Cryptomator - Open Source Cloud Encryption
By Skymatic UG (haftungsbeschraenkt)
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Cryptomator provides transparent, client-side encryption for your cloud files. You can access your files from all of your devices. Securely protect your documents from unauthorized access.
Cryptomator encrypts your files' contents and names using AES with 256 bit keylength. Scrypt hardens your key against bruteforcing.
Choose a password and continue working normally on your files. No configuration needed. No accounts required.
Cryptomator for iOS is compatible with iCloud Drive, Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, and WebDAV-based cloud storage services. Further integrations will be provided with the next updates.
Cryptomator is secure. Ever read this sentence before? Well in this case you don't need to trust us. You can control us. The encryption code of Cryptomator is 100% open source.
What's New in Version 1.2.0
- Added compatibility to vaults created with desktop version 1.2.0
- Added file sizes to directory listing (only available for newly-created or migrated vaults)
- Added "sort by date" in directory listing
- Added filter capability in directory listing
- Added favorite folders to file upload
- Added sticker pack with Cryptobot for Messages (available for iOS 10)
- Improved clean up of temporary files
- Fixed upload of large files in iCloud Drive, Dropbox, and OneDrive
- Fixed access of shared folders in OneDrive
- Fixed directory listing that limited the number of files shown in Google Drive and OneDrive
- Fixed last modified date in Google Drive
- Fixed reauthentication of some cloud storage services
The app is great! I love knowing my files are safe, and under my control.
I'd love it if there was an easier way to browse: swiping between files and showing image previews - a gallery view instead of a tree/list view. Keep up the good work 👍🏼
Open Source Encryption for Dropbox and Google Drive
Great open source encryption tool for use with Dropbox and Google Drive. I use this with their windows / mac clients to access sensitive financial and medical records that I want to share between my computers but don't want open to third parties. This tool is fast, has a fully functioning extension to push/pull files, and it's free on the desktop. Completely worth the $5 to support the developers.
Open source cloud encryption
Cryptomator is a good solution if you have private files you want to sync via the cloud. I love that it requires no external account. It creates encrypted vaults on your existing cloud storage, so no central server could compromise your passphrases. Works seamlessly with the desktop edition (which is free). Worth paying a few bucks for the mobile version. The interface is very straightforward - this app does one thing and does it well.
Most of the major cloud storage services are integrated with this app. Box unfortunately is missing from the list - I hope it is coming sometime down the road.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Sep 21, 2016
- Version: 1.2.0
- Size: 22.7 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, German
- Seller: Skymatic UG (haftungsbeschraenkt)
- © 2016 cryptomator.org
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.