BluCar - Parking and valet when and where you need it.
HOW IT WORKS:
Park your car three different ways:
1) Just pull up to any BluCar drop spot located throughout the city and show them your BluCar code and they will park your car.
2) Set your destination in the app and one of our uniformed drivers will be waiting for you when you arrive.
3) Not registered? - Drive up to a drop spot and we'll give you a valet ticket with a code on it. When your ready for your car download the BluCar App and type the code on the ticket into the main screen and request your car back.
When you are ready to leave we'll return your car directly to you,wherever you are.
* All tips and payments are cashless and handled through the app
* Secure parking locations
* Trained industry professionals
* Monitor your car location at all time
* You car is insured for up to $1M in General Liability and Garage Keepers policies.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. But don't worry, your location is only used when requesting an on-demand service.
Lot of improvements to make your BluCar experience better!
Ratings and Reviews
This app is good in theory, but the implementation is poor, and opaque on pricing.
To start off with the default configuration assumes a 20% tip without input from the user. In addition the tip amount is not communicated until after your credit card is charged. In my case this resulted in two tips: one in cash by me when I picked up my car, and another one by blucar after the fact that was automatically charged to my credit card.
Pricing is also opaque. I looked online prior to dropping my car off, where the indicated price seemed to be $15, however, after picking my car up from the Valet and driving off I was charged another $5 blucar fee that was only disclosed after my credit card was charged. At no point prior to me picking up my car was pricing available in the app.
The final issue for me is that you only receive a temporary itemized receipt on the app that seems to disappear, and a grand total receipt via email. This is a pretty minor issue for me, but when combined with the above issues it makes me feel like this company is trying to offer a service with opaque pricing practices.
These jokers charged me almost $30 to valet my car for dinner. Up until BluCar took over - this valet cost $8. Of course, I had no clue about this until they emailed me a receipt when I was halfway home. Plus, after I had to install their "convenient" app, register, and input all my payment info (when all I used to do was hand the attendant some cash), all while my wife sat silently waiting for me at dinner, I used the app to call for my car after dinner. The app informed me the car was ready - so we walked outside (in the rain). Of course, the car didn't actually arrive for another 10 minutes. What a great "service"!!! I need to go out this morning and see if they also "conveniently" scratched my car, or left a deuce in the trunk.
Trying to understand and use app is impossible. Can’t get any response from their support. Now trying to just get my credit card deleted, so I can delete this useless app without leaving that info with them.
- Blucar, LLC
- 46.7 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2015 BluCar LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.