By Jendrik Bertram
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
80% OFF till Sunday as part of AppyFridays deals.
Discover more superb apps on sale on appyfridays.com!
◆ iFlicks 2 is now available in the Mac App Store (requires at least Mac OS X Lion) ◆
Using iFlicks you can easily import your Video Collection into iTunes. This gives you the ability to watch your Videos directly in iTunes or transfer them to your Apple TV, iPad, iPod or iPhone. On top of that iFlicks downloads Metadata for your Videos and lets you tweak the Metadata manually. Managing your Video Collection in iTunes has never been this easy.
iFlicks provides a complete set of features to import and organize your video files in iTunes, while offering a gorgeous Mac-like UI.
Powerful Movie and TV Show Organization
• Automatic Metadata lookup for added Videos
• Improve the look of your Movie and TV Shows on all your Apple Devices
• Completely integrated and controllable from within iTunes to automatically or manually update existing videos
• Creation of HD-SD combos for best possible iTunes, Apple TV, iPod, iPad and iPhone support
• Most complete Metadata editing options
Integrated Video and Audio Processing
• Muxing of compatible Video tracks to m4v and mov container without quality loss
• Encoding of video tracks to H.264 with incredible performance
• Encoding of multiple surround and stereo audio tracks
• Support for soft subtitles
• Support for a wide range of video formats and containers, including all common containers like avi, flv, m4v, mkv, mp4, mpg
Extensive Configuration and Automation Capabilities
• Metadata handling completely configurable through integrated rules system
• Automatically set custom artwork, name or any other attribute
• Automate and customize video handling through Apple Script
• Completely automate your workflow with Folder Actions
More information about iFlicks and a complete list of its features can be found on the iFlicks Support Web Site. If you notice any problems or have any feature request, please make use aware of them there.
Some features require Internet access. DVDs and Blu-ray discs have to be ripped to video files before processing with iFlicks. You need to own the videos you process, DRM protected files can not be processed.
What's New in Version 1.4.9
* updated welcome window
* minor improvements
Just what I was looking for!
I have to admit I was skeptical of buying this app but I did. I knew that it could be used only for tagging movies and not recode them but it took me a full hour to investigate how to do this. For those of you who want to use this as a metadata tagger, open iTunes, go to movies, pick the movie you would like to tag. The name of the movie has to be correct, any period or extra characters won’t work. Once the movie name is correct, go to the menu->iTunes->Services->Automatically Update Metadata for Selected tracks (or use command + shift + U). This will open the iFlicks’ windows and give it 5 - 10 seconds for it to look for one movie. IT DOESN’T TELL YOU IT IS LOOKING FOR IT but it is. When it finds it, the Queue window shows the progress of the tagging. Be patient with this app, it does great things!
I’ve also seen that it works best one at a time, tagging more than one at a time takes too much time and it feels like it’s not working properly. Tip for the developer from another developer, a small alert window or a message somewhere to tell the user it is looking for the movie would be great! :D Other than that, it’s awesome!
Content Rating doesn’t pull up automatically
When I use iFlicks it doesn’t pull up the Content Rating for the movie. Very annoying, I have to go look up the rating and enter it manually. I have used the Services->Open Selected Tracks in iFlicks flow inside of iTunes as well as the Services->Automatically Update Metadata of Selected tracks flow inside of iTunes and neither brings up the content rating automatically. Could we get this fixed? It would be a great improvement. All other information seems to be filling in correctly.
Love the app - will not get content ratings anymore
Having paid for this app, I am unwilling to provide another $25 for iFlicks2. Seems like a rip off to me. I love this app. It fits right into my automation setup for ripping and tagging shows and movies. It does mess up a few times, but its easily fixed within the Services menu in iTunes. One gripe I do have is that content ratings are no longer added to my files. Hoping this gets fixed in this version, but with 2 out, I find that unlikely.
- Category: Video
- Updated: Nov 25, 2013
- Version: 1.4.9
- Size: 10.7 MB
- Languages: English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Seller: Jendrik Bertram
- © 2008-2013 Jendrik Bertram
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.6 or later, 64-bit processor