VenueDB helps you find restaurants and bars that match your communication needs.
- Turns your phone into a sound level meter.
- Uses industry-leading technology to guess venue from GPS
- Lets you share your measurements with friends
- Lets you search your measurements by name, city, and venue type
- Lets you sort your measurements based on sound level and date
- Displays the Recommended Exposure Limit (REL) duration by implementing a calculation developed by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health.
Save the world!
Nobody can measure the sound levels in every venue in the world, but if we all pitch in a little we can do it. As users from the VenueDB community make more-and-more measurements, we will create better-and-better features. This will grow the community in a virtuous cycle. Over time, we can allow users to search measurements from the VenueDB database. We can create venue-specific noise forecasts. Let us know what features you would like to see.
Update to new database
Ratings and Reviews
Crashes on downloading
Immediately crashes. Can’t open the app.
Doesn’t work anymore
I love this app. I wanted to use it today for something critical but it won’t start. Tried a lot of things to fix but no luck. Please repair soon. Thank you.
Great idea, but poor implementation
Been trying several sound level meter apps. This was by far the least polished. Only a couple things you can do from the initial screen which was blank. One icon crashed the app every time. Finally got it to list some nearby locations, but it wanted me to choose which one I was at - none of them. Doesn’t appear enough people are using the app to create a database of restaurant volumes - wish this info could be added to Yelp. Seemed very poor overall compared with apps: NIOSH, Decibel X, or SLA lite. I kept those 3 and deleted this app.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.