Groove Freedom is a revolutionary new approach to help drummers develop independence on the drum set by practicing challenging patterns in a way that only today's technology can provide.
Groove Freedom has been recognized by MODERN DRUMMER MAGAZINE as one of the "iOS Apps Every Drummer Should Know", has been awarded the BEST DRUM APP OF 2015 by DRUM! magazine, and was also acknowledged as one of the Best Educational Products of 2016 as voted on by the readers of the Modern Drummer Magazine Reader's Poll!
Taking all of the content from Mike Johnston's GROOVE FREEDOM book, this app features:
* Over 150 lessons across 4 different chapters: Bass Drum Freedom, Snare Drum Freedom, World Groove Ostinatos, and 32nd Note Grooves - with more added regularly every month.
* Each lesson has up to 28 different exercises to practice using our unique "Groove Breakdown" view to help you see and hear what each limb plays for a groove.
* Practice the displayed pattern while listening to the drum audio, click track, or both. Adjust the tempo to fit your needs, and adjust the volume and stereo pan of each limb part separately or mute a part to simplify a challenging pattern.
* "Repeat Measure" and "Auto Tempo Increase" features to help to keep your practice focused.
* See your progress by viewing your entire practice history: what groove and exercises you practiced with informative statistics and graphs.
OS AND DEVICE SUPPORT
Requires iOS9 or greater.
Supports from iPad2 to current iPad models including all iPad Mini and iPad Pro variants
Groove Freedom comes with three full-featured lessons for you to experience everything that the app has to offer straight from the moment you download it. Subscribing to Premium Access gives you access to all existing lessons with new lessons added every month.
Premium Access subscriptions are available in 1-month, 6-month, or 12-month durations with discounts available for 6-month and 12-month subscriptions. Pricing is clearly shown within the app prior to purchase.
* Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
* Your subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
* Your iTunes Account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period at the subscription price selected, and will clearly identify the cost of the renewal.
* You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings after purchase.
* Please note that you will not be able to cancel the current subscription during the active subscription period.
- Adds initial support for iOS12. There are currently no known issues with GF on iOS12.
- Drops support for iOS8. The minimum supported version is now iOS 9.3.
- Allow for left-foot hi-hat notes to be used in Chapters 1, 2, and 4 for new content released September, 2018.
- Ensure that the selected # of measures to repeat and BPM increase value for the System Review and Heat Check Review exercises is visible when changing it.
- Fixes a bug where logging in via Twitter was not working.
- Fixes a bug where FAQs were not able to be displayed.
- Fixes a bug which did not allow users to contact support from the Settings >> Feedback link.
- Adds 16x and 32x options to "Measure Repeat" for both the System Review and Heat Check Review exercises.
- Removes the Heat Check Review option to repeat “infinitely” since this is allowed through the groove breakdown exercises.
- Allow audio from other apps to be mixed in with the audio from GF while practicing.
I really want to thank everyone for supporting Groove Freedom and your helpful feedback! Please continue to share with me what you love about GF and where you'd like to see improvements made either directly at email@example.com or via our Facebook page!
Ratings and Reviews
The wonderful thing about this app is how it helps with so much else in your playing that you don't realize. You think you are just practicing this groove or that groove, but it is developing so many aspects of your playing that shows up when you go to practice/play other techniques, styles, etc. Invaluable!
This app is incredible what I wouldn't give to be 12 years old again and have this app and mikes lessons combined if you wanna become more than just a drummer and a musician even all the people in the mikes lesson family will teach you so many things so many interesting people from all walks of life 11 out 10
- Sun Rising Application Development LLC
- 61.6 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Sun Rising Application Development
- In-App Purchases
- Groove Freedom $4.99
- Groove Freedom $49.99
- Groove Freedom $26.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.