IGN: Video Game News, Reviews, Guides
By IGN Entertainment, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The latest video game news and reviews, piped into your pocket from the world's #1 source, IGN. A must-have app for gamers, movie buffs and comic junkies that need to know what's new and which products are worthy.
The official IGN app for iOS features:
- NEW! Wiki guides and walkthroughs -- In-depth support for getting through Destiny, Skyrim, Dragon Age, Shadow of Mordor and more
- Video game and movie reviews -- Research the best buys in games, movies and comics
- IGN video shows, with AirPlay support
- iOS Calendar integration -- Add release reminders for games to your iOS calendar
- Customizable news feed -- Keep up on the latest, from PlayStation 4 to Xbox One and beyond (Beyond!)
This Universal app works on iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.
What's New in Version 4.5.10
In this release you’ll find the following goodness:
* We fixed an issue with the handset muted switch overriding audio control in-app.
* We’ve added the ability for our AU and UK teams to more effectively tune content for their regions.
* We’ve resolved two crash bugs with our wiki pages and video player.
* Some articles should now load more quickly.
* We’ve cleaned up our feeds where some articles we’re showing multiple times.
Thank you for using the IGN App!
Sleek App, Lacks Features
The app is sleek and great to look at. It's awesome for scrolling thru headlines and reading stories. However, the lack of features stops it from being mediocre. The primary example of this is the lack of ability to view notifications in the app. If I comment on an article, I have to log on to the mobile site to even view the notification, but even on the mobile site, clicking on a notification doesn't take me straight to the comment. This is very annoying because I'm not going to fish thru thousands of comments just to remember what the comment was about. If they fixed this and a couple other things, it'd easily be a 5-star app.
Great but has bugs
This app is really good it's definitely improved over time. I have an iPhone 6s Plus and I wish it was a little bit more optimized when in landscape mode. It seems at least with the iPhone 6s Plus when it goes into landscape mode it doesn't like to get back out of landscape mode when you rotate the screen. It's a little bit annoying because the only way to fix it is by completely closing the app and then loading it back up again.
New issue for this update. They put ads in the comment section. It is incredibly hard a phone to be able to scroll through the comments and not hit one of these large ads. In the news feed its no problem because the space they take up is much smaller, but this is not so for the comment section. Otherwise this app has truly improved lately, good job!
Update: The app still crashes constantly. After around 10 min the app just closes. IGN you're awesome but hire an engineer and get this thing fixed!
Recent update ruins the comments. I click on the comments on an article I'm interested in and now I have to scroll down to the article I was just on instead of seeing the comments. The app crashes all the time too. I expect more from you IGN.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Jul 29, 2016
- Version: 4.5.10
- Size: 51.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: IGN Entertainment, Inc.
- © 1996-2015, IGN Entertainment, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Early Adopter Bonus$0.99