Listen to the hottest new releases, or your well-loved favorites. Enjoy 50k audiobooks in 30+ categories from bestelling authors.
With hibooks you can:
- Listen to as many audiobooks as you want
- Discover your next favorite with our curated catalog
- Stream or download to listen anytime
- One simple plan. No strings attached.
THE AUDIOBOOKS OUR USERS ARE LISTENING TO:
- The Outsider by Stephen King
- Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan
- Whiskey in a Teacup by Reese Witherspoon
- Fear by Bob Woodward
- 21 Lessons for the 21st Century by Yuval Noah Harari
and lots more...
NOT SURE WHAT TO LISTEN TO NEXT?
Check out our expertly-curated catalog or our ‘book of the day’, and discover your new favorite audiobook. Recent collections include:
- Popular Young Adult
- J. R. R. Tolkien
- Night at the Movies
- Survival Stories
- Danielle Steel
- Books on NPR
Downloading hibooks means you don't have to worry about book credits! Download the app and listen to what you want, as much as you want.
It costs just $9.99 a month — the price of a single paperback!
Terms of your subscription:
Your hibooks membership will automatically renew within a 24-hour period of each term and your credit card will be charged through your iTunes account. You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings. You may cancel at any time.
- Hibooks membership is $9.99 USD per month for access to over 50,000 premium audiobooks.
- Pricing in other countries may vary and actual charges may be converted to your local currency depending on your country of residence.
- Any unused portion of the free trial period will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription within the trial period.
- Terms & Conditions: https://www.hibooks.com/terms
Minor bug fixes
Coming this fall to hibooks:
+ Elevation by Stephen King
+ Bridge of Clay by Markus Zusak (author of The Book Thief)
+ Virgil Wander by Leif Enger
+ A Spark of Light by Jodi Picoult
+ Unsheltered by Barbara Kingsolver
and many more
Ratings and Reviews
Really great selection; Needs major update!!
I heard about this site and while I love my Audible account and utilize Libby too, I was wanting to get more selections in my month. This app is worth the money and has current NYT Bestsellers available right now to listen to. While I love it and have downloaded a lot; the search categories are clunky and need major updating. When I select my genre (example is "Literature/Fiction"), it takes me to the first of many pages of mixed types of this genre. Books such as, "Big Little Lies, Mr. Mercedes, and War & Peace". There is no sorting to help find authors or specific types of fiction. Instead, you must search through the many pages of what seem like random books to find what you are looking for. It is very frustrating. If you are like me and find a book in the middle of this search you will get kicked back to the start. Ughhh! While overall this app has awesome books and is much more user accessible than audible. I will likely use it only until my downloaded books are finished since searching for books is far to frustrating for me!
Needs Upgrades To Compete
I jumped at the chance to listen to more books for less. I have audible and could easily listen to 3-4 books a month, so this seemed like a good choice. Unfortunately, it’s lacking some key features which make Audible so great. For one, they should add the ability to bookmark your location. I often use the sleep timer and it’s frustrating to have to try and find your place again the next morning. Also, the playback is not very smooth even when I have all of the chapters of a book downloaded. For example, in the most recent book I listened to, each “chapter” was short, and was only a part of each book chapter, so every few minutes I’d have to wait a bit while the music played before the next track would start playing. I’d also have to agree with other reviews which say the selection is not up to par with Audible. I don’t mind that I wouldn’t have the downloads forever like with Audible, but do mind that the selection is limited. Overall, it’s an ok app, but without improvements I’ll probably switch back over to Audible.
Hey there Maddie! Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. We really appreciate the insight from your suggestions for features. We are currently working on improving our player, and the bookmark feature. Let us know if you have any further suggestions at email@example.com. We would love to connect! Also, our library is always growing, so stay on the lookout for new content!
Good; poor search & browsing
The application offers a lot for $9.99/month. However, I fear it's suffers from a serious lack of discoverability. Searching by author Returns in complete results. For example, search for "Stephen King" and you only see a fraction of the books that are actually available on the service written by Stephen King. Also, browsing by category only shows a handful of books for each category. Supposedly these are "for you" selections in each of these categories. However there appears to be no way to browse the entire catalog.
Another discoverability issue is related to the lack of any type of user ratings of content. If you want to know how good a book is before you start it you'll have to go to another site like Audible or Good Reads.
- There is no playback sync between.
- There is no history of what you have and have not listened to. You can add things to your "library" but it does not show that a book is finished once you've listen to a book.
- Every book is broken up by chapter. This wouldn't be so bad except for the fact that each chapter puts a gap with a small musical interlude while the file loads. This can be rather jarring in books with short chapters.
- Attempting to airplay an audiobook to my fourth generation Apple TV results in each file skipping to the next repeatedly until the end of the audiobook. This is definitely a bug in this application as no other application on my phone has this problem. Fix it.
Hi there! Thank you for all of this valuable feedback. We are constantly trying to improve and we will take all of this into consideration as we continue to move forward. If you have further recommendations, please do email us at firstname.lastname@example.org :)
- Otto Radio, Inc.
- 68.3 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2016 Otto Radio, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- hibooks - the best audiobooks $9.99
- hibooks - the best audiobooks $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.