Metronom - The groovy Speed and Rhythm Trainer
By Thomas Arndt
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
“Metronom” is a very powerful metronome app that will help you to learn rhythms, speed changes and, for example, paradiddles!
You’ll get all the essential features of a metronome and a bunch of bonus features like an advanced speed and rhythm trainer. It’s all bundled into one user interface – so you’ll have everything at your fingertips. It’s very easy, and you won’t need much time to master it.
For electronic musicians, we’ve integrated a MIDI master clock to sync all your grooveboxes, DAWs and drum machines.
Take this wonderful piece of software now for the introductory price of just $0.99.
- 4 well selected metronome sounds
- extremely accurate
- simple and clear user interface
- everything in one window
- speed trainer (speed up, slow down or Loop)
- change speed after 1 / 2 / 4 / 8 / 16 bars
- rhythm trainer (play quarters, eights, triplets & sixteenth)
- edit every step individually
- time signatures from 2/4 to 9/4 (also 2/8 ...)
- integrated help desk
- master clock to sync all your soft- and hardware
Great for Visual Learners
I've been a drummer for decades so rhythm is instinctive for me. But my wife is late to the musical game and struggles sometimes with simple things, like singing heavily syncopated phrases. This app has been invaluable in that I can create the custom subdivisions for each beat and she can literally see how time is uniquely divided inside each quarter note. It has enabled her to find the groove infinitely faster than any other tool we've tried, for that alone it gets four stars.
It's also very elegantly and cleanly designed, which we both appreciate.
What would make it over-the-top for me is if it had a variable swing control, and the ability to mute any given subdivision so that the metronome is literally only playing the ticks I want to hear. If that happens, I would gladly pay for the app and update the rating to five stars :-)
BPM Changer with MIDI. meh
This app excels at only one thing - Changing BPM while practicing. You can choose to do it by ramp-up/ramp-down or step-up/step-down, either one-way or back-and-forth. + it also does this with MIDI clock (though that is just as unpredictable as any iOS MIDI implementation).
Wish I could do a few things to make it more useful:
1) Mute steps, (including the 1!) - I usually have a metronome only playing on 2 & 4. In order to use this app, I have to do the math to divide the BPMs in half and set it up in 2/2 but even then it still forces an accent on the "1" [which in my case would be the 2]
2) Decide which beats are accented (or unaccented). If I am playing in 7 and want accents on the 1, 4, & 6 - no can do. It only accents the 1 and as per the above, always accents the 1.
3) Set up irregular subdivisions of any given beat, like an eight and two-16ths. As it is, I either can hear one-quarter, two-eights, three-triplets, or four-16ths.
Only comes has choice of four sounds.
Short shorter - It's fine, but nothing particularly good other than the BPM increase/decrease functions.
Great as a way to control tempo of your DAW
Will be even better when they support Bluetooth midi.
- Category: Music
- Released: Apr 27, 2015
- Version: 1
- Size: 21.4 MB
- Seller: Thomas Arndt
- © 2015 Monoplugs
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.