Graphic - illustration and design
By Indeeo, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Graphic is a full-featured graphic design and illustration application for iPad. True desktop-class editing and illustration tools on the go.
"...the iOS’ answer to Adobe Illustrator" - Padgadget
"Finally, Professional Vector Editing Comes to the iPad; 9/10" - AppStorm.net
"Numerous options; easy to use" - Macworld
Graphic has all of the tools you need to create everything from detailed technical illustrations to beautiful works of art. Create complex designs quickly and easily, even on the go.
Easily share designs with the Mac and iPhone versions of Graphic using iCloud or Dropbox.
- Photoshop PSD import/export
- PDF and SVG import/export
- Layer FX - shadows, glows, multiple strokes and fills, etc.
- Multi-color linear, radial, and angle gradients
- Shape libraries
- Dimension labels with precision settings
- Boolean path combinations
- Canvas scale, Rulers, and units (mm, cm, inches)
- Pen tool multi-point selection and editing
- Smart alignment guides and point snapping
- Magnifier Loupe
- Dropbox Integration
Layers, Text, Images, Object Groups, Multi-color Gradients, RGB / HSB / Hex color pickers, Brushes, Bezier Pen Tool, customizable Canvas Styles, Grid and Smart Guide Snapping, Image Masking, vector-based PDF and SVG file import/export, and much more!
- Brush and Pencil tools for fluid drawing and sketching
- Essential set of shape tools
- Multiple Layers allowing you to create complex designs
- Powerful Pen tool for creating custom shapes
- Color picker wheel / RGB and HSB sliders / Hex colors
- Magnifier Loupe
- Eraser Tool
- Unlimited Layers
- Linear, radial, and angle multi-color gradients
- Multi-style text support, TrueType (.ttf) font import
- Text gradients and text path clipping
- Convert Text to Paths, Place Text on Path
- Apply shadows and effects to shapes, text, and images
- Rotate, scale, and shear transform tools
- Snap to Grid, Smart Alignment Guides, and Point Snapping
- Line dash and arrow styles
- Image fill masking and cropping
- Canvas Styles
EXPORT / SHARE
- Export drawings as vector-based PDF and SVG files
- Export layered Photoshop PSD files
- Export transparent PNG or JPEG images
- Save and Import from Dropbox
- Sync designs using iCloud
- Save designs to your Photos Library
- Send designs via email
- Send designs directly to other iPad application
- Copy and paste to and from other iPad applications
- AirPrint document printing
What's New in Version 3.2
- Added support for the Smart Keyboard on the iPad Pro
- Easily switch tools using the same keyboard shortcuts as on the Mac
- Command key shortcuts for most common commands: create groups, lock shapes, join paths, etc.
- New 'Paste Inside' feature to easily create clipping masks
- Misc. bug fixes and improvements
Does bare minimum but has major problems
I was happy to find an update today since it has been months since the last one. I immediately downloaded it, hopeful that the most glaring problems would be fixed...but no.
There are a couple of nice features in this update so I'm adding a star. Namely, the keyboard support is actually kind of a big deal because dealing with clicking all over the place just to do basic things like selecting objects was ridiculous.
But the two most important things necessary for any artist who wants to uses this as a viable alternative to a desktop app are still missing.
1) Palm rejection is broken and you get drop offs in the pressure curve with Apple Pencil. This MUST get fixed or the program is only partially functional.
2) There needs to be a shape fill brush like adobe's blob brush so that you don't have to rely on the poor path outlining.
This said, I do like this app. I have managed to use it to create some finished artwork, but it was not easy. If the iPad Pro is to compete with the Surface pro, it needs some good quality software and although this is the best vector app in the App Store, it just isn't there yet.
Undisputedly the best application for Figure creation and technical illustrations on iOS. I'm using it to create all my figures for my textbook. It's the best alternative to Illustrator. Arguably better and certainly easier to use. I also have the desktop version. The two work hand in hand. Was able to open old Illustrator files and edit them in Graphic. Please allow the creation of sub folders for iOS version.
In Maintenance Mode
If you are considering the purchase of this app - I suggest you carefully consider alternative options. Check how often competing apps are updated, and how many significant new features are being added.
When Autodesk bought out iDraw I hoped they would continue to evolve and improve this app. Eight months after the buyout we get a bug fix release. So many basic vector graphic features are still missing - like snapping to the center of an object. Alas, this app appears to be languishing in maintenance mode.