"Simply remarkable, […] you’re nuts if you don’t try Apollo." - John Gruber, Daring Fireball
"The best Reddit app for iOS" - The Sweet Setup
"Apollo is the best Reddit client I have ever used. Period." - iMore
"Apollo makes the wild world of Reddit more accessible than ever before, and it may just be the best designed social feed app I've ever used." - MacStories
"Apollo is the only Reddit app you need." - TechCrunch
"Beautiful, modern, and fast." - MacRumors
Apollo is a beautiful Reddit app built for fast navigation with an incredibly powerful set of features. Thanks to features like the Jump Bar, fully customizable gestures, and a super-charged Media Viewer, browsing Reddit has never been this amazing.
It's created specifically with iOS design guidelines in mind, so it fits right at home on your device, and with input from thousands of Redditors helping sculpt and perfect it over several years before launching:
- Jump Bar, for super-fast hopping between subreddits
- Super-charged Media Viewer for an amazing experience viewing images, GIFs, videos, albums , and more from a variety of sources.
- Tabbed interface for easy navigating
- Incredibly powerful Markdown composer for writing comments and posts
- Full inline Imgur uploading, both images and albums
- Large or compact posts depending on your preference
- Dark mode (can be automatic)
- Fully customizable gestures
- Safari View Controller for browsing articles and links
- Inline previews of media in comments
- 3D Touch support
- Beautifully organized Inbox
- Filtering and blocking
- Face ID / Touch ID / Passcode lock
- Moderator features
- Tons of settings to tweak
- GIF scrubbing to go backward and forward in time
- Multiple accounts
- Powerful search
- Full Markdown rendering
- Unobtrusive Volume Indicator
As well as much, much more and it's constantly evolving. If you have anything you'd specifically like to see, come to the ApolloApp subreddit and we'd love to hear it!
Apollo is an unofficial app, and side effects may include an incredible browsing experience.
Hey! Great bug fix update coming your way!
- Support for the new iPad Pros (begone, letter-boxing! BEGONE!)
- Notification fixes
- If you comment and there's an issue where Reddit is unable to post it (if Reddit is down or having issues, for instance) your comment is no longer consumed by the void and is instead offered up for you to retry again or edit!
- Fixed bug when creating a post where the 3 post type options (Photo/Link/Text) could be unresponsive/untappable
- Fixed bug where if there's an issue uploading to Imgur the app could become unresponsive
- Fixed bug where swiping up to access Control Center while watching a video could exit the video (just when it's at the good part!)
- Fixed bug where videos could playback weird (especially Streamable, so sports people should be happy!)
- Chumbus carries through with his reward
- Fixed some more floating bottom bar issues (if you come across reproducible edge cases I'm always all ears!)
- Fixed some layouting issues on iPhone XS Max
- Fixed bug where app would think you had Pro+Ultra when you only had Pro
- Fixed issue where Monochromatic theme would have link colors the… wrong color
- Bunch of other lil fixes
Also of note, I'm aware of an annoying bug where sometimes comments and posts can be collapsed accidentally while scrolling. Annoying. Working on a fix for that one but couldn't quite get it in under the wire for this update, so look for it soon! I'm also aware of other annoying bugs that I shall fix too. :P
Thank you so much for all your support with Apollo Ultra, it seriously means the world and I'm so stoked by the reception (new really cool icon coming soon too!). I'm hard at work on the 1.4 update as well, can't wait to show you all that! So many juicy things up my sleeve. ;)
Ratings and Reviews
Best app ever?
Seriously this is the best app I’ve ever used. Sleek, responsive, super easy to use, destroys the competition and best of all its freeeeee. And the pro version of the app is 100% worth it unless you don’t reddit on mobile that often and even then I think it’s hella worth. Now I use my mobile to surf reddit instead of my desktop lol.
Just a few notes I wanted to leave for the dev. Just nip pick stuff nothing serious. 1.) Is there anyway you could make the upvote and downvote buttons slightly bigger..? I find myself fat fingering and opening things that are already right in front of me. 2.) I had trouble tipping to upgrade to pro when I tried. Idk if it’s on your end or stupid Apple Pay crap but when I would click the tips it would just forever lag. I tried multiple times and after several attempts today I finally got it to go through. Just figured it was worth checking into Incase it’s happening to others too. 3.) The only thing missing in the comment selector(three lil dots) is a block the user option. That’s the only problem I’ve had with this app really and I’d really like to see that added at some point.
Thanks for all your hard work and great job on a fantastic app. Who knows maybe reddit will wise and make Apollo the official reddit app and stop trying to compete with real deal 🤟
Absolutely Stellar App, Developer is 🔥
Apollo is by far the most-used app on my phone (and now I have the ScreenTime reports to prove it). It is orders of magnitude better than the “official” reddit app and is superior in every way. It is fast and smooth and packed with features. I especially love that I can pick the theme I want, change the icon, and remove ads! The thing I hated most about the official app was the ads that were disguised as legitimate posts and with Apollo that’s all gone!
I bought the Pro upgrade months ago to gain access to additional features and it was one of the few in-app purchases I have never regretted or felt like wasn’t worth the cost. Today the developer released an update adding a bunch of new features that require a very reasonable (seems underpriced to be honest) monthly subscription, and like a true bro he has the option to unlock it for life with a onetime purchase! I hate monthly and even yearly subscriptions so I especially appreciated this option.
All that by itself should convince you that this app is worth it, but the thing that really seals the deal is the developer. He is amazing. Super active with feedback and very open in his communication about the status of the app’s development and requested features.
My favorite app for any device.
This app runs the smoothest out of most of my apps on my iPhone and iPad. It is SO user friendly. I bought the full version after about a month of using it, now I’m a solid year and a half or so of using this app. You can kind of pay what you want to support the developer (which by the way, is active in the Reddit community, and he constantly posts updates and speaks with the users of his app through the Apollo subreddit. He has even responded to me!)
What I love about Apollo is that there’s so much more to offer compared to ACTUAL Reddit apps made by Reddit. They ought to just hire this guy.
Anyway, I’ll leave it with this...give this app a shot, and before you know it you’ll be deleting all your other reddit clients. This is THE best Reddit app out there. TOTALLY worth putting a few bucks into the digital tip jar to unlock the premium features for the full version. I can confirm that it is a one time payment. Full version contains mainly cosmetic and customizable features...but if a few bucks to support this developer keeps this app running immaculately the way it does, I have no problem paying up.
- Christian Selig
- 65.1 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Unrestricted Web Access
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © Christian Selig 2017
- In-App Purchases
- Apollo Pro $2.99
- Apollo Pro $4.99
- Apollo Ultra Lifetime $24.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.