Alternote — the Beautiful Note-taking App for Evernote
By MABee Arts Ltd
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Alternote is a gorgeous OS X note-taking app that integrates with Evernote. Designed to be the most convenient and natural way to make notes, collect information, write down your ideas, feelings and memories.
Alternote is totally secure. There are no Alternote servers in the chain, just you, your Mac and Evernote backend.
Interface slightly dims as you start typing. Now just focus on writing.
# Night mode & font settings
Change sidebar background, color scheme and font settings as you like.
# Robust search
Search through note title and contents as-you-type. Start searching just as you launch Alternote, no more focusing search field.
# Backed by Evernote
Alternote is an alternative Evernote client for Mac. You can use Evernote mobile apps and clippers. All your data will be in sync.
# Retina-ready & smooth
You will make use of every pixel of Alternote. It’s retina-ready and has smooth, optimized scrolling. No matter how long your note is.
# WYSIWYG, when you need it
Text styling controls don’t bother you and appear when you select something.
# Compact mode
Hide sidebar and show notes in one line.
* Yinxiang Biji support
* Colored tags
* Attachments support
* Print to PDF
* Intuitive shortcuts
* To-do lists
* and many more!
What's New in Version 1.0.10
Hello China! New version includes the following:
* Chinese Traditional and Simplified language support
* A small non-synchronized note indicator near modification time
* From now, emoji in note and notebook titles are allowed!
* Fixed rare copy/paste bug
* Fixed a bug with non-breaking spaces when copying code snippets from Alternote
* Fixed a bug with notes update time overwrite
* Fixed a bug with sort by creation date
* Fixed a bug that caused evernote:// links to disappear
* Other minor bug fixes and interface improvements
If you like Alternote, please take a moment to write a nice review. App Store reviews help others to learn about Alternote and keep us motivated to work on upgrades.
Great potential, but...
This seemed like the app that would replace the Apple Notes app for me, since I can sync it between devices more easily, and it was OK in the begining.
There are a few main issues:
1) The search is not consistent, sometimes it finds the words that are inside those text notes, and sometimes it doen’t
2) Even though I clear the formatting, it is copying the text with some kind of strange formatting, and putting spaces between paragraphs, that are not evident in the default Evernote app
That makes it less usable, and hopefully, with the release of the v2 of the app, this will be solved
Until then on to the search for a better note app
Alternote is a great Evernote variation. I prefer Alternote when I do my notes because of how fluid and flexible it is. I love the layout.
I’ve used/tries MANY (yes, caps, haha) of these softwares and Alternote has one of best potentials I’ve seen (Evernote is still the top one) - but Alternote is … well, very promising.
My highest compliments to it’s creators and developers.
Suggestions for the next versions would be (the following can be done in Evernote, which is great, but I very impressed with Alternote, would be great to be able to stay there and do everything I can in Evernote - since Alternote’s layout and workflow are very very smooth.
1) for ‘Note List Mode’ now is currently ‘Full’ or ‘Compact’ - both are great - I’d suggest one more options of showing previews of images or of the note itself - like Everenote does, I love that option when I’m looking visually through my notes.
2) Being able to read .pdf’s in my notes as opposed to download them.
3) Being able to annotate .pdf’s
#disclaimer - I’m very happy with Alternote…
but here are few things I’d like to see any of these softwares do in the future #challenge. This is what would help me very much with my work.
a) When posting a link to music or video - have an automatic player preview and play-a-bility - so that I can view it in the given note (trello is able to do this in it’s cards).
b) being able to customize background colors (I’m not complaining, Alternote does great with this, more options would be cool (I feel like I’m acting spoiled).
c) tags are great, colored tags are excellent (as Alternote does), I wonder if being able to add selective color to each note in ‘Note List Mode’
Thanks for a great app - (this coming from a total app nerd) - keep going Alternote - I’ll be recommending this app to my Evernote friends - I wish I could support the Alternote team more than with a review since I’m sincerely rooting for it’s further development.
Never able to sync with evernote
Although I like the degin of Alternote, it’s simple and clean, and it is easy to use for note taking with the “minimum” support for markdown, it was never able to sync with my evernote. The minute I opened evernote and synced it, I lost all of my notes in alternote and have no way to retrive them. It doesn’t worth the money if it can’t do the basic job it is suppose to be able to.