Periscope Live Video Streaming
By Twitter, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
NEW: Start earning when you go LIVE! Super Hearts are virtual gifts you can give and receive during live broadcasts.
Use Periscope to:
• Broadcast live video and interact with people through hearts and comments.
• Discover popular live video streams from around the world or search for broadcasts by location or topic.
• Give and receive Super Hearts to show support.
• Missed out on a live video? Don't worry — watch the best parts with replay highlights.
• Instantly share your live videos to Twitter and other social networks.
• Broadcast privately to specific followers or friends.
What's New in Version 1.13.6
- You can now swipe right on a broadcast in the home / global feed to hide or report it.
- When adding hashtags to your Periscope Producer broadcast's title, you'll now see suggested hashtags (just like in the default create broadcast screen).
I have this app on my iPhone, and I think it’s great. I don’t get on that much but when I do it’s always fun. Whether I’m watching or streaming. The only thing is, I understand that if I leave the whole window the video will end. That’s fine. But I can’t even answer a text without it ending.
I’ve seen people who stream hands free, and it’s obviously not their phone they’re using because they usually have their phone next to them. So I assumed that maybe they were using a laptop or something. Until I looked at the app here I didn’t realize it wasn’t compatible with my Mac. I thought using my laptop would be so much easier so I could use my phone and not worry about accidentally ending the video.
I don’t have an iPad or any of that, so I mean I COULD get one... but it’s not something I can afford, and I already have a laptop with a camera on it.
So if you guys could make the app compatible with laptops, that’d be GREAT.
(I’d just say Mac since you already support most apple products, but it’d be nice for people not using a Mac too. I know programming and stuff is hard, so, No pressure!)
Parents keep this app away from your kids
The concept of this app is a natural evolution of the ego driven internet. But the free-for-all format with no obvious oversight or content filtering has turned this app into a nightmare of drug use, porn, “prophets”, and child exploitation. You read that last part right.
A big portion of the streaming community is shady sites streaming porn on loop and women teasing the camera with PayPal links in their bio. Kids tend to imitate what they see and increasingly there are girls as obviously young as 13 doing the same while a group of sick predators goad them on. Periscope is a pedophiles dream and a parents nightmare.
The app relies on community policing but there’s only so far that can go. And the incident needs to happen to be reported. There needs to be stricter oversight and an overhaul on child safety before this platform can be viable.
Deactivated me for NO reason.
Was using the app for over a year and was impressed with live news and information and yes their is a lot of weird people doing drugs and soliciting, how they aren’t instantly blocked by periscope is beyond me. A couple days ago I log on for a few miniutes and watched Donald trump addressing mid America on his infrastructure plans and suddenly Poof! My account gets deactivated and am instructed to email support, so i did send 2 e-mails asking why they did so and they never have responded. It’s very un professional and irresponsible to treat anyone on any social medium like they don’t matter. Transparency and some consideration to explain what the policy violation is for a user is beneficial in improving ratings and sponsorship awareness of how the public is treated.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Dec 20, 2017
- Version: 1.13.6
- Size: 92.3 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Twitter, Inc.
- © Twitter Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes
Top In-App Purchases
- Starter Coin Package$0.99
- Booster Coin Package$2.99
- Champion Coin Package$9.99
- Patron Coin Package$24.99
- Diehard Coin Package$99.99
- Loyalist Coin Package$49.99