• Experience turn-based tactical combat and deep strategic gameplay.
• Supply elite soldiers with tons of equipment: hi-tech armor, deadly weapons, implants, and gadgets.
• Upgrade your base and research futuristic technology to gain access to advanced warfare.
• Play anywhere, anytime, and even offline to stop the threat in an epic campaign.
Mercs of Boom is a fascinating turn-based strategy game in which you become the head of your own military corporation. In the game, you have a hi-tech base at your disposal, along with the most sophisticated of weaponry and a squad of professional fighters. The future of humanity is in your hands, commander!
We have a new name, that’s right! And some changes in the game as well, so check them out.
• The new Friends system. No need to use your Facebook account. Just open the Friends menu and search by Nickname, or open any profile and send a friend request.
• No more waiting between battles! Mercs of Boom was always about fights, tactics and your squad. Following your wishes, we completely reworked the timers that prevented you from going to the next battle immediately. There is no more waiting for healing injured mercenaries, constructing and upgrading entry-level buildings, manufacturing basic consumables and equipment. We didn't remove, but did reduce by up to 12 times the waiting time for high-level manufacturing, research, and revival.
• Level cap increased. Keep fighting, get two new levels of progress, and unlock the ability to produce two new sets of armor.
• Graphics quality settings. An Very High graphics option is now available for the best quality possible. You can also lower this setting to preserve battery life.
• ProMotion support. In case you have the latest iPad Pro model, with its gorgeous 120Hz display, you can enable 120 FPS mode in Mercs of Boom for maximum comfort and fluidity. We've also added full support of the iPhone X display. Get more game from your device!
• Language selection. Want to play in a different language? No problem, just select the one you prefer in the settings menu and enjoy without changing device settings.
• We significantly reduced the download size of the game in the AppStore. You can now get Mercs of Boom over a mobile network and download additional resources within the game whenever you want.
• True cross-platform experience. From the beginning, it was our goal to let players enjoy the game from as many devices as they want, and we are almost there. We encourage you to create a GI Play account and use it for logging in with it other devices. Take Mercs of Boom with you anywhere, and just keep playing from where you paused last time.
Ratings and Reviews
Not bad, but buggy
The game isn’t bad at all, very xcom like, but the difficulty does ramp up considerably after level 15. After that it isn’t impossible, but trying to get the higher level weapons and armors can take weeks worth of pvp battles per piece of equipment. For example one union rifle takes around 10 pvp battles to gain enough material to build, which doesn’t include the missions you have to do to buy the support items needed to survive those missions. At 2-3 hours of play per day it will take about a week of grinding per weapon or armor. On top of this is the fact that after a couple of months of play the game starts bugging out and freezing about 5-10 times per day, which requires a reboot to hopefully “fix”.
Honestly I love this game, it is very engaging and fun. If it was possible to just buy it straight out I would have no problem paying $5-$10 for it, but with the pay to win strategy towards the later levels it becomes less of a fun action filled strategy game and more of a Skyrim-like iron dagger smithing grind.
Lots of potential but fails
I was enjoying it very much but once you reach level 15 you hit a big difficult point where your outnumbered under powered that your only chance of proceeding is by spending real money. I can handle the difficulty and the waiting to level up but the biggest offender was when your mercs dies you can revive them instantly with an item and gain a cyborg perk which is great. But what the game didn't disclose was if your merc dies again and you don't use the item again then they lose those perks. Of course they give you enough of the item early in the game to revive your mercs once but after that your lucky if you get one. So if you wanna keep those perks then you have to buy the item which isn't cheap. You should not be punished if you die by permanently making you weaker unless you spend real money, wait 5 hours till you can you use your mercs again fine but this was very cheap. Typical pay to win game, I would've gladly paid $6 for the game without this BS. I was about to buy into the game with something to help and support the developer but once I was punished for dying I chose not to.
Great promise but $$$ to play a real problem
Reminds me quite a bit of the early X-Com franchise, when I first downloaded this game I was really excited about it, but that enthusiasm has been short-lived. Some games are pay-to-play for an enhanced experience and some are as a requirement, and it's unfortunate that the developers of X-Mercs have decided to make this promising game the latter.
The game takes off fabulously, but within a week I found that the free play aspect of the game is fatally flawed, and I'll explain. The missions and quest completion will trickle out a few hundred cash units, while research, equipment purchases and equipment manufacturing requires several thousand cash units.
Additionally, the mission quest arcs transformed overnight from easily manageable missions to virtually unbeatable without rolling out soldiers that use top shelf equipment, which leads us back to the bottle-necked economy model.
I don't a bit of pay-to-play, but it does offend my sensibilities when developers are clearly presenting a money-grab product.
It's amazing to me how many genuinely good games eventually fall by the wayside, victims of the short-sightedness of not having a balanced free-to-play economy to feed to pay-to-play side of things. Only time will tell, but I suspect X-Mercs will eventually become another of those titles.
- Game Insight UAB
- 222.7 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © Game Insight, 2018
- In-App Purchases
- Pack of Credits $6.99
- Pile of Credits $13.99
- Handful of Credits $2.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.