MetaReader - Unofficial Client For MetaFilter
By Nathan Mock
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
MetaReader is an unofficial client for MetaFilter, with the included features:
• Browse wonderful content on MetaFilter, Ask MetaFilter, and MetaTalk with a beautiful, native interface
• Add/reply to posts and questions
• Advanced search functionality (search posts/comments, site filters, and sorting)
• Browse several different feeds (Recent, Popular, Feed, Tags, Categories & Favorites)
• Sort comments/answers by popularity or recency
• Discover new content by simply shaking your device
• Customize the app through fine grained settings controls
• Several different themes
• Built in web browser
• Multiple device and orientation support
• Universal app (iPhone and iPad), for iPhones, optimized up to iPhone 6/6+
• And much more!
You can access these features and more with a few intuitive gestures, some of them including:
• Double tapping to favorite any comment/answer
• Swiping left on any post/question from any feed to view the full post
• Swiping left on any post/question/comment to quickly leave a reply
• Shaking your device to view a random post/question
But don't take our word for it, launch the app and experience for yourself! In order to access favoriting and reply functionality, you must have a paid account through their website. Browsing is free!
*** I am an independent developer who relies on app store revenue to pay the bills. If you enjoy the app, feel free to support the developer and future development by leaving a tip from within the app from the side menu! Your contributions are appreciated! ***
** This is an UNOFFICIAL app. MetaReader is not affiliated with MetaFilter Network Inc. or any of its associates. **
What's New in Version 1.0.1
App makes you type in all your login info each time you try to go to a different part of metafilter. It also becomes unresponsive, then crashes when trying to search. Oh, and it makes you login every time you want to comment. You can't save your login info; you have to type it manually every. single. time. These issues observed on an iPhone 6s running iOS 9.2.1.
Did nothing I needed it to
- Keep me signed in
- Show me the full text of the OP as far as I could see
- Allow me to comment on a post
Great idea, sort of working now
I'm also excited about this app. But, searching doesn't seem to work, uh, at all, & I'm asked to login over and over again.
Still I want to thank the developer for draggin metafilter into iOS. Keep up the good work.
Looking forward to updates.
- Category: News
- Updated: Mar 18, 2015
- Version: 1.0.1
- Size: 18.7 MB
- Languages: English, Indonesian, Italian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Ukrainian
- Seller: Nathan Mock
- © 2015 Nathan Mock
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- $4.99 Tip$4.99