By MAAB Labs
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
You’re in the woods… looking for mushrooms or just on a walk. You know your porcini, chanterelle, parasol mushrooms, ok, but all the other species you may find? What are they called? What do they look like? Are they edible?
iFunch helps you with a fast identification system based on morphological and color features. You’ll be able to immediately recognize the mushrooms you find on your walk using a procedure that simplifies their identification and minimizes the possibility of error.
You can browse the over 420 selected species wherever you are, viewing the photos, illustrated tables and detailed information providing more accurate identification and fun facts. You can even find single mushrooms by their names.
The mushroom photos were taken by fans throughout the world. You can even have yours published by following the instructions on the support site. The best photos and photographers’ names will be added to future updates.
- selection of 423 mushroom species
- 618 photos
- 111 illustrated tables
- glossary of mycological terms (with pictures)
- multiple-choiche quiz to test your mycologic knowledge
the following is listed for each mushroom:
- the scientific name, any synonyms and common names
- sporocarp shape and color
- habitat and seasons when found
- fun facts and notes
you can search by:
- morphology and color, with a wizard
- visual aspect, browsing the photos
- alphabetical order, using the two lists of scientific and common names
the database is integrated in the application and can be browsed without connecting to the Network and at no extra cost
Warning: Mushroom identification and edibility should be determined by expert and certified mycologists or competent health control centers. Incorrect or incomplete information could cause serious injury including intoxication or deadly poisoning.
What's New in Version 3.0
- new design and optimization for iOS 7
- added 20 species
- added several images, including numerous drawings by Giacomo Bresadola
- added 10 new questions in the quiz section
- fix some minor bugs
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Reference
- Updated: May 25, 2014
- Version: 3.0
- Size: 57.2 MB
- Languages: English, Italian
- Seller: Marco Aureggi
- © 2009-2014 MAAB Labs
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.