office 365, Outlook.com, iCloud, Gmail, and Yahoo Mail.
Why use Outlook?
Manage your inbox
• Outlook automatically triages your inbox for you, surfacing your most important email. Less relevant email is placed in your “Other” inbox.
• Swipe to quickly delete, archive, or schedule messages.
• Schedule emails and they will return to your inbox at a later time.
Your calendar built-in
• Switching between your email and calendar apps is a thing of the past. Outlook includes your calendar and notifies you with appointment reminders.
• Find available meeting times and share them in email or schedule a meeting.
Attachments made easy
• View and attach any file from your email, OneDrive, Dropbox, and other accounts with just a few taps.
• Send large files even if you haven’t downloaded them to your phone.
Find anything fast
• Filter your inbox to only show messages that are unread, flagged, or have attachments, with a single tap.
• Quickly find the right messages, people and files by typing just a few letters.
• Outlook shows people you communicate with most often, and lets you conveniently drill down to see all related emails, meetings and files.
Feedback or questions?
• We want your feedback to make Outlook better! Please share your comments within the app by going to Settings>Help>Contact Support. We read all feedback.
• See the answers to frequently asked questions by going to Settings>Help>FAQs.
What's New in Version 1.2.0
Potentially great, let down by poor design
I was really hoping this would be the Gmail app replacement I'd been looking for, unfortunately it has an inexcusably terrible design flaw which makes it unusable for me as a multiple email account client. The badge number on the app icon shows the total unread emails from ALL of your accounts. That means if you have a few accounts that have hundreds of emails you never bothered opening, you're likely to have a badge number in the thousands which is completely and utterly useless. You should be able to select which accounts contribute to the badge number. I have 4 accounts but only want the badge number to show the total unread from my business email, for good reason. Outlook does not support this and hence it's not a Gmail replacement for me.
Also, I didn't realize how useful Gmail's "Primary/Social/Promotions" folders were until I tried to view my Gmail on this app, which doesn't support them. Its "focused" inbox option is not nearly as helpful as Gmail's inbox categories. All of a sudden my inbox just looks like a mess, and turning "focused" on took out a lot of important emails from my focus, the exact opposite of what it's supposed to do. A shame - I guess I will keep my eye on the development of this app in case they fix these things in the future, because it's otherwise a very slick app.
I've been using the Acompli app since day one, and I love it.
The best features are that it works with all my different email accounts, has a unified inbox, and, most importantly of all, has focused inbox.
Focused inbox makes it easier for me to keep the meaningful email from people that I really need to talk to separate from all the other email that I get (newsletters, Facebook updates, etc.). Not only does it keep my inbox clean, but it also is setup so that I only receive an iOS notification for those "focused" emails. Prior to focused inbox, I would have just turned notifications off because it can be so annoying to have your phone buzz whenever you get some spammy LinkedIn update email, or whatever. Now I can just leave it on.
Choosing account fields to sync
Great so far, please add the promised option to choose what fields to sync with the app per account. I was told months ago by support it was coming. For example I have one gmail account that I only want to sync the calendar with outlook, not the email or contacts! iOS email and other email services offer this feature for a reason. Forcing users to sync all fields on every account makes this app non-usable for me. It sure would help with complaints I am reading in reviews about contacts and other fields all being blended together from multiple accounts. Let us choose what fields to sync per account! Do this and I will ditch iOS mail for good and give it 5 stars. Thanks and great work so far!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: May 21, 2015
- Version: 1.2.0
- Size: 38.4 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Microsoft Corporation
- © 2015 Microsoft Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.