By Marco Piccone
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
iEphemeris is an astronomical program for iPhone or iPod Touch.
iEpemeris displays moon phases, the visible surface of the moon, the distance between earth and moon, the Julian Date, the Sidereal Time, the Right Ascension and the Declination of the Moon.
The application can be customized by choosing:
- if you wish to use iPhone GPS;
- the hemisphere where you are living;
- between Metric and Anglo-American unit mesure system;
- if you want information in real time, or if you wish to set your own time and date;
- to choose your location among the 8.000 cities stored in the built-in database, or to add your own by setting latitude, longitude, elevation and time offset;
- to choose any of all supported languages without change your device settings; changes concern not only the application language, but even the regional settings used by the program (such as dates).
If you find any mistakes in translation just send me an e-mail to the following address:
What's New in Version 4.1
Fixed an issue with inApp Purchase.
Rebuilt for OS 4.3
How to change location from Italy
As a pro to others who have stated in their reviews their inability to change the location from Italy: I too wrestled with this problem until I finally figured out the solution. By default GPS is on, but in order to change location in the settings you first have to temporarily turn GPS off. Then you can make the location & time zone changes! When you are done you can turn GPS back on. I hope this helps past & prospective downloaders, and I suspect if you knew this secret you would have rated it higher. Developer, you might take note of this and make it more obvious in future updates.
Only AT first launch, was I able to enter my country, city but not mine. I checked US Naval Academy, BUT I am in northeast.
I can check in another app to verify the long/lat is correct.I cannot change the default time zone, the site. It only gives me moon info, not sun, no rise/set times. The moon phases present are easily found on a paper monthly calendar. Free, BUT I am very disappointed, and may delete.
Currently, I look at TPE on computer...........
It's OK, but...
This app. gives only the basic information available on lots of other apps. For astronomers, the current position of the sunrise/sunset terminator is critical. And here's a news-flash for the developers: Italy is not the center of the universe! Please allow for different locations.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Mar 18, 2011
- Version: 4.1
- Size: 5.4 MB
- Languages: English, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Marco Piccone
- © Marco Piccone
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- iEphemeris Advanced Information$0.99
- iEphemeris Extended Information$0.99