- No. 1 insulin dosing app in 7 countries
- Best Patient Decision Support - as voted by JDRF
- Winner of Stanford's 'DiabetesMine' Patient Voices competition
"The killer feature of PredictBGL is the visual prediction and the easy correction of carb and correction ratios directly from the graph. Within the first two days it was easy to correct ratios and fine tune the predictions" - Marius, Germany
"Dexcom data 3 hours faster than Diasend" - Gillian, USA
"Reduced my daughter's A1C from 9.5% to 7.2% in three weeks" - Lisa, Australia
We help real people with real information to live safer, easier lives with diabetes.
Better Doses = Safer Diabetes!
• Designed for type 1s and other insulin users (type 2, type 1.5 / LADA, gestational diabetes)
• A1C estimate
• Meal time reminders, Post-meal reminders, basal reminders: never forget to check and log
• Hypo warning and hypo retest reminders
• Quick and easy logging
• Insulin dose calculator / Logger
- multiple carb ratios and correction ratios
- multiple BG targets
- tracks active insulin / insulin on board in the same way as a pump
- delayed eating suggestions - lower your A1C
- factors for three levels of exercise, stress, sickness and pre-menstruation and more
• Hypo and BG prediction hours ahead
• Neat and clear graphs with ACTUAL blood glucose curves
- no straight-line charts that miss important highs
- helps to explain **expected** versus **unexpected** BGs
• Basal rates for pump users, and split dose logging
• Fully-featured reporting
• Multiple food databases and food estimation guide
• Time in Range / trends similar to CGMS but lower cost
• Health integration - access 5 million food from MyFitnessPal or other food Apps. Carbs, protein, fat and fiber will be pulled into the app when you hit 'Add'.
• Live Health Care Team sharing
• Live syncing between multiple devices
• Tips for first-time users
• mmol/L or mg/dL blood glucose units
• Carbs in grams, portions, exchanges, BE, KE, CC
PRO FEATURES / ADD-ONS (*)
• Predictions from 3-8 hours ahead
• Dose analysis and tips
• Include protein, fat and fiber in dose calculations
• Live Dexcom Share and NightScout CGM data integration
• Reports sent to your physician
INTEGRATION WITH DIABETIC DEVICES
• Live Dexcom Share CGM data integration
• NightScout integration
• Validic and HumanAPI integration
• Import of CSV, XML and Tab formats from 60+ diabetic devices including Accu-check Mobile, Agamatrix Zero-Click, Aviva, CoPilot, CareLink, Contour USB, DiaBass, Diasend, DexCom, Glooko, GlucoFacts, Freestyle Insulinx, Medtronic, MySugr, Omnipod, OneTouch Ping, Ontrack, RapidCalc, SIDiary.
INTEGRATION WITH FITNESS DEVICES
Integrate fitness data from sources such as Atlas, Cycling Analytics, DailyMile, Pulsense, Runsense, FatSecret, FitBug, Fitbit, Garmin Connect, IHealth, JawBone, MapMyFitness, Misfit, Moves, Ride with GPS, RunKeeper, SportTracks, Strava, Training Peaks and Withings.
We're always working to make PredictBGL better! Have a problem, criticism, question, suggestion, or praise? It’s all super important to us, and we'd love to hear from you.
PredictBGL was developed by a team of amazing engineers. Our CTO has had 27 years with T1 diabetes, and in a previous life used an insulin pump for 12 months. Our Quality Manager has a child with T1 diabetes who was diagnosed at 2 years old, now 11.
Includes Spanish, German, French, Italian, Russian, Arabic and Chinese translations.
(*) PredictBGL gives you a 30-day free trial. After that, you can choose to stay with the Free Plan or upgrade to a monthly subscription starting from just two coffees per month ($9.99). Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
NightScout can now be configured directly in the App
Allowed more flexible insulin type setup
Improved dashboard refresh speed especially after switching back to App after inactivity
Fixed active insulin display for NPH-type insulins
Changed meal reminders for people who don't use insulin
Moved Pump and CGM type to dosing menu
Added logging of basal and bolus doses to Health
Ratings and Reviews
Most powerful and accurate tool
I have used predictbgl for years. It helped me get my a1c from 14.1 to 5.7. Empower yourself to take control of your diabetes. The coach portion of this program is the gold. When you enter a blood glucose level and carbs eaten, the program compares its prediction to the actual results and gives you immediate feedback as to potential changes in your ratios. This is taking control and giving you and your doctor valuable feedback to adjust your treatment if needed. The program accurately predicts your blood sugar levels for hours into the future. The dose calculator takes into account carb ratios and correction ratios. Impotant things like insulin on board and insulin stacking are prominently displayed. The program does EVERYTHING it says it will do plus so much more. Type 1 ot type 2. On pills or insulin..shots or pump..this program is for all. Very valuable calculations for the impact of sickness, menstruation, alcohol etc is easily set up for your time periods can automatically adjust your insulin doses. Customer service at this company surpasses expectations. They care about their customers. It is well worth the paid features offered in the program.
Nice app, unaffordable monthly charge
Let’s see, if I pay in 6 month installments, that comes to $130/year, or a little over $12/month, minimum. I may as well be buying a ridiculously expensive app each year. This is definitely not an app for people struggling just to buy their insulin each month. If this were covered under health insurance it would help.
It seems to me to be hand-in-hand with with pharmaceutical companies along with insurance providers taking advantage of the fact people will die without their insulin. Surely that’s not the case.
I have been looking for a quality blood glucose app for Apple products. I've tried several, and even liked a cooler quite a bit. My true hope, however, was to find an app with features similar to a CGMS system. To me, it's vital to include active insulin remaining when trying to determine the correct bolus to take. This app has absolutely blown me away. It is hands down the best diabetes app anywhere. It's features are extensive. It understands many nuances such as making bolus calculations in whole number when people are using insulin pens that only increment in whole numbers. You can't take 2.5 units via a Novolog pen. I LOVE its bolus calculator, it's coaching system, its graphs, it's amazing suggestions on attaining better control, and so much more. It's so good that it makes entry compliance a joy. I don't go anywhere without my iPad. This amazing app has already helped to improve my glycemic control. Thank you, developers!!!
- ManageBGL Pty Ltd
- 14.4 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © Copyright (c) 2013-2018 ManageBGL
- In-App Purchases
- PredictBGL Pro Pass $9.99
- PredictBGL Pro 6 Month Pass $54.99
- PredictBGL 3 Month Pass $27.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.