Solve all your word puzzles and find the best words in your games to beat your opponent.
* Super fast search of over 280,000 words
* Crossword Solver
* Multi-word anagrams
* Blank letters for board games
* Powerful filters to refine your results
* Look up word definitions
Try moonstarer to find astronomer, also finds smaller words such as resonator and tearooms.
Use . to represent a missing letter, try c....w... to find clockwork and crossword
Use + to represent blank letters, enter scrabb++ to find crabbers and scrabble.
Hold a word to bring up a list of websites to look for the word definition, alternatively just press the search icon next to a word. Also works with the free English Dictionary Offline app.
HINTS & TIPS
Scroll through the tips for quick reminders of all the features. There is also an online user guide showing you how to use the app to help you with your favourite games.
Settings now available for all users
* Select standard (130,000 words) or large (280,000) word lists
* Set the results limit up to a maximum of 5000 results
* Option to enable or disable sub-anagram searches for anagram and blank searches
* New definition source, Word Game Dictionary
* New filters: contains / excludes word
* Letter filters can now correctly handle multiple letters that are the same
* Bug fix - keyboard no longer obscures the text fields when it opens
* Over 30% performance improvements for most searches
* For iPhone X users, the tips and definitions screen now go all the way to the bottom of the screen
* Maximum allowed search query length increased to 42 characters
* Added Copy All option to the results pop up menu
* New filters - crossword pattern and regular expression
* Codeword searches, try ..112332 to find cassette and pallette
* Three word anagrams now supported
Ratings and Reviews
This is a simple straight forward app that will get the answers for you super quick! I store it near a couple of my word games, do when I'm completely stuck, I can quickly jump over to it and enter the letters so I can quickly see what my brain wouldn't allow me to see! Results are listed from the words with the most letters down through to the bottom of the list where it ends with two letter words. The only reason I gave it four stars instead of five is that on one or two occasions I've found an offbeat word in the list that I was sure was the word I needed for my game, only to return to my game to enter it only to have it tell me that it's not a recognized word . It makes me wonder if the program just lists every possible combo of letters it can without regard to correctness or not?? That's OK, it doesn't happen often but it certainly makes me think I've lost my mind on occasion.......overall a great free app that will help you out of a jamb easily and quickly!
Now if someone would design a program to play Anagrams (the game) I would love it but I've not seen it to date.
Best app for missing letters or jumbled words
I've been looking for an app this good and have finally found it. Sent the dev a request to add some features and he let me know that he is planning to push out a new update that will be excellent. If you have questions or requests, email him directly. He has a support link in the menu of the app and responded to me very quickly. These reviews aren't for the developer, they are to let others know if the app is worth getting or not or even just to find out more.
Does EVERYTHING I need!!
I play a word game that frequently has a lot more than 7 letters, so scrabble apps don’t help any. This one does! Type in all of the available letters and you get (almost) all available words that can be used on the board.
Caveat: I normally only use words I know when I'm playing this game. But a couple of my opponents are clearly using cheat apps so I will use this to level the field.
After using the app for a couple of days, I knew that I'd be using it a lot so I paid the $1.99 for the pro version to support the developers. It's only two bucks people!!! Pay for the apps that you're using regularly and you'll keep the developers in business.
- Mark Bailey
- 31.5 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2018 MPD Bailey Technology
- In-App Purchases
- Go Pro $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.