A New Chapter Begins!
RELIVE your favorite FINAL FANTASY moments in FINAL FANTASY Record Keeper!
Fight with your favorite FINAL FANTASY heroes, battle through classic FINAL FANTASY moments, restore the lost memories and save the world once again.
Classic Scenes Reborn in Pixel Form
- Midgar, Zanarkand, Cocoon...the Record Dungeons contain full pixel art remakes of some of the most iconic settings in FINAL FANTASY history, enabling you to lose yourself among the Story Records of adventures past.
- Experience a whole new story with original characters designed by Tetsuya Nomura, including Tyro, Elarra, and the Shadowsmith.
Heroes from Throughout FINAL FANTASY
- Cloud, Tidus, Lightning, Noctis...the heroes who saved countless worlds. And standing against them, Sephiroth, Seifer, Kefka, and the unforgettable villains of FINAL FANTASY.
- More than 200 detailed characters await! Create your own dream party of heroes hand-picked from throughout the history of the series.
Relive the Original Stories in Battle
- Do battle in the classic FINAL FANTASY Active Time Battle system. Cross Slash, Thunderfall, Explosive Fist, Meteor, Bahamut...
- Use Soul Breaks, abilities, and summons to reclaim the Battle Records.
All Your Favorite Music in One Place
- The famed music of FINAL FANTASY stirs memories of battles in distant lands. Many of these tunes are reborn in new FFRK original arrangements.
- Visit the Music Hall to listen to your Music Records whenever you like. Then select your favorites to accompany you on your journey through the realms of FINAL FANTASY.
Multiplayer with Your Friends
- Enjoy multiplayer that supports up to 4 players. Use original stamps to communicate with your allies as you forge a strategy to work together and take down deadly foes.
- In a glorious kingdom that thrives on the harmony between magic and art, epic tales of valor and hope have been passed from one generation to the next.
- The records of these great chronicles uphold the peace and prosperity of all civilization. The kingdom sealed these records inside paintings, to safeguard the balance of the world.
- That is until, without warning, the records within the paintings began to fade away... Darkness fell upon the world, bringing catastrophe and ruin.
The time has come for you to save the kingdom’s future.
- Tyro has restored the Battle Records held in the paintings, protecting the world from a terrible threat from beyond. Now as their investigation continues, they discover an ominous magic emanating from mysterious Corrupted Paintings. But these paintings do not hold Battle Records like the others.
- These new paintings hold Story Records chronicling the adventures of great heroes from across the realms.
- A bunch of memorable moments are called out from FINAL FANTASY!
- FINAL FANTASY VII: Lead AVALANCHE against Shinra, and unravel Sephiroth’s plans…
- FINAL FANTASY VIII: Take your place in the elite group SeeD, and recruit the powerful Guardian Forces…
- FINAL FANTASY X: Battle Sin, and uncover the mysteries of the lost city of Zanarkand…
- FINAL FANTASY XIII: Rise up against the fal’Cie, and discover the true history of the world of Pulse…
- And many, many more...
© SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD.
© DeNA Co., Ltd.
Octopath Traveler Collaboration Event Underway!
Event Times: 9/12-9/26 PST
-The rich, classic feel of Octopath Traveler's HD-2D world meets the old-school nostalgia of FFRK in a dungeon match made in heaven, providing a new way to experience the game
-Players can take on an original dungeon set around the events of Olberic and Primrose's stories from Octopath Traveler.
-Music from Octopath Traveler
- Special login bonuses including 5 Mythril and a new 5-star weapon, created for the collaboration
Ratings and Reviews
The only game you need.
With the new update, I’m sad to say that my internet connection can’t handle it. I can barely log in, and several screens just spin forever. I’ll have to hang it up til I get back to a better connection. My review otherwise stays the same:
Every time I get a new phone, I have to be sure to download this game. This really is the game to end all other games. Especially if you are a fan of any of the FF games, but it appeals to anyone. They just revamped the entire system, and it is even better than before. The developers are performing updates frequently to bring new material. There are always events to take part in. The gameplay is easy to pick up, and despite many of the reviews, it isn’t hard to get good characters and weapons. They don’t ask for a dime, and don’t have any ads to worry about, yet people complain. Every mission you complete, you get mythril (in-game currency). They give it out as daily rewards. They give it out just because it is a day they are feeling generous. I’ve never had to want for anything in this game. Just save your mythril for the draws with guaranteed 5star items. The only thing that may be an issue that I see in some negative reviews is internet connection. You have to have a solid internet connection. Maybe add an offline mode? Really the best thing in the App Store.
A fun Final Fantasy Lite experience!
Final Fantasy: Record Keeper provides an entertaining light version of the RPG experience the mainline series is known for, with a special appeal for those already familiar with it. You can recruit characters from your favorite Final Fantasy installments—who, for the most part, retain their general stat inclinations—and make dream-teams of any five characters you like.
Additionally, characters are not recruited through a random grab bag mechanic, but instead through as non-random rewards from fixed tasks, making them much less frustrating to obtain.
The game boasts a large number of Final Fantasy scenes to revisit, including regular, cycling events—which do recur, for those worried about missing them permanently—and every mainline Final Fantasy installment is represented, as well as Tactics, Type-0, and World of Final Fantasy.
It is free, so for those interested in trying it out, there's no harm in giving it a shot!
Nostalgic and not greedy
For a guy that grew up in the era of Squaresoft, this really takes me back. You will get to take a trip down memory lane and experience all of the key points in all of your favorite Final Fantasy titles without needing to do all of that running around.
On top of that, the game is free and does a great job of not pestering you to make any sort of purchasing. I have already used their in-game bonuses to get three X10 (one 5* guarantee) loot crates and got some fantastic drops. They don’t seem to be terrible odds getting good stuff either. Maybe 1/20 drops is a really nice piece followed by 3/20 that are decent and helpful, and the rest you can use to sell or buff your good drops.
I am a huge fan of the FF franchise. Some of the recent apps Square has peddled out has been really greedy or just plain weird. But for those of you that want nostalgia, this is honestly PERFECT to scratch that itch.
- DeNA Corp.
- 120.5 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. / DeNA Co., Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Moogle Gem Pouch $0.99
- Ifrit Gem Pouch $28.99
- Chocobo Gem Pouch $2.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.