View and share the web without distractions.
Browsy is a smart fullscreen web browser that allows you to browse the web without anything getting in your way.
Browsy has a little something for everyone:
- View websites in fullscreen.
- Navigate the web with gestures. Disable any of the gestures if they get in your way.
- Find what you are looking for with DuckDuckGo in the Omnibar.
- Share web content with ease.
- The Bookmarks view makes viewing all of your Pinboard bookmarks a breeze.
- Read all of your favorite websites in a clean and customizable layout with the Reading View.
- Take Notes while browsing using the Notes View.
- Securely use all of your passwords and credit cards throughout the web with the 1Password extension. It's available on the Share button if you have 1Password installed.
- Be productive while browsing with support for Handoff, 3D Touch, Spotlight Search, Keyboard Shortcuts, iPad Multitasking (Split View, Slide Over and Picture in Picture) and a powerful URL Scheme.
- Background audio support allows audio you stream to keep playing while using other apps or while the screen is locked.
- Developer or Designer? Preview and interact with HTML prototypes easily on your device. If Framer Studio is running on your Mac, Browsy can automatically connect to it and display your prototypes on the device.
- Markdown User? Browsy includes the Markdownify Action Extension that can turn *any website into Markdown. You can also use Markdownify from any other app that supports Action Extensions (first introduced in iOS 8)!
- Parent? With Browsy, there is nothing your child can accidentally touch and ruin his/her experience. Works best with **Guided Access.
- Browsy also includes full support for **VoiceOver.
Own an Apple Watch?
Use the Watch app to remote control the iPhone app from your Watch, view your Bookmarks, or do a quick search online. You can also have the Watch speak your search results to you through your iPhone and use Handoff and the Force Touch menu to move between the Watch and your iPhone (Handoff also works with your iPad or Mac).
Browsy is brought to you by Sl's Repository Ltd, a small company dedicated to making your life better.
If you require assistance, have feedback, suggestions or anything else to say, you can get in touch via Twitter (@slsrepo) or the website (https://slsrepo.com).
*The output of the Markdownify extension depends, among other things, on the HTML markup of the page you send. Check slsrepo.com/marky for more details about it, although most websites should work.
**Guided Access and VoiceOver are accessibility settings available on the Settings app.
Almost a year in the works, Browsy 1.2 brings a redefined browsing experience with an incredible amount of new features, performance improvements and a few bug fixes that make using the app a lot better.
The update includes:
## New and Improved:
### Some completely new views
- New Reading View, allowing you to read all of your favorite websites in a clean layout without any ads, menus or other content. Powered by Marky (https://slsrepo.com/marky).
- New Tabs View, for browsing multiple webpages in the same time.
- The New Notes View allow you to write quick thoughts, ideas, remarks you have while watching videos, reading and browsing and then send that text to other apps. Including an extra keyboard row that allows you to move the cursor with a swipe, select text with a two-finger swipe and move to the start or the end of the view with a double tap with two fingers on the edges of the row.
### New Settings
- New Gesture to hide all the buttons - Swipe right with 2 fingers to hide the buttons (including the More button). To hide the buttons on the Notes view, swipe with 3 fingers.
- The new Recent Sites setting allows the Omnibar to remember the last 100 websites you visited and make visiting your favorite sites quicker and easier.
- The new Disable Cache Setting - Complete privacy without cookies or any other kind of browsing data per tab.
- New Feedback Center - Send feedback, bug reports and messages right from the Settings view. Powered by Apptentive.
### Support for the latest and greatest
- The font used by the app has been changed to San Francisco, the new system font on iOS 9.
- The app has been optimized for use with iOS 9’s iPad Multitasking features, you can now Slide Over Browsy for a quick browse, Use Browsy alongside another app with Split View and continue watching your video from Browsy in other apps with Picture in Picture.
- Keyboard Shortcuts for every view, available with iOS 9. Long press the Command key on your keyboard to view all of the available shortcuts for the view you are in.
- Spotlight Search - Search your Notes, Bookmarks and Recent Sites from your Home Screen on iOS 9.
- 3D Touch - Open the Notes View, Bookmarks view, Start a search or visit a website from your clipboard straight from your Home Screen on the iPhone 6s and 6s Plus, or use Peek and Pop to preview sites in the main view and the Bookmarks view.
- Browsy now supports Handoff, so you can seamlessly move your browsing session between your iPhone or iPad (or even your Mac!). On the Mac, Handoff will open your currently displayed page on the browser you set as your default.
### Improvements to the main view
### And One More Thing...
- Introducing Browsy for Apple Watch! :) Use the Watch app to control the iPhone app from your Watch, view your Bookmarks, or do a quick search online. You can also have the Watch speak your search results to you through your iPhone and use Handoff and the Force Touch menu to move between the Watch and your iPhone (Handoff also works with your iPad or Mac).
## Bugs and Other Issues Fixed:
- Fixed a crash that might have occurred when trying to close the 1Password extension view when there are no login details to fill.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused the Bookmarks View to open twice.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused Buttons and Titles to change color randomly or on device rotation.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused the Error view to appear even after loading the website.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused videos to be played automatically after loading a page with videos.
If you require assistance, have questions, ideas, suggestions, feedback or anything else you would like to say, Please get in touch via Twitter (@slsrepo), the Sl's Repository website (https://slsrepo.com), or the new Feedback Center inside the app :)
Also, if you love using Browsy, please kindly consider leaving a review. It's a great and effective way to support the app! :)
Thank you for using Browsy! You rock :)
Ratings and Reviews
Best full screen browser app
I tried them all, this is the best one. Nice job.
A light-weight web browser with a few well-implemented features: a URL scheme, extension support, native Pinboard bookmarks, and an easy way to convert web pages to Markdown from any app with an extension (including Browsy). This is a genuinely useful app.
Great looking and quite functional. A couple of notes:
- the real gem is the markdownify extension. Which apparently only works when sharing from other apps (such as Safari) but not from Browsy itself
- would like to be able to reposition the share arrow
- would like to be able to save to pinboard, and/or browse by tags (not just see all items dumped together)
Keep up the great work! Five stars for it.
- Sl's Repository Ltd
- 35.8 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Hebrew
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © Copyright Sl’s Repository Ltd, 2017. All Rights Reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.