Refracto is a user friendly tool for homebrewers that will help you to convert your refractometer measurements during a fermentation process from °Brix to SG or °Plato. It automatically compensates the alcohol effect during fermentation of your beer.
To use Refracto simply swipe to enter your original refractometer reading (from before fermentation) and the result of a current measurement. Refracto then immediately computes the following values:
- Original gravity
- Final gravity (apparent and actual)
- Attenuation (apparent and real)
- Alcohol by volume
At any time you can switch between four different modes of computation:
- Kleier (a modernized version of the Standard formula)
- Linear formula according Sean Terrill
- Cubic formula according Sean Terrill
- In addition to this App you will also need a Refractometer with a Brix-scale.
- The supported input range for refractometer readings is 0 to 32 °Bx.
Added support for the latest devices and iOS 12.
Ratings and Reviews
This app works really good and I’m taking small samples with a pipette to get a gravity number with a digital refractometer I quickly do the calculation and I’m only using 5 mL of beer.
Thanks for making it easy to make these calculation.
Only goes to 32 brix
Starting OG cannot be more than 32 brix. Everything I make starts higher than that. Unusable.
- Michael Schmidt
- 1.5 MB
- Requires iOS 11.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, German
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © Michael Schmidt
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.