Learn English idioms in a fun and easy way via 1000 flashcards with pictures and pronunciation.
In our app you will find 1000 flashcards containing idiom meanings, example sentences, pictures and correct pronunciation.
Have you ever seen those strange phrases in English that have absolutely no sense at first sight? How hard you try to translate them literally, and you still don't understand them. Until... you realize that your native language contains something like that. These expressions are called "idiomatic language". Every language includes conversational expressions or phrases that have figurative meanings.
Many such expressions, in their original use, were not figurative but had literal meaning. In course of time, those phrases became figurative. And we still use them very often!
If you are tired from ordinary boring exercises, let us introduce you the most commonly used idioms that English-speaking people use - in one app! Learn them in a fun and easy way:
1. 'Useful' flashcard shows you an idiom, its meaning and an example.
2. 'Visual' flashcards help you to remember idioms.
All flashcards are arranged in alphabetical order and contain correct pronunciation. Our app works offline. Very helpful for IELTS, TOEFL, TOEIC, EFL, TEFL, TESL, ESL.
Idioms really expand your vocabulary and learning them with our app is a piece of cake! Oops!.. This is an idiom :)
P.S. No annoying ads.
Now you can purchase individual sets
Ratings and Reviews
Please update to improve compatibility with iOS 11. Packs aren't in numerical order and seem to be mixed up.
Thank you for the perfect App keep going
Idioms are tough!
I just got this app, and love the graphics and idioms used. I'm using it to teach students who are learning English, and have a few suggestions to make the app more usable from a user's standpoint:
1. Either have a master list of each idiom in each set, or an overall master list. Make this list searchable.
2. Make it so that individual idioms can be bookmarked. It takes too much time to find individual idioms. Maybe you could number each idiom so that I could at least write the number down. If you did that, please number them so that #1 is the first card in the first set, and the final number is the last card of all the sets.
3. Make it possible to create a study deck of chosen idioms.
Any of these additions would make this a 5-star app!
- Vladimir Bayatov
- 94.7 MB
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2017 Learzing
- In-App Purchases
- All Idiom Land Sets ("A-Z", 1000 cards) $2.99
- Idiom Land Set #1 ("A-B", 100 cards) $0.99
- Idiom Land Set #2 ("B-C", 100 cards) $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.