Find online Movies, TV shows, Live shows, and cast them to your TV.
iWebTV works with Chromecast + Roku + Apple TV (4th Gen) + Fire TV, as well as smart TVs powered by Roku or Chromecast.
*** Feature Highlights ***
• HD resolution supported (1080p and up to 4K depending on the device)
• Advanced browser, supports multiple browser tabs, blocks or hides spammy popups, search from the URL bar, ad blocker, browsing history etc...
• Subtitle auto-detect + Movie/TV Subtitle library
• Live streams support
• Video preview: up to 72 snapshots to instantly locate your favorite scenes.
• Binge on TV show episodes - queue up many episodes and let them play uninterrupted.
• Set your own home page, bookmark web page or videos.
• Full playback controls, from the app or from the lock screen after exiting the app.
• 2 advanced privacy modes: anonymous & private session
Some of the features above require in-app purchase
iWebTV actually plays the video on your media player which results in a much higher quality picture than apps that mirror your screen.
* Excluding video formats not compatible with iOS (flash)
** Most video sites should work great, however if you are experiencing issues casting from your favorite site, send us a quick note from the app's menu > feedback. We add support for video sites every day, and the most-often requested web sites get fast-tracked priority.
*** The following TV brands have one or more products compatible with iWebTV - Sony, Sharp, Philips, TCL, Vestel, RCA, Vizio, Toshiba, Philips, Magnavox, Polaroid (look for "Roku Smart TV", "Chromecast buit-in", "Google Cast Ready")
iWebTV offers a variety of upgrades, some of which are subscription-based. For these upgrades, the following terms apply:
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication.
• Enjoy your videos without the banner overlay
• Enjoy your videos without the banner overlay
• Video preview with max resolution snapshots
• Bookmark your favorite pages and videos
• Set a custom home page
• Skip video ads
Fixed crash affecting iOS10.x devices
Ratings and Reviews
Great app! Needs some work
I’ve owned the paid version now for almost a year. I use this app 3-5 days a week. I don’t usually write reviews nor do I give full 5 stars because there’s always something to keep up with to stay on top. And yes, the last update does have some glitches that need to be flushed out, but so it’s the case with all of the other apps out there. Those of you unhappy with this app that gave it less than 3 stars, I’d first check what you may be doing on your end that isn’t helping or causing the problem and call customer service. I say this because I have owned and compared iWebTV to, Webcast, Tubio, Tvcast, SmartCast, Castbox, amongst others that I tried and paid for their “paid version.” When you compare apples to apples, this one comes by far ahead of the others specially in the main features; cost to paid version, and reliability of casting to different devices (Roku, chrome cast, Apple TV, fire stick, and many, many stand-alone TV brands). Yes, there are other apps that have other functions that I also like that this one doesn’t have, but overall this one works best for me.
So far so good
Works well at what it is supposed to - it casts to the TV. You search for everything in the app. It acts as a browser like safari, but then you add videos to the queue if you want to watch them. This queue feature is super helpful when you're wanting to binge something. There's a small banner at the banner if you don't pay the $3 to remove it, but it's not obtrusive, and it's also not super expensive to remove. It does give you a notification at the top of the screen if you leave the app (or turn off the display), telling you to "return when convenient" as it needs the app open to avoid buffering. It does stop playing if you don't return to the app every so often, so it's quite as great as actual casting, but overall it's useable. Other than the small banner, no intrusive pop up ads or anything annoying like that. Works for how I need it to work! Recommended if you just need something easy to cast videos from the web that don't already support this.
Worked great until it didn't
Many months of great usage and as flawless as an app can be when utilizing others servers as the source. Then the brick wall, we attempted to access the app on our Apple TV and there it was, the blank screen and no ability to play from the iPhone app. We've attempted to delete and reinstall the app, reset the Apple TV, and restart the Apple TV but to no avail. Unfortunately an issue has cropped up and we are left with an unusable application. It was good while it lasted.
App started working shortly after response. Thank you.
6/6- For 4 days now the Roku streaming option has not worked. Will connect to ATV4 no issues. Roku on the other hand will not. Gives three Roku devices to choose from (I only have one) and blank on the screen connect. Removed & Uninstalled on iPhone and Roku to no avail. This up and down working app we've paid for add-ons is getting old and is a reason why a developer is liable to swoop in and push your app out in the near future. Updates are breaking your app, test before releasing.
Developer Response ,
What you saw was probably the result of an outage with our hosting provider that took place yesterday. Everything should be working ok now - contact us if you are still having issues (Menu> Support)
- Swishly inc
- 65.9 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- English, Arabic, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © Swishly Inc
- In-App Purchases
- iWebTV PRO $6.99
- iWebTV PRO $0.99
- Remove Banner $5.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.