Loopseque 8 is a logical evolution of the Loopseque’s idea.
Thanks to the modern iPad capabilities, we were able to implement much more effects, more audio channels, improved graphics and many other features, the chief among which is the ability to mix projects as we do it with tracks in DJ's music apps.
Loopseque is back with a rounded beat machine, percussion drum sequencer, the ability to change samples, patterns on the run, use effects, filters, etc to easily create a musical atmosphere that you like.
You can record sessions, use audio Copy/Paste or AudioBus to work with created audio material outside Loopseque 8 application.
MIX PROJECTS IN A DJ WAY
• 2 decks allow you to play 2 projects at once.
• Crossfade between the decks.
• One engine is one tempo - all projects are always in sync.
• Ableton link - synchronize Loopseque 8 with Ableton live or any other device that supports this technology.
• The One deck mode - more functions for control on the same screen.
ROUND SEQUENCER IS BACK
(with new and so long-requested features)
• Rotation rate for each pattern.
• Bit Slicer for each pattern.
• Modulation, Velocity, and Panorama for each step.
• Change pitch for each step.
• Independent Swing for each deck.
NEW SAMPLE EDITOR
• ADSR for Volume and Filter.
• 8 parameters for modulation.
• Copy/Paste sample from other iOS apps.
• Cut, reverse, repitch, filter and volume control.
• Beat Repeater with variable sample rate conversion during playback.
• 2 types of Delay with the filter.
• Filter LP/HP/BP and LFO.
• Reverb with filter, hold, and depth.
Master bus effects:
• 8 channel equalizer.
PROJECTS AND SAMPLES:
• Use more than 400 samples of bass, percussion, effects, chords, processed base drums, and synths or upload own.
• Design your own project by adding the cover art, artist name and share it with your friends.
• Record your live sessions performance and open it in your DAW later.
WAY OF USE
• At home or studio.
• In live gigs.
• On the move.
• With other gears.
• With other iOS apps.
• 32 bars cycle length
• 32 steps pattern length
• 16 patterns on each track
• 32 tracks - 16 per Deck
• 8 channels - 4 per Deck
• Swing for each deck
• Rotation rate
• Bit Slicer for each pattern
• Rotation rate for each channel
• AudioBus support - master and deck A/B outs.
• Ableton Link support.
• Pitch +/- 12 semitones.
• Volume up to +12dB
• Sample length.
• Sample reverse.
• Sample bit crusher.
• Sample ADSR.
• Filter - LP, HP, BP,
• Filter ADSR.
• Modulation section one
• Sample start and end.
• Sample volume envelope attack and decay.
• Modulation section two
• Cutoff / Resonance.
• Filter envelope attack and decay.
• Beat Repeater - Forward/Reverse, Filter, Quantize, Playback rate, Repeat time.
• Delay - Stereo and Ping-Pong, Filter, Delay time.
• Filter - LP, HP, BP, Shelf, LFO, Bit Crusher.
• Reverb - Room size, Filter, Hold, Dump, Width.
Master bus effects:
• EQ 8 channel.
Explore new tricks to create music with Loopseque 8, subscribe here:
Ratings and Reviews
No docs/manual, no support contact, lacks flexibility
The first impression is a bit daunting. Neither the app nor the website offer any help or manual, which it does need. It's laid out fairly well, though some controls are too small. I didn't see anything that would let me change the number of steps per wheel. That might be fixed, which is a deal breaker.
The app launches and automatically is in play, which is super annoying. The rate controls allow you to change the step rate, but there aren't enough selections go get all the different rates I want.
I tried to get a refund, but Apple didn't provide that as an option, and there's no way to contact the developer.
Inspiring and powerful sample-based workstation/playground/tool box.
Desperately needs decent documentation.
Update: For the one-star reviewer. There is contact information for reaching the developer. Go to Loopseque (not Loopseque 8) in the App Store. Select the developers link towards the bottom of the page there. Go to the bottom of the developer’s web page. There’s Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Plus there are a lot of YouTube videos for Loopseque, which are helpful. Doug, with the Sound Test Room, has done a lengthy YouTube video on Loopseque 8. I would expect more as time moves on. Don’t get me wrong, this app still needs good documentation but considering Loopseque came out 8 years ago, I wouldn’t hold my breath.
As far as marketing though, this developer has missed the boat and is leaving money on the table. Possibly a lot if it. Their web page us done well. Real ‘sexy’ looking.
Syncopated pandemonium! I love it❣️ I’ve got an insane sort of Blues rhythm going, injected periodically with a Hammond organ chord with a fast attack and release accented with a low-key run.
If this app is intended to sell normally for $20, they need to write some descent documentation (context sensitive help too would be real good).
I have two problems with Loopseque 8 playing audio both through AUM, as desired, but also directly to my device’s speakers! Second, Deck A doesn’t have audio when I start it in AUM. All the ‘playing’ animations are active but the app’s output VU meter, left is dead. Start Loopseque 8 stand-alone and I hear audio for both Decks.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.