By PowerSchool Group LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Built for convenient access to real-time student information like grades, assignments, and attendance, the PowerSchool Mobile App 2.0 now provides enhanced functionality for parents, guardians, and students.
• Get easy access to the most important student data with an updated user interface, dashboard, and improved app structure
• Use new dashboard widgets for quick access to important information including: GPA, Class Overview, Assignments Due, Assignments Graded, Attendance, School Bulletins, Meal Balance, and Fees
• Customize the dashboard by reordering or hiding widgets to prioritize the information that is most important to you
• Access class information and grades across terms and drill-down to detailed views of class assignments, attendance, and standards
• View class assignments for the week or month in a new calendar view, and drill-down to assignment details
• Manage push and email notifications, student profiles, access school information, and more
PowerSchool is the leading K-12 education technology provider of solutions that improve the education experience for 100 million students, teachers, and parents in over 70 countries around the world.
To access the PowerSchool Mobile App, your school district must be using the PowerSchool Student Information System. If you are not sure what SIS your school is using, contact your school or district.
• Requires iOS version 9.3 or higher
• Access to PowerSchool is controlled by school administration
• Requires a wireless connection or mobile data plan
• Users must consent to receive push notifications when connecting to servers outside of the United States
• Meal Balance totals are only available if your school uses the PowerLunch meal management feature in the PowerSchool SIS
What's New in Version 2.1.1
bug fixes and stability improvements.
Still needs improvements!
I've been using the PowerSchool app for school ever since it had first came out. When I noticed there was an update, I jumped on it and updated it. But ever since then I've grown to be really upset with the update. I haven't used it for school yet as school in my city hasn't started, but just from being logged into it, I can tell there are issues. Like firstly, it doesn't have the classroom numbers anymore?! In the older version it would have the periods, the teachers, and then the classroom. But now no classrooms? And I rely on the app to help me find my classes when school starts. I don't want to have to write them down somewhere when they should be in the app. Andddd, from what other people have written about the app, it would be great to see those older features used again. The older app worked perfectly fine and I'm sure everyone can understand that the company felt the need to give it makeover (which does look nice) but is completely useless if it doesn't make the app any better. Please just fix these issues!
Horrible update please fix
The new update is horrible. I can't ever log in because it always is loading and when I even rarely get in my grades never show up! They up pop up RIGHT when I log in and for no joke 1 second or less. And then after I barely even glimpse at my grades It's still loading... And loading forever. My classes don't pop up. My schedule doesn't pop up. My classes. MY GRADES (the whole point of the app)! I love the new design of the app but if it won't work right I would prefer just how it was before the big update. I've been using power school for a long time and I never had any problems with it. I used to use it every single day for school last year. But now I feel that I haven't been doing as well because I can't easily see my grades and what I need to improve. I would love to keep the format but obviously that's not working so please do another BIG update and return PowerSchool to how it should be with the old format and design. Thanks.
New Update Made it Worse!
I've been using this app for more than 4 years and it has been great for quickly checking my grades. However, the update that completely redesigned the app greatly reduced the functionality of it. There is no longer a refresh, so grades are extremely slow to show up on the app, which is especially frustrating when you are anxious to see the grade for a big exam or project. Also, the app no longer shows the room numbers of classes, which means that I have to write them all down in the beginning of the school year. The header at the top of the dashboard that shows my GPA repeats "<br><br>" next to my GPA, which is not a functional issue but rather a little bit of an annoyance. The app is still useful for checking grades and teacher comments on assignments, but I just wish that they would have kept the functionality of the old app when designing the new one.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Aug 30, 2017
- Version: 2.1.1
- Size: 58.9 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, Spanish
- Seller: PowerSchool Group LLC
- © 2017 PowerSchool Group LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.